Drawings/paintings

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
DSC01027.jpg

These are driftwood plaques I make. First I sketch a scene on the wood. Then I wood burn the image. Afterwards I paint it with acrylics. In the old days of small farms many blue birds nested in hollow fence posts.

DSC00984.jpg

DSC00964.jpg

DSC01155.jpg

Wood carving is also something I enjoy such as this white oak leaf carved into a gun stock.

Just so you enjoy what you do. Expertise is not important.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
View attachment 1466

These are driftwood plaques I make. First I sketch a scene on the wood. Then I wood burn the image. Afterwards I paint it with acrylics. In the old days of small farms many blue birds nested in hollow fence posts.

View attachment 1467

View attachment 1468

View attachment 1469

Wood carving is also something I enjoy such as this white oak leaf carved into a gun stock.

Just so you enjoy what you do. Expertise is not important.

That's pretty cool, i have been thinking of wood carving haha, i got a dremel tool, haven't put it to much use though. You are pretty talented at it, I don't know how i would go at it, but it would be a nice skill to have, and if you learn how to make your own musical instruments, carvings aren't so common these days, so it would a pretty neat thing to do.

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just get some wood and start. My father was a master furniture maker and I got my love of wood working from him. Very satisfying so just get started!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Some great art here...love it!! :)

I was once obsessively into rock painting.
My daughter and my two grand daughters when to the river and pulled out many huge rocks that we had to carry to the car together...over a year, it must have been twenty. Until my husband asked me if that was legal...haha!
I have no idea.
But then for the next three years I painted cats, rabbits, baby deer and dogs...lots of dogs. ( all curled up in balls , except the rabbits) Obviously picking the right shape rock is important. Most were given away..about 6 are our in the garden now..but fast losing their faces and colours. But it was fun, and my husband was amazed about how well they turned out.
I can no longer sit still for so many hours now...my back is creaky.

But I enjoy seeing the posts and pictures above...and the lovely wood carving.
Blessings.....H

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I've been drawing and writing since a child. Cartooning is one of my continuing interests. Especially biblical scripture memes.

View attachment 1470

View attachment 1473
The old man and the "C".

Nice, I sometimes get some pretty real pictures in my head when I read the Bible haha, I guess u get the same too lol, you can just picture it like you are in the very moment.

Reactions: Frank Lee

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My wife's work:
golden%20reflections.JPG

LeGrue_FreshApples_12x16_ob.jpg

BlueBell_14x11.jpg

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do art on your phone using picsart.app.link app. This was done using the app on my galaxy note 4. Best app for drawing.

227362572026202_orig-512x910.jpg

PicsArt_07-16-10.59.59.jpg