Dream And Vision Interpretation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Hidden In Him , I'm B-A-C-K! :)

I've had two different (seemingly unrelated) dreams with dead people in them in the last two months. Here's the one from last night:

"Porch visit with Grandmother"
I dreamed my husband's (deceased since 2003) Grandmother Agnes came to visit! We were all outside on the front porch. Our front porch has two different sitting areas. One on the east side of the front door and one on the west side of the front door. Both areas have a chair and a bench or church pew. The pew came from the old Baptist Church we used to attend and closed a long time ago. When we sit on the porch, we usually sit on the non-pew side, 'cause it has a better few of the road, the west side view is blocked by a massive lilac bush.

Back to the dream. In my dream Grandmother Agnes choose to sit on the church pew! Which was fine and we were more than happy to sit on that side with her.

Anyways, she looked as I remembered her when she was living, tiny (ie small statue), frail and elderly. I was thrilled she was there. I also didn't seem surprised to see her, it was almost like she hadn't died in the dream, but the timeframe of the dream was current. We were having a great visit, and eventually she fell asleep on that hard wooden pew. Taking pity on her, I picked her up to bring her inside the house. I couldn't believe how light she was! My daughter opened the front door and I settled Grandma comfortably on the couch in the livingroom. END OF DREAM.

EDIT#1 - I should add, my husband's grandmother was a lovely, God-fearing, gentle lady, very active in the church who lived to 98 years old!
EDIT#2 - We live in her old house. We purchased it from her after she wasn't able to stay living here on her own anymore.

Ok, sister.

A teaching on Hebrews 12 is in order first. Starting in Chapter 11, several characters from scripture are mentioned: Abel, Enoch, Noah, Abraham, Jacob, Sara, Isaac, Moses, Joseph, Rahab, Samson, and David. Then he starts the next Chapter by saying:

1 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, 2 looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. (Hebrews 12:1-2)

Who is the cloud of witnesses here? The same people he mentioned in the previous Chapter, who are now looking down upon him and those he was writing to, watching them run the race with endurance. The analogy is of Christians running in a marathon, which was the premier athletic event of ancient times. The runners all began far away from the city, running 26 miles, until they finally emerged in the stadium before a crowd of spectators who were watching and applauding as they completed their final lap.

We all have our own cloud of witnesses in Heaven. They are our fathers and mothers in the faith, now witnessing our own race and cheering us on. In many cases they can be actual family members, and in your case your Grandmother Agnes is one of them who is watching you and your family, and rooting you on. She was 95, and by your description she ran her race very well, enduring until the end. But this is the reason for her sitting on an old pew you have at the house. It is an appeal to longevity, and remembering those who have gone before you. She seems like she hasn't died in the dream because she hasn't; her "falling asleep" in the dream simply represents that she has gone on to be with the Lord, and she is incredibly light when you carry her because she is now in spirit (not just because she's tiny). You "carrying her" to your living room likely represents her desiring you to "carry" on her legacy; of a woman of God who in your words was "a lovely, God-fearing, gentle lady, very active in the church." In keeping with Hebrews, she was obviously a woman who laid aside the weight of sins and ran her race with endurance until the end.

It's a wonderful dream : )

I have another thread the Spirit is bringing back to my remembrance right now that you might also enjoy. It's along these lines, and I may add this testimony to it if that's alright with you. I didn't get many responses, but I also could add my own as well. My great grandma Grace was the only Christian in my family growing up, and I wouldn't be surprised if it was actually her who prayed me into becoming a Christian, though she passed away a few years before I got saved.

If you would like to read it, Post #3 is the one I was referring to specifically, although the first two posts set the stage.

God bless, and I hope this helps.
- C

Preserving Our Christian Heritage

Reactions: FaithinHim

FaithinHim

Aug 9, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You're right, it is a great dream! Once again, praise God and I thank Him for your gift and I thank you for sharing it.
I will go and read the post you've suggested and yes, you can add this one to it. I will comment over there.

I'm going to pray about sharing my other dream, which involves my deceased father. I thought it might be a calling dream, but I'm not entirely sure.

Reactions: Hidden In Him

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Greetings, everyone, in the wonderful name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

I've recently become a member here at Christianity Board, and was sharing with some other charismatic members here how I move in the gift of dream interpretation. I wanted to open a thread for anyone who believes they might have received a dream or vision sent to them by God, and are curious to know what it means.

To those who dismiss dreams as not worthy of being taken seriously, scripture very clearly proves otherwise. Dreams and visions play very important roles in both the Old and New Testaments. I am humble with my gift, and simply present to people what I feel the proper interpretation is, and leave it at that. Most dreams explain themselves internally, such that I do not need to ask any questions. However, whenever this is not the case, I may ask questions to establish the context behind the symbolism being presented.

