Dream Interpretation - Is it New Age?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I have been researching dream interpretation after reading posts on another forum's Sign Gifts forum, and what I saw there worried me. I went to the New Testament and could not find anywhere, other than the experience of Joseph, husband of Mary. There was nothing after the Day of Pentecost giving any support for people's dreams being interpreted. What I saw in the dreams that sJoseph got, they were not puzzles, but clear literal guidance about not being afraid to take the pregnant Mary for his wife, getting out of Bethlehem to save the life of the baby Jesus, and another dream telling him not to go back under Herod's son's jurisdiction.

So I did further research and found that the classic work involving it was Sigmund Freud's "The Interpretation of Dreams". I looked it up in Wikipedia and read the description of how Freud wrote about dream interpretation, and what do you know? It is no different to what I saw in the Sign Gifts forum! The interpretations of dreams under Freud where of the same dream puzzles and obscure images that were described in the "Christian" Sign Gift forum.

I also looked up a couple of New Age sites where there were people offering dream interpretations. and there is a psychology website that has a comprehensive list of all the different classifications of dream interpretation that anyone can look up and find one that fits their dream. And the interpretations were identical to the "Christian" interpretations on the Sign Gift thread about the dreams. Absolutely no difference at all!

What does that tell you? I know what it tells me - to keep right away from dream interpretation, avoiding it like the Corona Virus! It has its foundation in New Age occult, and can open up an unwary person to demonic interference in their Christian faith.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
What does that tell you? I know what it tells me - to keep right away from dream interpretation, avoiding it like the Corona Virus! It has its foundation in New Age occult, and can open up an unwary person to demonic interference in their Christian faith.

A basic question. Why does someone want their dream(s) interpreted?
Usually because they want guidance about their life and future.

As you rightly say dream interpretation is an occult practice.

God does speak through dreams etc, but usually at a basic level i.e. investigate Jesus, read the Bible etc.

Reactions: Nancy

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand

God does speak through dreams etc, but usually at a basic level i.e. investigate Jesus, read the Bible etc.
If I get a dream about someone I know, I take it as a signal to pray for them. But I don't try to interpret the dream in any way.

I looked up dream interpretation on Google and there are a number of New Age sites that offer interpretation of dreams. Very risky for a Christ to get involved in that kind of stuff. But I got into trouble on another forum by questioning it in their Sign Gifts forum, which shows that some on that forum are dabbling into New Age, and it seems that it is being tolerated. Sad.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I believe that it is possible for God to speak to us in dreams and visions and sometimes they need interpretation. But like many things in God's world the devil can provide counterfeits. Therefore prayer and discernment is necessary.

The book of Revelation is a vision. Was it an awake vision or a dream vision?
It certainly needs a lot of interpretation.

There are numerous examples in the OT of God speaking to people in dreams.

There are also other examples in the NT

The wise men in Mt 2:12
And being warned in a dream not to return to Herod, they departed to their own country by another way.

Herod's wife in Mt 27:19
Besides, while he was sitting on the judgment seat, his wife sent word to him, “Have nothing to do with that righteous man, for I have suffered much over him today in a dream.”

Then Paul in Acts 16:9
And a vision appeared to Paul in the night "And a vision appeared to Paul in the night: a man of Macedo′nia was standing beseeching him and saying, “Come over to Macedonia and help us.” As As it was at night it probably was a dream.

And what about Acts 2:17
‘And in the last days it shall be, God declares, that I will pour out my Spirit upon all flesh, and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams;

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I believe that it is possible for God to speak to us in dreams and visions and sometimes they need interpretation. But like many things in God's world the devil can provide counterfeits. Therefore prayer and discernment is necessary.

The book of Revelation is a vision. Was it an awake vision or a dream vision?
It certainly needs a lot of interpretation.

There are numerous examples in the OT of God speaking to people in dreams.

There are also other examples in the NT

The wise men in Mt 2:12
And being warned in a dream not to return to Herod, they departed to their own country by another way.

Herod's wife in Mt 27:19
Besides, while he was sitting on the judgment seat, his wife sent word to him, “Have nothing to do with that righteous man, for I have suffered much over him today in a dream.”

