Dream Interpretation - Is it New Age?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. Interpretation (as in 'personal or private', or as if by the flesh/man, ) is forbidden.

What is important is what God Reveals, what God Says.
But that is what every person does when they debate what scripture says or means.
Only the Holy Spirit can give us revelation knowledge of it.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Peter 1:15-21 J.B. Phillips New Testament (PHILLIPS)

Truth will bear repetition
12-15 I shall not fail to remind you of things like this although you know them and are already established in the truth. I consider it my duty, as long as I live in the temporary dwelling of this body, to stimulate you by these reminders.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
16-17 We were not following a cleverly written-up story when we told you about the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ—we actually saw his majesty with our own eyes. He received honour and glory from God the Father himself when that voice said to him, out of the sublime glory of Heaven, ‘This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased’.

18-19 We actually heard that voice speaking from Heaven while we were with him on the sacred mountain. The word of prophecy was fulfilled in our hearing! You should give that word your closest attention, for it shines like a lamp amidst all the dirt and darkness of the world, until the day dawns, and the morning star rises in your hearts.

False prophets will flourish, but only for a time
20-21 But you must understand this at the outset, that no prophecy of scripture arose from an individual’s interpretation of the truth. No prophecy came because a man wanted it to: men of God spoke because they were inspired by the Holy Spirit.

J.B. Phillips New Testament (PHILLIPS)
The New Testament in Modern English by J.B Phillips copyright © 1960, 1972 J. B. Phillips. Administered by The Archbishops’ Council of the Church of England. Used by Permission.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
16-17 We were not following a cleverly written-up story when we told you about the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ—we actually saw his majesty with our own eyes. He received honour and glory from God the Father himself when that voice said to him, out of the sublime glory of Heaven, ‘This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased’.

18-19 We actually heard that voice speaking from Heaven while we were with him on the sacred mountain. The word of prophecy was fulfilled in our hearing! You should give that word your closest attention, for it shines like a lamp amidst all the dirt and darkness of the world, until the day dawns, and the morning star rises in your hearts.

False prophets will flourish, but only for a time
20-21 But you must understand this at the outset, that no prophecy of scripture arose from an individual’s interpretation of the truth. No prophecy came because a man wanted it to: men of God spoke because they were inspired by the Holy Spirit.

J.B. Phillips New Testament (PHILLIPS)
The New Testament in Modern English by J.B Phillips copyright © 1960, 1972 J. B. Phillips. Administered by The Archbishops’ Council of the Church of England. Used by Permission.

Joseph, Phillip's "New Testament" was a paraphrase. I would be glad to discuss 2 Peter 1:19-2:3 with you if you like, but not from that disaster. On first glance I'm counting... at least four verses that have been mauled virtually beyond recognition. Verse 19 is an absolute nightmare. He butchers that one so bad it's unintelligible.

A word of friendly advice. If you want proper doctrine, stop reading Phillips. It's not a translation. It's an opinion piece.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Joseph, Phillip's "New Testament" was a paraphrase. I would be glad to discuss 2 Peter 1:19-2:3 with you if you like, but not from that disaster. On first glance I'm counting... at least four verses that have been mauled virtually beyond recognition. Verse 19 is an absolute nightmare. He butchers that one so bad it's unintelligible.

A word of friendly advice. If you want proper doctrine, stop reading Phillips. It's not a translation. It's an opinion piece.
Since Corrie ten Boom was far better living Jesus' Life than anyone known to you apparently,
and
it was her favorite translation, verified perfect with her faithful life and true teachings all of her life,
in 63 countries plus some,

I'll stick with what is proven....

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(if you need help deciphering some of the false teachings opposed to any translation, perhaps in another thread we and others can help you address that ? )

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
how did new age become a boogaboo word? Jesus and the 12 would have definitely been thought of as new age by the mainstream establishment.
Not by modern day new-agers. Not at all.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since Corrie ten Boom was far better living Jesus' Life than anyone known to you apparently,
and
it was her favorite translation, verified perfect with her faithful life and true teachings all of her life,
in 63 countries plus some

Corrie Ten Boom was a great woman of God, but she was not a scholar.

Joseph, no genuine scholar is going to tell you Philip's work on this passage is anything resembling a "translation" of the text, especially v.19, which you seem to be basing your beliefs on.

There are a few on this forum I can invite to this thread if you like. They will tell you the same thing.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
maybe so, lets put it to the test with what Jesus taught, what are some bad fruits of these new age people, do they burn people alive, conquer nations in the name of Jesus, destroy cultures because they are different? is their any home right now that is under threat of new agers at this moment? if so where is this home?
or maybe there are some people that look at Christianity today, compare it to Jesus and the 12 and believe the church has lost its way and they want to go back to its roots. ohh wow! thats exactly what Jesus and the 12 did.
Do you know what modern new age philosophy is?

I'm not sure what it's morphed into now, but this was in the 80's, when I was into this stuff.

There is no "creator god", all are god and all cooperatively create, and manage and maintain creation, because we want to, and it's like a game, a tool, a theater, all this we live in. And if you can see past all the construction and animation into the reality, some are lower and some are higher and some are Ascended. And there is no, according to Thy will O Lord, rather, if you decide that you believe something to be, it is.