Should anyone prefer to send me something in private, please feel free to. That is fine as well.

Blessings in Christ Jesus,
Hidden In Him

Revisiting an old thread. I don’t think I’ve ever shared this dream here, if I have I’m sorry to repeat it. But I’m still thinking about it. It was several years ago but still remember it like it was yesterday. it began with me on something similar to those carts once used on railways...
6072B3C5-65E5-477C-A6C9-07924C586D5C.jpeg
I was alone on it and it wasn’t on a railroad but a road. It dipped through valleys where I felt an overwhelming fear of something perusing me. I became frantic working hard to pick up speed to flee from whatever was after me. I would go up a hill and then slip backwards and had to labor really hard to get over the next hill. The entire time it is the fear of whatever was behind I remember to this day. And the darkness of the entire dream except for the room. the dream changed and I was only aware of doors. I would slam one door to separate myself from what was behind me, and the door didn’t prevent it. Door after door I slammed and every time the door would not hold. But then I came to what felt like the heart of the dream and I knew this door wasn’t like the others and once shut I was in a room so warm and so loving and safe that all fear left. The image or feeling of the safety there was that of a nursing mother. I know that sounds weird. No faces. Only being cradled and knowing I belonged and was accepted there. There were others though and I asked ‘can they stay too. Will you adopt them.’ No voice only knew the answer was an ‘yes. I already have.’

Any input? just a weird dream?

Last edited:

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revisiting an old thread. I don’t think I’ve ever shared this dream here, if I have I’m sorry to repeat it. But I’m still thinking about it. It was several years ago but still remember it like it was yesterday. it began with me on something similar to those carts once used on railways...
View attachment 10441
I was alone on it and it wasn’t on a railroad but a road. It dipped through valleys where I felt an overwhelming fear of something perusing me. I became frantic working hard to pick up speed to flee from whatever was after me. I would go up a hill and then slip backwards and had to labor really hard to get over the next hill. The entire time it is the fear of whatever was behind I remember to this day. And the darkness of the entire dream except for the room. the dream changed and I was only aware of doors. I would slam one door to separate myself from what was behind me, and the door didn’t prevent it. Door after door I slammed and every time the door would not hold. But then I came to what felt like the heart of the dream and I knew this door wasn’t like the others and once shut I was in a room so warm and so loving and safe that all fear left. The image or feeling of the safety there was that of a nursing mother. I know that sounds weird. No faces. Only being cradled and knowing I belonged and was accepted there. There were others though and I asked ‘can they stay too. Will you adopt them.’ No voice only knew the answer was an ‘yes. I already have.’

Any input? just a weird dream?

Hi, Victory.

You have a condition, yes? I forget what it is, but it likely relates to this dream.
It is about the spiritual "road" your life has taken, and where it ends up.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi, Victory.

You have a condition, yes? I forget what it is, but it likely relates to this dream.
It is about the spiritual "road" your life has taken, and where it ends up.

trying to remember which came first the dream or the condition. Guess I asked because it was before I had read about Lazarus comforted in Abraham’s bosom. When I read it, a dream about breast didn’t seem so weird. Maybe my imagination ran wild but in the dream, although I didn’t see any faces, the others were family members and the ‘yes’ was comforting.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
trying to remember which came first the dream or the condition.

Wouldn't matter. Dreams from God are prophetic, so it may have been foreshadowing it to you in advance.
Guess I asked because it was before I had read about Lazarus comforted in Abraham’s bosom.

This is good.

So what is/was your condition again?

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it began with me on something similar to those carts once used on railways...

I was alone on it and it wasn’t on a railroad but a road.

The railway cart represents you "laboring" under your own power in your spiritual journey, and possibly under a condition that makes things more difficult than normal, since for one you are alone, and railway carts work well on rails but not so well on normal roads. The valleys and hills represent highs and lows you go through in life. I'm guessing if your condition involves depression, this would explain why experiencing the highs takes so much laboring on your part.
It dipped through valleys where I felt an overwhelming fear of something perusing me. I became frantic working hard to pick up speed to flee from whatever was after me. I would go up a hill and then slip backwards and had to labor really hard to get over the next hill. The entire time it is the fear of whatever was behind I remember to this day. And the darkness of the entire dream

Your fear here is likely of losing salvation. This is normally what being chased represents in dreams; the enemy trying to chase us down spiritually. It is also confirmed by the darkness throughout the dream.
the dream changed and I was only aware of doors. I would slam one door to separate myself from what was behind me, and the door didn’t prevent it. Door after door I slammed and every time the door would not hold.