Then Paul in Acts 16:9
And a vision appeared to Paul in the night "And a vision appeared to Paul in the night: a man of Macedo′nia was standing beseeching him and saying, “Come over to Macedonia and help us.” As As it was at night it probably was a dream.

And what about Acts 2:17
‘And in the last days it shall be, God declares, that I will pour out my Spirit upon all flesh, and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams;
Probably a senior moment where I forgot that I had already posted this. However, my answer is the same. Interpretation of random puzzle images comes from Sigmund Freud and other New Age interpreters of dreams, and is divination.

Reactions: marks and Nancy

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Probably a senior moment where I forgot that I had already posted this. However, my answer is the same. Interpretation of random puzzle images comes from Sigmund Freud and other New Age interpreters of dreams, and is divination.

I understand your hesitation on this subject because there always seems to be a counterfeit in the world. Coming from a Pentecostal background, interpretation of dreams is not a common practice in a church environment but it does exist. Most times, the dreamer usually has an idea about the meaning of that dream anyway but is not able to put the pieces together in a uniform way. When interpreted, the dreamer knows in his heart whether what was unraveled, is true or not. They will receive it or they will reject it

An indication of whether something is from the Lord or not can be found in his word. An example is when a prophet prophecies about a situation and if that prophecy does not come to pass, it is not from the Lord. Deuteronomy 18:21-22. Interpretation of dreams is very similar in it's application.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Perhaps you also had a senior moment when you failed to actually address the points I raised in the post and just re-iterated your opinions.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What I saw in the dreams that Joseph got, they were not puzzles, but clear literal guidance... What does that tell you? I know what it tells me - to keep right away from dream interpretation, avoiding it like the Corona Virus! It has its foundation in New Age occult, and can open up an unwary person to demonic interference in their Christian faith.
Interpretation of random puzzle images comes from Sigmund Freud and other New Age interpreters of dreams, and is divination.

Paul, it has been said that when Christians interpret passages in the flesh, they frequently end up teaching the exact opposite of what the scripture actually teaches. Such is unfortunately the case here.

Let me explain this to you.

In 1st Corinthians 13, Paul stated the following: "For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when that which is perfect comes, that which is in part will be set aside... for now we see through a glass darkly (as in "an enigma"), but then we will see face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know even as I have been known" (1 Corinthians 13:8-10, 12).

Paul was here making use of Numbers 12, where it states, "Then the Lord came down in a pillar of cloud. He stood at the entrance to the tent, and summoned Aaron and Miriam. When the two of them stepped forward, He said, 'Listen to My words. When there is a prophet among you, I the Lord reveal Myself to him in visions. I speak to him in dreams. But this is not true of My servant Moses. He is faithful in all My house. With him I speak face to face clearly, and not in enigmas. He sees the [very] form of the Lord. Why, then, were you not afraid to speak against My servant Moses?” (Numbers 12:5-8 ).

Paul used these exact same expressions to make the same comparison; of God speaking "face to face" (πρόσωπον πρὸς πρόσωπον) verses Him speaking to His prophets "in enigmas" (ἐν αἰνίγματι). An enigma is what a prophetic dream or vision is like, Paul. It is a riddle, which is why some translations read, "For now we see through a glass in obscurity (or in riddles)." Throughout ancient Greek, the word αίνιγμα is almost invariably translated into English as "dark sayings, riddles," hence the translations, "seeing through a glass darkly." In ancient times, glass was not nearly as refined as it is now. You could see through it a little, but the image was often very blurry and "dark," thus it took perception to discern what you were actually looking at through it. This parallels what it is like to interpret prophetic dreams and visions. They are like riddles, and take spiritual discernment to make out.

This is what the New Testament Christians were doing because Paul specifically used the words, "For now WE see through a glass darkly (present tense)." He was saying that when they got to Heaven, they would see God face to face just like Moses did. But at the present time they were still seeing through a glass darkly, or literally "in enigmas." It means that the New Testament prophets were still operating in prophecy by interpreting prophetic dreams and visions just like the Old Testament prophets did.

