Dream And Vision Interpretation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm a newbie to this site, and will admit the offer of dream interpretation is intriguing! I used to be a dreamer, but not for a long, long time. Covid seems to have restarted them. Many of the dreams make sense and there's a few that don't. I'd really appreciate any insight on these ones. I had both the same night. I'm not entirely sure they're related to each other.

Dream#1 - I was at church. We all knew it was time to do something different and everyone was all excited about the prospect of doing something new. Problem was, we didn’t know exactly how to do this. Each person was holding a piece of paper (to write ideas on?), walking around and talking among themselves. Later when it was time to go, I was in the cloakroom, looking for my other shoe, someone came to talk to me and told me the word was the “old pastor” would know how to do it.. End of Dream

Dream#2 - My husband and I were in a wooded area (camping?) with two women I used to work closely with 20 years ago. One of them I knew was “Jennifer”, and since I never saw the face of the other person and sensed she was also an old co-worker, thought it must have been the other woman in the section also named “Jennifer”. They decided it was time to start a fire, and did so in a special “box” already installed on their site. It was made of red bricks, solid three sides and open on the fourth. There may have been a top to the box, but I don’t remember. I do remember the flame was only visible from one side of the box and I couldn’t see the flame from where we were sitting. They suggested we make our own fire in a similar brick box provided on our camping site and we did. End of Dream

Thanks for reading!

Greetings, Faith In Him.

Near certain I know what this is about, but let me ask ask you about your church first to make sure. What sort of church are you a member of, and what was the old pastor like? Also, how "on fire" you would say you and the other members of your church are for God?

Looking forward to your answers, and thank you for joining our forum.
HiH

Reactions: Mayflower

FaithinHim

Aug 9, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We are a small, lively, busy, charismatic church located in the countryside. We believe in all the gifts of the Spirit; worship and prayer being integral to a relationship with the Father. Our previous Pastor was much loved and respected in the area. He had tremendous outreach, but a little over a year ago felt led to move on after being with us for 20+ years. It was a hard decision for everyone, but the transition to new leadership was prayerful, was not abrupt and almost felt seamless. Our new young Pastor is great. He has a heart for evangelism, and was mentored under the previous Pastor for many years.

I feel we're on fire Spiritually for sure. We have been praying for God's will be done and revival, but there's an undercurrent of "we're not ready", which I don't understand. We've continued the programs the previous Pastor established, but it doesn't seem to be enough (the right things?) anymore, especially in this Covid season.

Thank-you so much for your time!

icxn

Oct 6, 2018
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"The spider taketh hold with her hands, and is in kings' palaces. "Prov 30:28
The person who like a spider lives in stillness* and has woven his thoughts with the ethereal words of the spirit as with a web/net (Matthew 13:47), can easily sense the disturbances caused by the spiritual insects caught thereat. Such a one, being well trained in the works/ways of God, as with hands, taketh hold of any evil thought that approaches him and has his abode in the heavenly palaces.

_____
* Most spiders are ambush predators. They will stay on their web or in their burrow often in the same position, for incredible periods of time without much movement, waiting for prey to come to them.

Reactions: amadeus

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The person who like a spider lives in stillness* and has woven his thoughts with the ethereal words of the spirit as with a web/net (Matthew 13:47), can easily sense the disturbances caused by the spiritual insects caught thereat. Such a one, being well trained in the works/ways of God, as with hands, taketh hold of any evil thought that approaches him and has his abode in the heavenly palaces.

_____
* Most spiders are ambush predators. They will stay on their web or in their burrow often in the same position, for incredible periods of time without much movement, waiting for prey to come to them.

In dreams, spiders are usually not a good thing I have learned. :)

icxn

Oct 6, 2018
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In dreams, spiders are usually not a good thing I have learned. :)
The spider of imagination weaves many frightening webs in our dreams, yes! But they are just that... spider's webs, flimsy and easily dissolved. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Philip James

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are a small, lively, busy, charismatic church located in the countryside. We believe in all the gifts of the Spirit; worship and prayer being integral to a relationship with the Father. Our previous Pastor was much loved and respected in the area. He had tremendous outreach, but a little over a year ago felt led to move on after being with us for 20+ years. It was a hard decision for everyone, but the transition to new leadership was prayerful, was not abrupt and almost felt seamless. Our new young Pastor is great. He has a heart for evangelism, and was mentored under the previous Pastor for many years.