The doors represent transitions you make in life, i.e. "closing the door" on things not of God, such as depressions, anxieties, etc. They are clearly transitions from negative influences because you slam those doors behind you. But each time you enter into a new room or "place" in life, your primary fear is still chasing you.
But then I came to what felt like the heart of the dream and I knew this door wasn’t like the others and once shut I was in a room so warm and so loving and safe that all fear left. The image or feeling of the safety there was that of a nursing mother.

Abraham's bosom is indeed what this likely represents. It is said that he greets everyone when they enter Heaven, for "father Abraham" is still considered the father of faith in the family of God. This last door or transition is when you enter Heaven, and feel welcomed. Here there is finally light, and warmth, and rest from your laboring. And as a Gentile, you are adopted into the household of God in Christ, as are many just like you who will have gone before you and will be adopted into His kingdom as well.

It raises some questions, however, that we could discuss in private if you like. I'm not sure you have to labor so hard under your own power. There might be another way to make life easier, although I know how hard it can be to deal with life when suffering depression. I suffer through bouts of it myself, and it's no easy deal to get through sometimes.

It also makes me a little sad that you are on a hand cart alone. They are built for two, and I recall you saying something about your husband doesn't always support you in spiritual things. The implication is that your spiritual journey would be easier if there were two people working your cart, not just one.

Post me in private if you like. I have the time.

And thanks for sharing the dream.
Your friend,
Hidden

Last edited:

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I read your post in response before you took it down, and not to worry. We all have our own battles to face. Only it's always better when you can face them together rather than apart, so just pray that it becomes more of an option down the road.

God bless, and glad that it ministered to you. It definitely has a happy ending : )
- H

FaithinHim

Aug 9, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Hidden In Him, I may have to hire you or take a dream interpretation course. I am dreaming almost every other/every night now, some are very complex. Interestingly, the Spirit does reveal some things to me, but not everything when I pray about them. I'm thankful for you!

Two nights ago I dreamed I was driving along a straight country road with fields on both sides. Ahead I could see a wall made of sandbags built on the shoulder alongside the road. It was fairly big, the width of the sandbags and perhaps 5' tall and 6' long (my numbers, not dream numbers), but seemed dwarfed by the size of the fields around. As I approached I could see the wall was leaning slightly towards the road. I stopped my car and got out thinking this was a safety hazard and and maybe I might be able to fix the wall. Standing there contemplating my next steps (hadn't touched the wall yet), I wondered what it would feel like to have a sandbag wall fall on you. Wouldn't you know, that's exactly when it did! The wall knocked me down, but didn't hurt me. This is when I realized the sandbags were made of a minimum amount of sand (maybe 1 pound of sand?), enough to give them enough weight to be stacked, surrounded by fiberfill - pillow stuffing! As I moved the bags off me and start rebuilding the wall, on one of the bags I spotted a fairly large spider about 1" big. It was black with blue lines circling it's body. I wasn't scared of it, but felt grateful it hadn't bitten me.
END OF DREAM
(That same night, there was a second dream that I can't totally remember other than I saw numbers and letters before my eyes. I only remember the double zeros.)

---------------------
Last night I dreamed we were gifted a 100 lb bag of cottage cheese! We like cottage cheese, but there was no way we'd ever eat that much before it went bad. Hoping to put it in smaller containers to refrigerate it I realized we didn't have enough plastic containers to store it in and we certainly didn't have enough room in the fridge. The dream ended with us phoning people to try and give it away. The only person I remember specifically, was my brother. END OF DREAM

Last edited:
Reactions: Mayflower

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Hidden In Him, I may have to hire you or take a dream interpretation course. I am dreaming almost every other/every night now, some are very complex. Interestingly, the Spirit does reveal some things to me, but not everything when I pray about them. I'm thankful for you!

Two nights ago I dreamed I was driving along a straight country road with fields on both sides. Ahead I could see a wall made of sandbags built on the shoulder alongside the road. It was fairly big, the width of the sandbags and perhaps 5' tall and 6' long (my numbers, not dream numbers), but seemed dwarfed by the size of the fields around. As I approached I could see the wall was leaning slightly towards the road. I stopped my car and got out thinking this was a safety hazard and and maybe I might be able to fix the wall. Standing there contemplating my next steps (hadn't touched the wall yet), I wondered what it would feel like to have a sandbag wall fall on you. Wouldn't you know, that's exactly when it did! The wall knocked me down, but didn't hurt me. This is when I realized the sandbags were made of a minimum amount of sand (maybe 1 pound of sand?), enough to give them enough weight to be stacked, surrounded by fiberfill - pillow stuffing! As I moved the bags off me and start rebuilding the wall, on one of the bags I spotted a fairly large spider about 1" big. It was black with blue lines circling it's body. I wasn't scared of it, but felt grateful it hadn't bitten me.
END OF DREAM
(That same night, there was a second dream that I can't totally remember other than I saw numbers and letters before my eyes. I only remember the double zeros.)

