Draft

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One of my nephews just received a draft notice. Has anyone else here heard of your family receiving one? My sister is a wreck, but we just got finished praying...I don't think he would make it through basic, unless they just push him through...oh, but God.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One of my nephews just received a draft notice. Has anyone else here heard of your family receiving one? My sister is a wreck, but we just got finished praying...I don't think he would make it through basic, unless they just push him through...oh, but God.
Maybe it's someone's idea of a joke. I'm not seeing any sign that they've reinstituted the draft. Have they?

Much love!

Reactions: Nancy

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is terrible news if it's in fact true. The Russians had a draft in secret just before the Ukraine war. Which means the USA under Biden might be considering the same thing and engaging in war with the Russians. This could mean WW3. I hope it's a joke, but it wouldn't be funny.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nancy, this must be a sick joke as I looked it up and there is no draft at present per: Return to the Draft | Selective Service System

You should have him double check with the gov as it could be some sort of scheme to get personal info to use as a con.

Last edited:
Reactions: Taken and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nancy, this must be a sick joke as I looked it up and there is no draft at present per: Return to the Draft | Selective Service System

You should have him double check with the gov as it could be some sort of scheme to get personal info to use as a con.
Yes Devin, my sister had to get off the phone before I could ask her some questions and is not available to talk until after 5. I should not have allowed her extremism to get me going, lol-I LOVE my nephew. I will follow up with this as I think it could just be a recruiter.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
:eek: A human trafficing scam perhaps?

That's a far cry from "Hey kid, want some candy?"
You got that right, lol! My sister tends to the worst possible scenario sometimes and she had to get off the phone before I could ask more questions...will follow up and possibly, PROBABLY will just delete my thread.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My guess is that your sister was not speaking precisely about exactly what was received in the mail.

America being a sexist country is seen in the fact that upon turning 18 years old, every male citizen must register with Selective Service.

This is NOT a draft notice.

It’s just insuring the militia rolls are accurate IN CASE a draft needs to be re-Instated.

There was talk about expanding this requirement to females but I’m not sure if that happened.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My guess is that your sister was not speaking precisely about exactly what was received in the mail.

America being a sexist country is seen in the fact that upon turning 18 years old, every male citizen must register with Selective Service.

It’s just insuring the militia rolls are accurate IN CASE a draft needs to be re-Instated.

There was talk about expanding this requirement to females but I’m not sure if that happened.
Yeah I was wondering about that. I joined the armed services when I was 18 so I never had to register for the draft to my knowledge. So I was left wondering if that was a requirement.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yes brother, this is precisely what I believe it is now that I looked up "Selective Service System"

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes brother, this is precisely what I believe it is now that I looked up "Selective Service System"
You know, many times I defend the apparent contradictions in Scripture based on varying levels of precision.

Recently, there was a discussion involving adopted v stepson. In Star Wars, Yoda told Obi Wan to send Luke to his ‘family.’ These people were the stepchildren of Luke’s grandmother.

Jesus was adopted or the stepson of Joseph, making the lineage to David tenuous. Still, ‘son’ is in the relationship and only matters from a level of precision that may not matter, like in Star Wars.

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That’s what it is, I had to do it when I turned 18 as does every male American citizen does.

Reactions: Nancy

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Almost all male US citizens and male immigrants, who are 18 through 25, are required to register with Selective Service.
It’s important to know that even though he is registered, a man will not automatically be inducted into the military. In a crisis requiring a draft, men would be called in a sequence determined by random lottery number and year of birth. Then, they would be examined for mental, physical, and moral fitness by the military before being deferred or exempted from military service or inducted into the Armed Forces.​

Reactions: Matthias and Nancy

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reactions: Taken

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks brother. I think it is just a registration form as it came in the mail. I allowed my alarmist sister to upset me so I got right on here without thinking it through. I do not watch TV at all so, I wouldn't know if the draft was re-instituted. Thanks for the info!

Reactions: Lambano