Drinking Alcohol, should a Christian do it?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And the drink offering thereof shall be the fourth part of an hin for the one lamb: in the holy place shalt thou cause the strong wine to be poured unto the LORD for a drink offering. Numbers 28:7

Dan Clarkston

Dec 16, 2023
Denver Colorado
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And the drink offering thereof shall be the fourth part of an hin for the one lamb: in the holy place shalt thou cause the strong wine to be poured unto the LORD for a drink offering. Numbers 28:7

Those rejecting the new testament and seek to live under the old testament have the tendency to use old testament scriptures to validate drinking the booze getting drunk. Bottoms up!

If you look a little harder you can validate all forms of intoxication using old testament scriptures which are not applicable to born again believers in the new testament.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those rejecting the new testament and seek to live under the old testament have the tendency to use old testament scriptures to validate drinking the booze getting drunk. Bottoms up!

If you look a little harder you can validate all forms of intoxication using old testament scriptures which are not applicable to born again believers in the new testament.
Just an example.

You could almost call Judaism and Christianity a drinking religion. When a drinking culture tells you not to be drunk or be a drunkard, it means something different than what most people understand.

Christ drank and drank with others.
Drinking wine was part of a very important Christian ritual.
One of Christ miracles was changing water into fine wine.
Christ used vineyards in his parables.
Paul told Timothy to drink wine on his travels for a very good reason…As you traveled back then each well had it own flora animal decaying in it….bird dropping….bugs….etc. Mixing water with wine helped neutralize the contaminates in the water.
Christianity built several symbologies from the wine, the grapes, the grapevines etc.
If I said that Christ embraced all aspects of the vineyards and wine it would be hard to disprove, because He used vineyards and wine to explain the meanings of Christianity and used wine as a center piece to propose the New Covenant.
Once actual Christian churches started to appear they had vineyards and winepress on the property and clergy skilled with the art of viticulture.
The belief that people back then were drinking grape juice is in error, unless they were drinking it from the press….and all presses were called winepresses and grape juice does not last in the summer….Try it....let grape juice sit in the heat for a couple days and drink it....and see what it does to you....it will remove all doubt that grape juice was a common drink. No refrigeration AHHH!

Last edited:
Reactions: Adrift

Dan Clarkston

Dec 16, 2023
Denver Colorado
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is that all ya got.....Loser!!!

You shouldn't be so hard on your self.

If you get serious with your walk with the Lord you won't have to keep being such a loser.

But, you're going to have to stop drinking the booze, otherwise you will always be a loser boozer

Adrift

Apr 1, 2024
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only the fake Christians drink the booze.

I don't follow judaism, so I don't really care what they do.
Only fake Christians drink booze? Wow. That infers that most Christians are fake. You cannot add your wants to scripture. You remind me of one of those misfits that breaks off from reality, finds a bunch of similar pseudo-Christians, then start a church that preaches what you think is truth. Like the Catholics, if something that they want isn't in the scriptures, they write our own. You have an abnormal obsession with drinking where you label anyone who drinks a drunkard. Christ drank wine. Christians are allowed to drink wine. Deal with it. Your wishes will not change that.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Well I've just enjoyed a very nice glass of Sauvignon Blanc. So obviously I think it's okay. But obviously not if you have an addictive nature.

Dan Clarkston

Dec 16, 2023
Denver Colorado
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That infers that most Christians are fake.

Well, God's Word does in fact teach that in the end times many will fall way.

Well I've just enjoyed a very nice glass of Sauvignon Blanc.

May as well fire up a doobie while your at it, same difference.

so the bottom line is, you cannot and will not accept those who drink alcohol as brothers and sisters in Christ.

I won't associate with them in my personal life, no.

Over the years I've met quite a few "christians" that like to drink booze and some did not appear to be getting drunk but were what the world calls "social drinkers". They've all come from churches that teach false doctrine.

Everyone I've ever met like this also engages in other forms of sinful behavior because they don't walk with the Lord. People like this claim to be Christians but they just know about the Lord rather than actually knowing the Lord and living for Him so they cannot be trusted or taken seriously as Christians since they are yet carnal.

Just like Jesus taught, the tares grow up among the wheat.

Love to stir the pot, eh?

No more than you do.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, God's Word does in fact teach that in the end times many will fall way.

May as well fire up a doobie while your at it.

I won't associate with them in my personal life, no.

Over the years I've met quite a few "christians" that like to drink booze and some did not appear to be getting drunk but were what the world calls "social drinkers". They've all come from churches that teach false doctrine.

Everyone I've ever met like this also engages in other forms of sinful behavior because they don't walk with the Lord. People like this claim to be Christians but they just know about the Lord rather than actually knowing the Lord and living for Him so they cannot be trusted or taken seriously as Christians since they are yet carnal.

Just like Jesus taught, the tares grow up among the wheat.

But what you are saying is not biblical. The religion that you believe is only between your ears. It is absolutely not of God.

People like you can turn people away from Christianity with false beliefs and their soul are lost…..And they will go to Judgment Day with a smile on their face thinking that Christ is not going to hold them accountable for the lost souls….LOL….But Christ I obeyed all the false man-made sins!!! And He will say, you might want of considered what I said.

Dan Clarkston

Dec 16, 2023
Denver Colorado
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But what you are saying is not biblical.

Keep telling yourself that so you can keep yourself convinced.

People like you can turn people away from Christianity

People like you apparently tell unbelievers they can keep doing their sin and still be saved.

That's the blind leading the blind and both fall in the ditch.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Keep telling yourself that so you can keep yourself convinced.

People like you apparently tell unbelievers they can keep doing their sin and still be saved.

That's the blind leading the blind and both fall in the ditch.

Do you think you look good in the eyes of men?

Because you know what you believe is not in the Word of God.

Or are you playing god. Putting words in God’s mouth.

What do you think the penalty for that is?

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Love to stir the pot, eh?

All right, so the bottom line is, you cannot and will not accept those who drink alcohol as brothers and sisters in Christ.
He obviously belongs to that cult that bans members from having alcohol and maybe caffeine too. Oh and don't forget cigarettes. They teach some rubbish and hold their members by fear. If Christ sets us free we are free indeed to take a glass of wine or beer now and then.

Reactions: Adrift

Dan Clarkston

Dec 16, 2023
Denver Colorado
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He obviously belongs to that cult that bans members from having alcohol and maybe caffeine too. Oh and don't forget cigarettes. They teach some rubbish and hold their members by fear. If Christ sets us free we are free indeed to take a glass of wine or beer now and then.

Lots of people claiming to be Christians are willing to defile the body, not understanding it's supposed to be the temple of the Holy Spirit. They lack knowledge and understanding so they drink the booze, smoke the cigarettes, smoke the weed, abuse drugs, etc.

Real Christians are knowledgeable that they have been bought with a price and they are not their own so they understand that they are called to glorify God in their bodies and the Holy Spirit does not led anybody to defile the temple of the Holy Spirit.

It's a matter of honoring the Lord, verses not honoring the Lord.

In the end they'll learn the hard way that they were the one believing the rubbish. They have no excuse before the Lord.