---------------------
Last night I dreamed we were gifted a 100 lb bag of cottage cheese! We like cottage cheese, but there was no way we'd ever eat that much before it went bad. Hoping to put it in smaller containers to refrigerate it I realized we didn't have enough plastic containers to store it in and we certainly didn't have enough room in the fridge. The dream ended with us phoning people to try and give it away. The only person I remember specifically, was my brother. END OF DREAM

Hi sister! I've been meaning to write you personally and apologize for not reposting your dream to that other thread yet. I get caught up in things, but I have a note on my desk to take care of it.

I haven't read this one yet, but I'll try to take a look at it later on.

God bless, and good seeing you again : )
Hidden

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Well it's admirable that you wish to learn. A lot goes into it, however. One of the primary things you need to be a good interpreter is an accurate knowledge of God's word, His teachings, and a good understanding of the symbolism He uses. That in and of itself is a lot to learn, but it is not beyond the reach of any servant of God if they are truly called to it : )

END OF DREAM

---------------------

:)

It sounds like you may have a ministry going.

I'm not 100% positive here, so this is something you should step back and go to God in prayer on, but I will tell you my honest opinion of what I think these dreams mean.

Let's start with the last one. First time I've ever seen cottage cheese in a dream, but in general food represents either spiritual sustenance (through revelation) or emotional strengthening (comfort foods will represents this). Since cottage cheese is not really known as a comfort food it represents a form of the former; that you will be gifted with a great deal of revelation that provides spiritual sustenance, so much so that there will be far more provided than for just you and your immediate family but many others as well, including your brother. This likely refers to the dreams you are having. I didn't mention it, but you said before that you were having dreams like crazy lately. This is often a sign that the Lord intends on using you in it. The fact that you are also expressing interest in learning to interpret is also a good sign, though again, don't get too overconfident about that just yet, LoL. But simply by allowing God to use you in dreams, and getting in the habit of being very meticulous about writing down what you see and hear and experience, you could end up receiving far more that would minster to others than you might expect.

Now, the first one is likely related. Cars nearly always represent ministries, and you driving down a country road represents this. The safety hazard may well be part of your ministry of receiving dreams, because prophetic dreams and visions are most often preventative in some way. In other words, they expose the enemy's strategies, so that the people of God around you are protected from spiritual danger, and what the enemy is planning against them. You "building the wall" would thus represent helping to minister in this area. The wall falling on you is the interesting part. It likely means that the responsibility to rebuild a wall of spiritual protection for those around you may "fall to you," as it were. That you were wondering what it would feel like likely relates to you wondering what it might be like to have such a responsibility (guessing). As it turns out, it's not that "heavy" of a responsibility after all, as the sandbags are largely filled with stuffing. Btw, they do this sort of thing with road hazards. I've never seen it with sand bags, but they will use big plastic tubs that are filled with lightweight foam, so that they can absorb the contact without damaging whatever hits it. They use them on race tracks, and alongside tighter turns on high speed roads. So it's about you rebuilding a wall of spiritual protection for people thorough prophetic dreams, especially other people's ministries (since this wall is built next to a highway, where other cars will be passing). The real problem, however, if there is one, is the spider. This represents a demonic spirit; very common symbol of one. The bite likely represents the enemy attacking you and causing you pain for rebuilding the wall. But the danger isn't actually in the bite, it's in the poison. What this represents spiritually is that Satan can fill you with resentment towards people who attack you, and the enemy can use people to do so that you wouldn't expect, so it can quite literally "hurt." You would have to be prepared for attacks to come through family members, through long time friends, through your spouse, through your pastor even, anyone really. So the dream is warning that if you do start engaging in it more, you will have to be prepared to occasionally get "bitten" as they say, and get the poison out of your system before it starts doing you real spiritual harm.

I guess that's about it. Again, I'm not 100% certain that's what these two are saying, but with nothing else to go on that would be my best guess.

God bless, and thanks again for sharing. And remember, don't get ahead of things even if this rings true to you. Just go to God in prayer. If it is what He is calling you to, either now or down the road, He will reveal it to you with increasing confirmation.