I feel we're on fire Spiritually for sure. We have been praying for God's will be done and revival, but there's an undercurrent of "we're not ready", which I don't understand. We've continued the programs the previous Pastor established, but it doesn't seem to be enough (the right things?) anymore, especially in this Covid season.

Thank-you so much for your time!

Ok, sister. Thank you for your response. That's a pretty good report, and it sets the stage for what I think these dreams are saying.

Let me take them individually, in the order they were apparently received:
Dream#1 - I was at church. We all knew it was time to do something different and everyone was all excited about the prospect of doing something new. Problem was, we didn’t know exactly how to do this. Each person was holding a piece of paper (to write ideas on?), walking around and talking among themselves. Later when it was time to go, I was in the cloakroom, looking for my other shoe, someone came to talk to me and told me the word was the “old pastor” would know how to do it.. End of Dream

"Doing something different" relates directly to your current situation; the church seeking a new direction spiritually. Each person holding their own piece of paper is actually the key to the dream. It coincides with each couple having their own campfire. The point of the dreams is that the answer will involve everyone finding their own specific calling, rather than going with a program where everyone is doing essentially the same thing. It's a common problem in churches because finding one's specific calling takes more work, more time, and more prayer.

Anyway, the "cloakroom" is an interesting expression. We don't use it here, but it represents a place you find your spiritual "mantle," if you will. But you are looking for your other shoe, which means your walk will not be right before the Lord until you get everything you are supposed to be "wearing" together. Again, the symbolism is of individuality. Everyone wears their own coat, and their own shoes, and so it is in the things of the Spirit. A pastor with an evangelistic bent is a wonderful thing, but maintaining programs with an evangelistic bent will leave many people out whose gift has little to do with evangelism. I think "older pastors" may have understood this better than newer ones. Today, so much of the church is operating under programs rather than encouraging believers to pursue their individual callings in Christ.
Dream#2 - My husband and I were in a wooded area (camping?) with two women I used to work closely with 20 years ago. One of them I knew was “Jennifer”, and since I never saw the face of the other person and sensed she was also an old co-worker, thought it must have been the other woman in the section also named “Jennifer”. They decided it was time to start a fire, and did so in a special “box” already installed on their site. It was made of red bricks, solid three sides and open on the fourth. There may have been a top to the box, but I don’t remember. I do remember the flame was only visible from one side of the box and I couldn’t see the flame from where we were sitting. They suggested we make our own fire in a similar brick box provided on our camping site and we did. End of Dream

These two women serve as an example of the way they used to do things, and the way they decided to "start a fire" was by doing so in their own personal "box." Starting a fire is a metaphor for starting a revival, but it starts with starting one in your own personal life first. The "box" likewise also likely represents marriages and/or various partnerships that will come together in your congregation, since the two Jennifers are together (the common name represents commonality of purpose) and you and your husband are together. These groupings should all be based on whomever the Lord calls each of you to work with. The interesting thing is that you can't see their "flame" from where you are seated, and they by extension would not be able to "see" yours. This relates to having a vision. All dreams start out small, just like kindling in a fire, but for those who "see" them burning, they know the potential for them to get bigger and burn brighter. This speaks to the fact that if you do each pursue whatever callings you are led to by the Lord as groups or couples, you cannot expect everyone else to "see" your vision and what it might ultimately become. They will be too busy trying to "see" their own, and build it up in the Lord, fanning their own gifts "into flame" as the scripture states.

I suppose that's it. But do understand, it is much harder than saying, "Ok, everybody is going to do this." It places more demand on every person in the church to seek the Lord for him or herself.

Hope this is helpful to you. Feel free to ask more questions if you have them, and if the Lord brings anything else back to your remembrance about the dream, please feel free to mention it.

Be blessed in Christ Jesus,
HIH

Last edited:

FaithinHim

Aug 9, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Praise God for speaking to us. If this forum had a 'love' option I would have clicked it! The veil lifted as I read your interpretation. This dream makes a lot more sense now, and I'm identifying with many of the points you've made. For now, I'm going to focus on finding my other shoe and I feel the rest will fall into place. Maybe some counsel with my Pastor wouldn't be a bad thing either. More time spent in prayer is never a bad thing.

Thank-you for sharing your gift with us.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Praise God for speaking to us. If this forum had a 'love' option I would have clicked it! The veil lifted as I read your interpretation. This dream makes a lot more sense now, and I'm identifying with many of the points you've made. For now, I'm going to focus on finding my other shoe and I feel the rest will fall into place. Maybe some counsel with my Pastor wouldn't be a bad thing either. More time spent in prayer is never a bad thing.