The surrounding context of 1st Corinthians all the more bears this out. In 1 Corinthians 12:31, Paul was urging them to seek the greater gifts, but then began showing them a better way to operate in them; in love for others. Our love for our brothers and sisters in Christ will remain even when we are finally in Heaven, when prophecy is no longer needed. But then he adds this, "[So] pursue love, and be zealous for spiritual gifts, but rather that you may prophecy, for the one speaking in a tongues speaks not to men but to God... but the one prophesying speaks unto men for edification" (1 Corinthians 14:1-3). In other words, pray that God gives you the ability to prophecy so you can be of more benefit to others, and minister to them more in love.

Thus, Chapters 12 through 14 deal with the issue of operating in tongues and prophecy, and point out how prophecy is superior, being the greater gift, because it brings greater edification to the saints. But until we get to Heaven, Biblical prophecy has always been and will always be a practice that involves interpreting dreams and visions, because we still presently "see through a glass darkly," i.e. in enigmas; in riddles.

Last edited:

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul, it has been said that when Christians interpret passages in the flesh, they frequently end up teaching the exact opposite of what the scripture actually teaches. Such is unfortunately the case here.

In 1st Corinthians 13, Paul stated the following: "For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when that which is perfect comes, that which is in part will be set aside... for now we see through a glass darkly (as in "an enigma"), but then we will see face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know even as I have been known" (1 Corinthians 13:8-10, 12).

Paul was here making use of Numbers 12, where it states, "Then the Lord came down in a pillar of cloud. He stood at the entrance to the tent, and summoned Aaron and Miriam. When the two of them stepped forward, He said, 'Listen to My words. When there is a prophet among you, I the Lord reveal Myself to him in visions. I speak to him in dreams. But this is not true of My servant Moses. He is faithful in all My house. With him I speak face to face clearly, and not in enigmas. He sees the [very] form of the Lord. Why, then, were you not afraid to speak against My servant Moses?” (Numbers 12:5-8 ).

Paul used these exact same expressions to make the same comparison; of God speaking "face to face" (πρόσωπον πρὸς πρόσωπον) verses Him speaking to His prophets "in enigmas" (ἐν αἰνίγματι). An enigma is what a prophetic dream or vision is like, Paul. It is a riddle, which is why some translations read, "For now we see through a glass in obscurity (or in riddles)." Throughout ancient Greek, the word αίνιγμα is almost invariably translated into English as "dark sayings, riddles," hence the translations, "seeing through a glass darkly." In ancient times, glass was not nearly as refined as it is now. You could see through it a little, but the image was often very blurry and "dark," thus it took perception to discern what you were actually looking at through it. This parallels what it is like to interpret prophetic dreams and visions. They are like riddles, and take spiritual discernment to make out.

This is what the New Testament Christians were doing because Paul specifically used the words, "For now WE see through a glass darkly (present tense)." He was saying that when they got to Heaven, they would see God face to face just like Moses did. But at the present time they were still seeing through a glass darkly, or literally "in enigmas." It means that the New Testament prophets were still operating in prophecy by interpreting prophetic dreams and visions just like the Old Testament prophets did.

The surrounding context of 1st Corinthians all the more bears this out. In 1 Corinthians 12:31, Paul was urging them to seek the greater gifts, but then began showing them a better way to operate in them; in love for others. Our love for our brothers and sisters in Christ will remain even when we are finally in Heaven, when prophecy is no longer needed. But then he adds this, "[So] pursue love, and be zealous for spiritual gifts, but rather that you may prophecy, for the one speaking in a tongues speaks not to men but to God... but the one prophesying speaks unto men for edification" (1 Corinthians 14:1-3). In other words, pray that God gives you the ability to prophecy so you can be of more benefit to others, and minister to them more in love.

Thus, Chapters 12 through 14 deal with the issue of operating in tongues and prophecy, and point out how prophecy is superior, being the greater gift, because it brings greater edification to the saints. But until we get to Heaven, Biblical prophecy has always been and will always be a practice that involves interpreting dreams and visions, because we still presently "see through a glass darkly," i.e. in enigmas; in riddles.