Of course there's a lot more to it.

But nothing like Jesus.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm talking about real ones. If there were no genuine translators, you wouldn't have a Bible to read.
"Real" according to WHO?

Is God in charge, or not ?

(of the Bible) (according to God) (i.e. IN Scripture)

WHO is in charge of REVEALING SALVATION (and everything else revealed) (to little children) (and to whom God chooses only, while hiding it all from educated ones ) ? ? (according to the Bible) ?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and
in 63 countries plus some,

That's not really logical you know. Hitler read the Bible. But because Hitler was evil, that doesn't mean the Bible is evil alongside him.

In the same way, Corrie ten Boom seems to have been an admirable woman in every respect, and if she read from Phillips' Bible version, that doesn't mean she would be any less so had she read a different version.

Personally, I find Phillips to be a little interpretive on occassion. I prefer a more literal translation, as I want the English words to translate in such a way as to signify the Greek words they are translating. Which is one of the reasons I like the King James so much.

Of course, in this passage from Peter, Phillips carries the meaning much better than the King James, in my opinion.

Much love!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Real" according to WHO?

Is God in charge, or not ?

(of the Bible) (according to God) (i.e. IN Scripture)

WHO is in charge of REVEALING SALVATION (and everything else revealed) (to little children) (and to whom God chooses only, while hiding it all from educated ones ) ? ? (according to the Bible) ?

LoL. Ok, Joseph. Not a problem with me. But when you eventually start digging into study of the original texts, you will find out the truth of what I was telling you.

God bless,
Hidden

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LoL. Ok, Joseph. Not a problem with me. But when you eventually start digging into study of the original texts, you will find out the truth of what I was telling you.

God bless,
Hidden
God has already revealed about your posts, even from your own errors and your own words..... no loss to me.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the same way, Corrie ten Boom seems to have been an admirable woman in every respect, and if she read from Phillips' Bible version, that doesn't mean she would be any less so had she read a different version.
Note that she did not only read it, it is/was/ her (reportedly) favorite version.

And she was no light-weight in Scripture. Unlike someone else's remarks, in error,

she taught young people Scripture - and her pupils learned and remembered EVERY NAME, EVERY RIVER, every PROPHET, every book of Scripture - EMBARRASSING so-called 'scholars' classes (pastor's class),
because his pupils did not even know the names of people just in Genesis nor who they were.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is Phillips?

upload_2020-4-29_13-56-6.png

Phillips writes "The word of prophecy was fulfilled in our hearing!" Where he writes "was", that is, past tense, something that happened at that time, the text shows present tense, "we are having".

Phillips writes, " . . . prophecy was fulfilled", apparently translating from bebaioteron, which is essentially, stedfast or sure, speaks of the firmness of something.

In Matthew 1:22, now all this was done that it might be fulfilled, "pleroo" is used, to fill up. This word pleroo is used over and over again to describe the fulfilling of the prophecies.

I'm not sure why Phillips seems to go contrary to the text here, I mean, really, I have no idea. It seems to me he's really changing the meaning.

That even that aside, when the King James said "confirmed", I was pretty certain without even looking that word would not be pleroo, because that word is translated pretty consistenly in the King James. I like that a lot about the KJV.

Much love!

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
Do you know what modern new age philosophy is?

I'm not sure what it's morphed into now, but this was in the 80's, when I was into this stuff.

There is no "creator god", all are god and all cooperatively create, and manage and maintain creation, because we want to, and it's like a game, a tool, a theater, all this we live in. And if you can see past all the construction and animation into the reality, some are lower and some are higher and some are Ascended. And there is no, according to Thy will O Lord, rather, if you decide that you believe something to be, it is.

Of course there's a lot more to it.

But nothing like Jesus.

new age just means alternative, different than the mainstream belief, an example would be Jesus and the 12, their ideas were very different than the mainstream Judaism taught in their day.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
new age just means alternative,
I think it's more like . . .

When the moon is in the Seventh House
And Jupiter aligns with Mars
Then peace will guide the planets
And love will steer the stars
This is the dawning of the age of Aquarius
Age of Aquarius
Aquarius
Aquarius

Harmony and understanding
Sympathy and trust abounding
No more falsehoods or derisions
Golden living dreams of visions
Mystic crystal revelation
And the mind's true liberation

Aquarius
Aquarius

This really was kind of the anthem . . . and it is very antichrist.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But that is what every person does when they debate what scripture says or means.
Only the Holy Spirit can give us revelation knowledge of it.
While it true that the revelation comes through the Holy Spirit, people on both sides or even more than two sides will claim to be led by the Holy Spirit. Then alone comes someone like our good friend @Marymog to ask how one is to know which one of them, if any, is right. People will certainly then argue over who has the Holy Spirit leading them and who does not. Who is pleasing God? Who is coming up short?

"The LORD looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, and seek God.
They are all gone aside, they are all together become filthy: there is none that doeth good, no, not one." Psalm 14:2-3

"God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written..." Rom 3:4

"For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;" Rom 3:23

And the winner is...?

"And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner" Luke 18:13

"Who hath ears to hear, let him hear." Matt 13:9

Reactions: Heart2Soul