Amen! Prayer is the big one, for all of us.

Yeah, about the options, all we have is "like" around here, so you have to read into it a little, LoL.

Glad you got something from it. I hope all goes well with your church. Sounds like you have a good congregation.

God bless!
- H

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

He is really gifted in interpretation. :) It is why I always tag him and I put him to work.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He is really gifted in interpretation. :) It is why I always tag him and I put him to work.

And I so appreciate it, LoL. Sort of like a glorified pack mule...

mule-in-northern-africa-picture-id147288231

Reactions: Mayflower

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've been getting a crazy amount of dreams and visions this last while, I may ask again!

Im not all that good at the interpreting part, though I pray. But it is nice to know someone else getting a crazy amount of dreams. Last couple years it seems like I dream quite vividly. And interpreters were all very new to me. Baptists do not really learn about the sign gifts much! I know a lot more now. But I definitely believe in them now. As long as the messages align with scripture, I have no issue. The enemy can just as well attack in dreams as when awake though. I always pray for safety over my mind as I sleep.

Reactions: FaithinHim

FaithinHim

Aug 9, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Hidden In Him , I'm B-A-C-K! :)

I've had two different (seemingly unrelated) dreams with dead people in them in the last two months. Here's the one from last night:

"Porch visit with Grandmother"
I dreamed my husband's (deceased since 2003) Grandmother Agnes came to visit! We were all outside on the front porch. Our front porch has two different sitting areas. One on the east side of the front door and one on the west side of the front door. Both areas have a chair and a bench or church pew. The pew came from the old Baptist Church we used to attend and closed a long time ago. When we sit on the porch, we usually sit on the non-pew side, 'cause it has a better few of the road, the west side view is blocked by a massive lilac bush.

Back to the dream. In my dream Grandmother Agnes choose to sit on the church pew! Which was fine and we were more than happy to sit on that side with her.

Anyways, she looked as I remembered her when she was living, tiny (ie small statue), frail and elderly. We were having a great visit and eventually she fell asleep on that hard wooden pew. Taking pity on her, I picked her up to bring her inside the house. I couldn't believe how light she was! My daughter opened the front door and I settled Grandma comfortably on the couch in the livingroom. END OF DREAM.

EDIT#1 - I should add, my husband's grandmother was a lovely, God-fearing, gentle lady, very active in the church who lived to 98 years old!
EDIT#2 - We live in her old house. We purchased it from her after she wasn't able to stay living here on her own anymore.

What do you think? Thanks again!

Last edited:

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Hidden In Him , I'm B-A-C-K! :)

I've had two different (seemingly unrelated) dreams with dead people in them in the last two months. Here's the one from last night:

"Porch visit with Grandmother"
I dreamed my husband's (deceased since 2003) Grandmother Agnes came to visit! We were all outside on the front porch. Our front porch has two different sitting areas. One on the east side of the front door and one on the west side of the front door. Both areas have a chair and a bench or church pew. The pew came from the old Baptist Church we used to attend and closed a long time ago. When we sit on the porch, we usually sit on the non-pew side, 'cause it has a better few of the road, the west side view is blocked by a massive lilac bush.

Back to the dream. In my dream Grandmother Agnes choose to sit on the church pew! Which was fine and we were more than happy to sit on that side with her.

Anyways, she looked as I remembered her when she was living, tiny (ie small statue), frail and elderly. We were having a great visit and eventually she fell asleep on that hard wooden pew. Taking pity on her, I picked her up to bring her inside the house. I couldn't believe how light she was! My daughter opened the front door and I settled Grandma comfortably on the couch in the livingroom. END OF DREAM.

EDIT#1 - I should add, my husband's grandmother was a lovely, God-fearing, gentle lady, very active in the church who lived to 98 years old!
EDIT#2 - We live in her old house. We purchased it from her after she wasn't able to stay living here on her own anymore.

What do you think? Thanks again!

Greetings, sister. Good to see you again.

When you were spending time with her, what was the conversation about?

FaithinHim

Aug 9, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Good question. I don't know/remember. I just know it was a really good visit and was thrilled she was there. I also didn't seem surprised to see her, it was almost like she hadn't died in the dream, but the timeframe of the dream was current. Does that make sense?

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good question. I don't know/remember. I just know it was a really good visit and was thrilled she was there. I also didn't seem surprised to see her, it was almost like she hadn't died in the dream, but the timeframe of the dream was current. Does that make sense?

Yes. :)

I'll write it up for you tomorrow. Just getting home. Positive dream, though : )