Wow. I never understood what that meant. Thanks for breaking that down... *back to lurking*

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I understand your hesitation on this subject because there always seems to be a counterfeit in the world. Coming from a Pentecostal background, interpretation of dreams is not a common practice in a church environment but it does exist. Most times, the dreamer usually has an idea about the meaning of that dream anyway but is not able to put the pieces together in a uniform way. When interpreted, the dreamer knows in his heart whether what was unraveled, is true or not. They will receive it or they will reject it

An indication of whether something is from the Lord or not can be found in his word. An example is when a prophet prophecies about a situation and if that prophecy does not come to pass, it is not from the Lord. Deuteronomy 18:21-22. Interpretation of dreams is very similar in it's application.
I agree with you except "if it doesn't come to pass"....this can be tricky. There are prophesies in the Bible that still haven't come to pass...so in the eyes of the people that lived in that period would they deem them false because it didn't happen in their lifetime? .....We consider prophets of the OT true prophets even though there are prophesies yet to happen. So I think our best defense is to test it...pray...confirm it with another witness....
Any other ways?

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I understand that. One of the faults of the Charismatic movement is that they view everything supernatural as coming from the Lord. I think that this is because many believe that the Holy Spirit is still revealing things that might have been "left out" in the written Scriptures, or revealing in a way that the Scriptures didn't. Also, there is a tending toward experiences as a confirmation that something is from the Lord, and people talk of the born again "experience", the "experience" of being baptised with the Spirit, etc. I am not saying that this is always wrong, but when the written Word is not used as the moderating test for something supernatural or an "experience", there is cause for concern.

What comes to mind is when Jesus told His disciples, "One of you is going to betray me", they all went into a bit of a panic and each of them said, "Lord, is it me?" This is what happens to people today, when a warning is given that something supernatural or an experience that is happening might be a counterfeit. They get a twinge of foreboding in their tummy and think, "Is my experience a counterfeit?" Their reaction can go two ways: they can be like the Bereans who searched the Scriptures to see if "these things be so"; or they react against the warning and discredit the person giving it, like Ahab did to Michaiah when he threw him in prison to deal with him after Ahab came back from the battle. The trouble for Ahab was that Michaiah's warning was true, and Ahab came to a sticky end because he didn't receive it.

When I get have a dream about someone I know, I take that as a signal that I should pray for them. I have one of those every now and again and although the content of the dream is a puzzle (although seems very logical while I'm dreaming it, but loses it logic when I wake up and say to the Lord, "That was a crazy one!"

I have had some interesting ones though. My home in Auckland was a two storey town house and my bedroom was upstairs. I dreamed one night that I got out of bed, got to the top of the stairs and saw a dark entity coming up toward me. I rebuked it loudly in the name of Jesus! And then I woke up back in my bed. What I learned was that I can speak in tongues and rebuke the devil while dreaming. Another dream I had was that I was in bed looking through my bedroom door, and I thought, "That's strange, I must be dreaming", and I woke up, and thought, "I think I'm still dreaming here", then I woke up for real! That was a dream within a dream, and I knew I was dreaming. I have had other dreams when I was preaching in church and my congregation walked out on me. Was the Lord giving me a message there? :)

One recurring dream, which is quite unsettling while I'm dreaming it is that I am in my car and can't see where I'm going, and sometimes going backwards, or down a hill and the brakes won't work. Another dream was that I parked my car and couldn't find it again. Still another one was a flash back to my school teaching days where I would go to class and couldn't find the room where I was to teach, and went looking for the timetable where all the rooms were listed.

I have had dreams about my late father, wanting to say all the things I never said to him when he was alive. I guess that is part of the residual grieving process, because his death in 1982 left a big hole in my life at the time.

I have never thought that those dreams were messages from the Lord, and have never tried to interpret them as such, and have put them down to my crazy imagination from watching too many Saturday movies at the Bughouse (His Majesty's Theatre) when I was a kid.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Paul, and here is the problem as well, Cessationists use scripture as their basis for refuting the gifts for today...so they are using scripture but they aren't rightly dividing the truth....I ask myself when I read on here that those gifts are not for today, who told you that? was it the Bible? or was it man's interpretation of the Bible.....and the latter is always the case.....and if someone was to ever tell me that the Holy Spirit told them I would say get behind me you lying spirit.....because the Holy Spirit is the power behind the gifts....so it is Him manifesting His power through us not us manifesting His gifts.