P.S. If you'd like to start a conversation, you may not have enough posts to do so just yet (forum rules), but I can send you one myself if you need me to. Just ask.
Thanks again,
- H

Last edited:

YeshuaFan1

Jul 22, 2020
Macomb Mi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Greetings, everyone, in the wonderful name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

I've recently become a member here at Christianity Board, and was sharing with some other charismatic members here how I move in the gift of dream interpretation. I wanted to open a thread for anyone who believes they might have received a dream or vision sent to them by God, and are curious to know what it means.

To those who dismiss dreams as not worthy of being taken seriously, scripture very clearly proves otherwise. Dreams and visions play very important roles in both the Old and New Testaments. I am humble with my gift, and simply present to people what I feel the proper interpretation is, and leave it at that. Most dreams explain themselves internally, such that I do not need to ask any questions. However, whenever this is not the case, I may ask questions to establish the context behind the symbolism being presented.

Should anyone prefer to send me something in private, please feel free to. That is fine as well.

Blessings in Christ Jesus,
Hidden In Him
Where was that gift listed in the NT?

Reactions: marks

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where was that gift listed in the NT?

Listed as a gift? Nowhere by name. If you are asking about its use, several dreams and visions are referenced in the NT. Their use is also implied in 1 Corinthians 13:8-12, but that would take some time to unpack.

shortangel

Aug 23, 2020
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
in the OT Joseph explained dreams from God about the baker & the king's cupbearer when he was in prison, Daniel was able to explain dreams that the kings of Babylon couldn't understand

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So I thought if I shared dreams online at times, I should post them public. Just because I would like to see what others glean too...different thoughts. I've prayed about this one almost for a week now and a friend of mine from church gave me what she believed it to mean. I agree with her on quite a bit of it... But I'd also like to hear what other believers think too as I learn to sort through what is God and not God. There is wisdom and accountability in a multitude of counselors....that is number two. First and foremost, the final authority is always God's Word. My main thing is I want to learn what God's voice is and learn to trust my own more, because I do allow Holy Spirit to lead me. This has quite the analogy to it for battle though and disturbed me for awhile...

Dream: There was a table with three judges sitting at it. Two looked like the ones from American Idol, Paula and Simon. The other was random. It was a beautiful sunny day/clear skies, and they were sitting outside. I was standing behind them. They were looking inside this rectangular window with no glass, into this bunker sized room with a lot of teenagers. (War bunker) I walked passed their table to the room. The teenagers were fighting/like karate in the dark. But I sensed it was meant for fun. I was behind this one teenage boy, but it was like looking through his eyes. He kicked someone, a shadow of a woman with a bun in her hair. She came towards him, and it was like the head severed off the body. There was a lot of blood. It squirted everywhere. I didn't expect that his kick was meant to destroy people like that, but it did. He kicked two others, and the head severed off the body with a lot of blood like the first one. At the end of the dream, I walked back out into the sunlight away from the teenage boy and the dead teenagers. There were a few still standing in the darkness with the boy. The judges at the table were just watching, like they were sad with what was going on. I was also sad. But the judges just sat watching, and I walked away from the room into the warm sunlight/daytime.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dream: There was a table with three judges sitting at it. Two looked like the ones from American Idol, Paula and Simon. The other was random. It was a beautiful sunny day/clear skies, and they were sitting outside. I was standing behind them. They were looking inside this rectangular window with no glass, into this bunker sized room with a lot of teenagers. (War bunker) I walked passed their table to the room. The teenagers were fighting/like karate in the dark. But I sensed it was meant for fun. I was behind this one teenage boy, but it was like looking through his eyes. He kicked someone, a shadow of a woman with a bun in her hair. She came towards him, and it was like the head severed off the body. There was a lot of blood. It squirted everywhere. I didn't expect that his kick was meant to destroy people like that, but it did. He kicked two others, and the head severed off the body with a lot of blood like the first one. At the end of the dream, I walked back out into the sunlight away from the teenage boy and the dead teenagers. There were a few still standing in the darkness with the boy. The judges at the table were just watching, like they were sad with what was going on. I was also sad. But the judges just sat watching, and I walked away from the room into the warm sunlight/daytime

Like I'm supposed to interpret this in public, LoL.

Yeah, on the second read through I know exactly what this dream is referring to. Exactly. But there's no way I'm putting that in print here.

I can guess, but did you get any sense of what the judges had become sad about? And why were you sad in the dream?

Reactions: Mayflower

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Like I'm supposed to interpret this in public, LoL.

Yeah, on the second read through I know exactly what this dream is referring to. Exactly. But there's no way I'm putting that in print here.

I can guess, but did you get any sense of what the judges had become sad about? And why were you sad in the dream?

The judges looked more annoyed sad I guess. Like they were judging them. I was sad because of the fighting.