Dream And Vision Interpretation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They were judging everyone in the room.

Hmmm... this leaves too much out there where interpretation is concerned. Unless I know specifically what they were annoyed or sad about, the dream carries no message yet, other than telling me what I already know.

Reactions: Mayflower

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was on this rocky dirt road going to the room/away from the room when I say "stood behind them".

I think I need to be meditating on some of them war verses. LOL. I got the spiritual war part out of it.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hmmm... this leaves too much out there where interpretation is concerned. Unless I know specifically what they were annoyed or sad about, the dream carries no message yet, other than telling me what I already know.

My friend thinks these are two types of believers. Ones who are still in the light, and seasoned fighters (from the light) who can fight the darkness. She said that we need to be careful as believers not to judge people, whether it be the fighters or those in the dark... I can see that...good reminder.

I might not be the sort of person who can just go knock dark shadow heads off alone in the dark just yet, but I can sure be praising and praying to God in the light.

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My friend thinks these are two types of believers. Ones who are still in the light, and seasoned fighters (from the light) who can fight the darkness. She said that we need to be careful as believers not to judge people, whether it be the fighters or those in the dark...

This is close.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe I know what you were seeing/learning but I'm hard pressed to put it into words.

Its like...you were seeing that things that are commonplace and dont seem to be harmful really are harmful. We see them as normal because they are in our every day and we are surrounded by them, but you got the glimpse that they darken the windows/eyes so the light cant penetrate.

This is especially important, as you said it was your desire to hear Gods voice. Little foxes spoil the vine. But we have grown up with all the little foxes and they've just always been there so we dont see them as truly evil for the damage they do at crushing the vine.

We can begin to SEE the little foxes and we can struggle with them, but they are deeply rooted in us and we cling to them. They almost just seem like silly and harmless shenanigans to us, if we even see them in ourselves at all, and we more often see them easily in others but not as readily in ourselves. The result is that we think others have some serious problems but that we ourselves dont.

I'm trying to think of an example...like, if someone is rude to us and we have hurt feelings and resentment. We see them as the problem when the problem is inside of ourself. We ourself hold onto that little fox and nurture it and feed it. We cant change it - a leopard cant change his spots. But it's way worse than that - we dont even see it as a problem in ourself so we dont have sorrow over it and ask for help. No problem can be fixed in us if we dont see we have a problem and ask for what we lack.

You were seeing through the teenagers eyes because the dream was addressed to you and you are the teenager. It's a great blessing that God is beginning to show you the things of the world you must reject rather than accept in your habits. It means He is beginning to address the things that hinder you from hearing Him more clearly.

I have a caution for you. You cannot do anything about your spots. You have to see yourself more clearly as He shows you, ask for what you lack, and wait in trust. After you have struggled with sin/the little foxes for awhile, He will strengthen, confirm and establish you. You will be sorrowful over what He shows you in yourself (and others) but accept it, acknowledge it, ask, and wait in as calm of trust as you are able to. To much worry is the opposite of trust that He will see to you.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe I know what you were seeing/learning but I'm hard pressed to put it into words.

Its like...you were seeing that things that are commonplace and dont seem to be harmful really are harmful. We see them as normal because they are in our every day and we are surrounded by them, but you got the glimpse that they darken the windows/eyes so the light cant penetrate.

This is especially important, as you said it was your desire to hear Gods voice. Little foxes spoil the vine. But we have grown up with all the little foxes and they've just always been there so we dont see them as truly evil for the damage they do at crushing the vine.

We can begin to SEE the little foxes and we can struggle with them, but they are deeply rooted in us and we cling to them. They almost just seem like silly and harmless shenanigans to us, if we even see them in ourselves at all, and we more often see them easily in others but not as readily in ourselves. The result is that we think others have some serious problems but that we ourselves dont.

I'm trying to think of an example...like, if someone is rude to us and we have hurt feelings and resentment. We see them as the problem when the problem is inside of ourself. We ourself hold onto that little fox and nurture it and feed it. We cant change it - a leopard cant change his spots. But it's way worse than that - we dont even see it as a problem in ourself so we dont have sorrow over it and ask for help. No problem can be fixed in us if we dont see we have a problem and ask for what we lack.

You were seeing through the teenagers eyes because the dream was addressed to you and you are the teenager. It's a great blessing that God is beginning to show you the things of the world you must reject rather than accept in your habits. It means He is beginning to address the things that hinder you from hearing Him more clearly.