Reactions: amadeus

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand

A very informative post, which gives an interesting insight into it.

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Hi Paul, and here is the problem as well, Cessationists use scripture as their basis for refuting the gifts for today...so they are using scripture but they aren't rightly dividing the truth....I ask myself when I read on here that those gifts are not for today, who told you that? was it the Bible? or was it man's interpretation of the Bible.....and the latter is always the case.....and if someone was to ever tell me that the Holy Spirit told them I would say get behind me you lying spirit.....because the Holy Spirit is the power behind the gifts....so it is Him manifesting His power through us not us manifesting His gifts.
I think that Cessationists TRY to use the Scripture to bolster their claims. But they use just a phrase in 1 Corinthians 13 which, in context, clearly talks about tongues and prophecy ceasing when Jesus comes again, because at present we see through a glass darkly, but then face to face. So when we are fellowshiping with the Lord face to face in glory, we won't need tongues or prophecy.

So, when the power of the Holy Spirit works through us in the manifestation of His gifts, then that has a dynamic affect on those who need Christ. The whole mission of the Holy Spirit in us is to equip us to be able to make disciples for Christ - to pull unsaved people off the broad road to hell and show them the way to the narrow gate of Christ. We need the power of the Holy Spirit and his "tools of trade" (gifts) to accomplish that. That is why our enemy has given the Cessationist lie to gut Christian believers of the power they need to win souls for Christ.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It can be....satan always creates a counterfeit and how sad that more people are drawn to the counterfeit from Satan than to the one of God.
Have you ever asked God why he talks to us through dreams and visions? Or uses prophesy to speak?

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I understand that. One of the faults of the Charismatic movement is that they view everything supernatural as coming from the Lord. I think that this is because many believe that the Holy Spirit is still revealing things that might have been "left out" in the written Scriptures, or revealing in a way that the Scriptures didn't. Also, there is a tending toward experiences as a confirmation that something is from the Lord, and people talk of the born again "experience", the "experience" of being baptised with the Spirit, etc. I am not saying that this is always wrong, but when the written Word is not used as the moderating test for something supernatural or an "experience", there is cause for concern.

What comes to mind is when Jesus told His disciples, "One of you is going to betray me", they all went into a bit of a panic and each of them said, "Lord, is it me?" This is what happens to people today, when a warning is given that something supernatural or an experience that is happening might be a counterfeit. They get a twinge of foreboding in their tummy and think, "Is my experience a counterfeit?" Their reaction can go two ways: they can be like the Bereans who searched the Scriptures to see if "these things be so"; or they react against the warning and discredit the person giving it, like Ahab did to Michaiah when he threw him in prison to deal with him after Ahab came back from the battle. The trouble for Ahab was that Michaiah's warning was true, and Ahab came to a sticky end because he didn't receive it.

When I get have a dream about someone I know, I take that as a signal that I should pray for them. I have one of those every now and again and although the content of the dream is a puzzle (although seems very logical while I'm dreaming it, but loses it logic when I wake up and say to the Lord, "That was a crazy one!"
I have had some interesting ones though. My home in Auckland was a two storey town house and my bedroom was upstairs. I dreamed one night that I got out of bed, got to the top of the stairs and saw a dark entity coming up toward me. I rebuked it loudly in the name of Jesus! And then I woke up back in my bed. What I learned was that I can speak in tongues and rebuke the devil while dreaming. Another dream I had was that I was in bed looking through my bedroom door, and I thought, "That's strange, I must be dreaming", and I woke up, and thought, "I think I'm still dreaming here", then I woke up for real! That was a dream within a dream, and I knew I was dreaming. I have had other dreams when I was preaching in church and my congregation walked out on me. Was the Lord giving me a message there? :)

One recurring dream, which is quite unsettling while I'm dreaming it is that I am in my car and can't see where I'm going, and sometimes going backwards, or down a hill and the brakes won't work. Another dream was that I parked my car and couldn't find it again. Still another one was a flash back to my school teaching days where I would go to class and couldn't find the room where I was to teach, and went looking for the timetable where all the rooms were listed.

I have had dreams about my late father, wanting to say all the things I never said to him when he was alive. I guess that is part of the residual grieving process, because his death in 1982 left a big hole in my life at the time.

I have never thought that those dreams were messages from the Lord, and have never tried to interpret them as such, and have put them down to my crazy imagination from watching too many Saturday movies at the Bughouse (His Majesty's Theatre) when I was a kid.

Granted. Fortunately we also have the Holy Spirit who will give caution when something does not sit right in our spirit. There have been times when that has happened to me and he will give me a word from the bible that will strengthen that caution. I do believe that God reveals things that are hidden in scripture. Some of those revelations are known to some and known to many but not necessarily know to me or you perhaps. Not yet anyway.

Sometimes, he just cautions me for example: I was with a group of my friends and they wanted to go for a drive and one girl asked if I would like to come. Looking at her, I felt a prompting in my spirit and I told her that I will not come and suggested that she did not go either because they were going to have an accident. She passed it off and went. She came back a few hours later with her eyes widened, telling me that their car veered off the road around a bend and that they flipped a number of times. Can't remember what happened to her friends but she was okay, just very shaken.

The first time I ever encountered the Lord in a supernatural way was as a child. I did not know the bible and my family were not believers.
That is how I knew that the Lord is real. and he does exist.

I have a good friend who has dreams and visions often and he always asks me to interpret those dreams. I continually tell him that I cannot interpret dreams but he still asks anyway. I have found when he gives me the dream, we talk about it I will get revelation through God reminding me of a specific situation which happened in the bible. This usually kick starts something in him and he works it all out for himself...

I have had a few dreams and also visions but not as often as I did in the past. Here is a particular one that is a combination of dreams/visions and prayer.

The Lord would wake me up sometimes to pray for people. One time he woke me in the middle of the night while I was dreaming and I saw a vision when I awoke. He took me to an area where I was hovering above a house made of stone. This place was foreign to me and he gave me a sense of it's name "Inverness." The roof was transparent because I could see what was happening inside this home.

There was a gathering of people and I could see what they were wearing but could not make out their faces very clearly. They were in deep agonizing prayer over something. Some were walking around praying and all were fervently asking God for a breakthrough. As I watched them, I felt deeply moved and asked the Lord to divinely intervene on their situation according to his will and grant them the petition of their heart. Suddenly I found myself back in bed again. I was intrigued by the name because it was not familiar to me so I looked it up on a map and found it to be a city in Scotland. I noted this vision down and basically forgot about it.

A few years later, a new Pastor took over one of the Pentecostal Churches in my area. I was not a member of that particular Church but some friends of mine were, so I got to meet the new Pastor. There seemed to be an instant rapport between us but I was unsure why. After getting to know him and his family a little better, I found that he had once held a very high position while working in Scotland. One time, certain unsavory factions tried to destroy his credibility due to his position and investigation of them. In retaliation, they began to discredit him by setting him up. At this time he and his family lived in the city of Inverness and his Christian friends would gather in a little house [made of stone] to pray about the situation. He was exonerated from all accusations held against him and although proven innocent, he felt that the damage had already been done. He eventually left and came to my country and is still Pastoring in that Church, in my little town today.

Blessings!

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Granted. Fortunately we also have the Holy Spirit who will give caution when something does not sit right in our spirit. There have been times when that has happened to me and he will give me a word from the bible that will strengthen that caution. I do believe that God reveals things that are hidden in scripture. Some of those revelations are known to some and known to many but not necessarily know to me or you perhaps. Not yet anyway.

Sometimes, he just cautions me for example: I was with a group of my friends and they wanted to go for a drive and one girl asked if I would like to come. Looking at her, I felt a prompting in my spirit and I told her that I will not come and suggested that she did not go either because they were going to have an accident. She passed it off and went. She came back a few hours later with her eyes widened, telling me that their car veered off the road around a bend and that they flipped a number of times. Can't remember what happened to her friends but she was okay, just very shaken.