I have a caution for you. You cannot do anything about your spots. You have to see yourself more clearly as He shows you, ask for what you lack, and wait in trust. After you have struggled with sin/the little foxes for awhile, He will strengthen, confirm and establish you. You will be sorrowful over what He shows you in yourself (and others) but accept it, acknowledge it, ask, and wait in as calm of trust as you are able to. To much worry is the opposite of trust that He will see to you.

Interesting interpretation... So I think I hear you saying I have blind spots where I do not see my own sin, easier to see it in others, but that I am beginning to recognize the sin and fight against it?

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting interpretation... So I think I hear you saying I have blind spots where I do not see my own sin, easier to see it in others, but that I am beginning to recognize the sin and fight against it?

We all have blind spots and things we dont see as hindering our growth. We continue to have them until God shows us and He shows us as soon as we are ready to bear them. The quickest way is to trust Him and to be vigilant when He shows us ways we are trusting something else other than Him or shows us we are caught in worry rather than trust.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know, a way in which I struggled for what seemed like forever and shouldn't have had to, was a stubborn insistence that He wasnt letting me make enough money to take care of myself. I complained to Him a lot about it. He showed me it was unbelief. He can sew up holes in pockets and He can make shoes last 40 years in a desert. But I was insisting on how the world looks at things. God doesnt even need ANY money to take care of someone. And whatever is not faith is sin.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We all have blind spots and things we dont see as hindering our growth. We continue to have them until God shows us and He shows us as soon as we are ready to bear them. The quickest way is to trust Him and to be vigilant when He shows us ways we are trusting something else other than Him or shows us we are caught in worry rather than trust.

I am not sure if this is the right interpretation, it could be...but regardless, it is a word I definitely can use. I know it is easy to have blindspots and it is easy to see sin in others. To pray about what they are to change those areas is so important.

downloadfile-23.jpg

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not sure if this is the right interpretation, it could be...but regardless, it is a word I definitely can use. I know it is easy to have blindspots and it is easy to see sin in others. To pray about what they are to change those areas is so important.

View attachment 14381

Yes, it is important to pray about, but your trust will be tested there as well, as He wants us to wait patiently after we pray, for His timing. Its like...you said it's so important to you to hear Him clearly, and of course God wants that too, but He has to address things that would hinder that first.

I asked Him for love because I could see, painfully clearly, that I lacked love and would always lack love if He didnt grant it to me. I was very sick of my own lack of love and everyone's lack of love. (At first I was only sick of everyone else's lack of love but then I saw I was the same way.) I kept praying for love over and over and then i finally settled down and waited in trust. Patient trust pleases Him because your own impatient will is put down for whatever timing He wills. I waited some months, and one day, I was quite suddenly amazed because all my anger and resentments were gone. I walked around in a daze for a few days because I had never in my life been free from my passions. I didnt know what to do and felt adrift and untethered, like...if my passions didnt rule over me and make me (and everyone around me) miserable, I didnt even know what to do! I realized it still wasnt love but I also realized it was necessary for Him to calm my passions or I could never, ever bear His love. It would be impossible. How could love and murderous anger coexist together in me? Impossible.

Anyway, a few days later, I met with the meanest and rudest treatment from a succession of people, one after another. And I recognized they were being awful, but as had been happening for days, my passion did not toss me around. And then, at some point I began to cry and couldnt figure out why I was crying. It took me a few minutes to realize I was experiencing pity for them. They were being slammed around by their passions and they couldnt escape it any more than I could before He did some strange thing in me. And there was no way I could be mad at them for how they were treating me because...He had given me an alarming gift of freedom and how could I then be mad at them for not having received that gift too? I absolutely did not do that work in me, He did it. It made me willing to keep waiting and keep trusting because I could see the good He did for me. That's selfish, I know. I'm willing to let Him do whatever He is doing in whatever timing He wants now because relief came to me, not out of great love for Him. Still waiting for love but smartly keeping my mouth shut because it's quite apparent to me now that He knows what Hes doing. He didnt grant me His love, but I know when I'm ready to bear it He will. And for the first time I experienced true pity. It has to be true pity because I never once in my life experienced pity for anyone being awful to me. My passions wouldnt allow it. I could pity someone if they weren't being mean to me but that's not the same. I pitied when someone being AWFUL to me.