The first time I ever encountered the Lord in a supernatural way was as a child. I did not know the bible and my family were not believers.
That is how I knew that the Lord is real. and he does exist.

I have a good friend who has dreams and visions often and he always asks me to interpret those dreams. I continually tell him that I cannot interpret dreams but he still asks anyway. I have found when he gives me the dream, we talk about it I will get revelation through God reminding me of a specific situation which happened in the bible. This usually kick starts something in him and he works it all out for himself...

I have had a few dreams and also visions but not as often as I did in the past. Here is a particular one that is a combination of dreams/visions and prayer.

The Lord would wake me up sometimes to pray for people. One time he woke me in the middle of the night while I was dreaming and I saw a vision when I awoke. He took me to an area where I was hovering above a house made of stone. This place was foreign to me and he gave me a sense of it's name "Inverness." The roof was transparent because I could see what was happening inside this home.

There was a gathering of people and I could see what they were wearing but could not make out their faces very clearly. They were in deep agonizing prayer over something. Some were walking around praying and all were fervently asking God for a breakthrough. As I watched them, I felt deeply moved and asked the Lord to divinely intervene on their situation according to his will and grant them the petition of their heart. Suddenly I found myself back in bed again. I was intrigued by the name because it was not familiar to me so I looked it up on a map and found it to be a city in Scotland. I noted this vision down and basically forgot about it.

A few years later, a new Pastor took over one of the Pentecostal Churches in my area. I was not a member of that particular Church but some friends of mine were, so I got to meet the new Pastor. There seemed to be an instant rapport between us but I was unsure why. After getting to know him and his family a little better, I found that he had once held a very high position while working in Scotland. One time, certain unsavory factions tried to destroy his credibility due to his position and investigation of them. In retaliation, they began to discredit him by setting him up. At this time he and his family lived in the city of Inverness and his Christian friends would gather in a little house [made of stone] to pray about the situation. He was exonerated from all accusations held against him and although proven innocent, he felt that the damage had already been done. He eventually left and came to my country and is still Pastoring in that Church, in my little town today.

Blessings!
Those events are remarkable, and it really does show that God works in wonderful ways. What a confirmation about the pastor in Inverness! Who would know what was going on there unless the Holy Spirit told you in your dream? And the warning you gave to your friend, and the warning was true!

I once woke up with a particular reference from Psalms in my mind, and it wouldn't go away. I had to turn on my light to see what the reference was. I was amazed when I read it, because it was direct answer to an issue that I was encountering.

I have a regular experience which amazes me every time. I talk to the Lord about things, and when I have a question and ask Him, the exact Scripture verse comes to mind that totally answers it, and it might be a verse of Scripture that I haven't thought of for years! Sometimes I have to say to the Lord, "Wow!!"

Reactions: amadeus

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Those events are remarkable, and it really does show that God works in wonderful ways. What a confirmation about the pastor in Inverness! Who would know what was going on there unless the Holy Spirit told you in your dream? And the warning you gave to your friend, and the warning was true!

I once woke up with a particular reference from Psalms in my mind, and it wouldn't go away. I had to turn on my light to see what the reference was. I was amazed when I read it, because it was direct answer to an issue that I was encountering.

I have a regular experience which amazes me every time. I talk to the Lord about things, and when I have a question and ask Him, the exact Scripture verse comes to mind that totally answers it, and it might be a verse of Scripture that I haven't thought of for years! Sometimes I have to say to the Lord, "Wow!!"

Absolutely! Wow! and Awesomeness! xox BTW: I did not tell the Pastor anything about my dream/vision. It would have freaked him out!

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Absolutely! Wow! and Awesomeness! xox BTW: I did not tell the Pastor anything about my dream/vision. It would have freaked him out!
Before I got banned, I read in the Sign Gifts forum on CF about a member who had a dream that his church was going to implode. He tried to tell his pastor about it, but the pastor wouldn't listen, so he left the church and a short time later the church did, in fact, implode! So, as you have experienced, there are true dreams that do come from the Holy Spirit!

Reactions: marks and amadeus