Drinking Blood

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

lesjude

May 8, 2012
Central New York State
The drinking of blood was prohibited in both the OT Genesis 9:4 and the NT
Acts 15:20 and 29. Catholics claim they drink the blood of Christ at
every "communion". The Bible calls that SIN!
The Bible says this:

Hebrews 9:25
New King James Version (NKJV)

25 not that He should offer Himself often, as the high priest enters the Most Holy Place every year with blood of another—

28 so Christ was offered once to bear the sins of many. To those who eagerly
wait for Him He will appear a second time, apart from sin, for
salvation.

There is no scripture that states the RCC "priests"
have any special power to change wine to the blood of Jesus and the wafer
to His body. The "ceremony" however invites demonic entities in.

The RCC ceremony of "communion" releases demons that keep even
sincere RCC communicants in bondage to commit sin. It becomes a
revolving door of confession to a priest, penance, "communion", more
sin, then repeat. This bondage gives the power of control to the RCC
priest and money in RCC coffers.

Dan57

Sep 25, 2012
Illinois
Faith
Country
United States
The wine is symbolic of the blood of Christ, and the bread his body. No one literally drinks blood, it is simply representative of the new covenant, and is done in remembrance that Christians are washed from sin by his sacrifice. (Mark14:22-24)

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
Dan57 said:
The wine is symbolic of the blood of Christ, and the bread his body. No one literally drinks blood, it is simply representative of the new covenant, and is done in remembrance that Christians are washed from sin by his sacrifice. (Mark14:22-24)
-- Catholics from the Pope on down would disagree with you.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
What about these verses .....

Mark 14:24 ..... (Jesus said) This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many,”

John 6:53 ...... Jesus said to them, “I tell you the truth, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you.

John 6:54 ..... Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.

John 6:55 .... For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink.

John 6:56 .... Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in him.

ps: I am not Catholic

SilenceInMotion

Dec 10, 2012
Virginia, USA
Christians do not follow the Old Law. That's why it's called 'old'. Just like the Old Testament. Jesus made all things new. We can eat rare steak and porkchops, I don't know if you got that memo or not. The headline reads "it's not what you eat, but what you throw up".

lesjude

May 8, 2012
Central New York State
Arnie Manitoba said:
What about these verses .....

Mark 14:24 ..... (Jesus said) This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many,”

John 6:53 ...... Jesus said to them, “I tell you the truth, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you.

John 6:54 ..... Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.

John 6:55 .... For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink.

John 6:56 .... Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in him.

ps: I am not Catholic

John 6:63

63 It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life.

John 6:68

68 But Simon Peter answered Him, “Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life.

Jesus explained what He meant. It was His words made alive by the Holy Spirit that give life not drinking His literal flesh and blood. Jesus is the Word.

John 1:1 and 14

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as
of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.

SilenceInMotion said:
Christians do not follow the Old Law. That's why it's called 'old'. Just like the Old Testament. Jesus made all things new. We can eat rare steak and porkchops, I don't know if you got that memo or not. The headline reads "it's not what you eat, but what you throw up".
No problem with "rare" meat however blood alone is still forbidden:

Acts 15:19-20

19 Therefore I judge that we should not trouble those from among the Gentiles who are turning to God, 20 but that we write to them to abstain from things polluted by idols, from sexual immorality,[a]from things strangled, and from blood.

Foreigner said:
-- Catholics from the Pope on down would disagree with you.
The RCC is NOT Christian.

forrestcupp

Feb 10, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
SilenceInMotion said:
Like lesjude just said, the blood thing carried over to the New Covenant, even to gentiles.

Acts 15:20 but that we write to them that they abstain from things contaminated by idols and from fornication and from what is strangled and from blood.

Just so people don't feel guilty, rare steak doesn't really have blood in it. That red juice is just a protein called myoglobin mixed with water.

Of course I believe that communion is symbolic of the body and blood. If it actually changed to Jesus' blood, it wouldn't taste like grape juice going down my throat. Or maybe I'm just doing it wrong. :D

But I think it's taking it a little bit too far to say that their misunderstanding of a tradition opens them up to demonic influence and binds them to sin. I don't agree with a lot of the practices of the Catholic Church, but I've known some individual Catholics who love Jesus with their whole hearts and partake of sacrament in worship of the Lord.

lesjude

May 8, 2012
Central New York State
forrestcupp said:
Like lesjude just said, the blood thing carried over to the New Covenant, even to gentiles.

Acts 15:20 but that we write to them that they abstain from things contaminated by idols and from fornication and from what is strangled and from blood.

Just so people don't feel guilty, rare steak doesn't really have blood in it. That red juice is just a protein called myoglobin mixed with water.

Of course I believe that communion is symbolic of the body and blood. If it actually changed to Jesus' blood, it wouldn't taste like grape juice going down my throat. Or maybe I'm just doing it wrong. :D

But I think it's taking it a little bit too far to say that their misunderstanding of a tradition opens them up to demonic influence and binds them to sin. I don't agree with a lot of the practices of the Catholic Church, but I've known some individual Catholics who love Jesus with their whole hearts and partake of sacrament in worship of the Lord.
The RCC is NOT Christian. There are God's people in it and He will deliver them out of it.
How else do you explain the cycle of confession, penance, the demonic ceremony and back into sin? Even sincere people are held in this bondage.

SilenceInMotion said:
This subject is actually a very complex one. Here is a source that thoroughly covers it all on the four prohibitions. It also explains how the Eurcharist cannot merely be symbolic.

http://www.catholicculture.org/culture/library/view.cfm?recnum=723
First the RCC is not Christian. There is not one doctrine of the Bible they have not perverted including the most basic and essential, the way of salvation. In fact they have perverted the Bible itself by adding books to it. They have shed the innocent blood of saints that resisted their perversions.The RCC holds that RCC church council decrees hold equal weight with scripture, then in an the above article contradict a decision the early church council made. This is just one more example of their perversion.
They cover the sodomite sins of their own "priests" all the way up to the highest levels of the RCC. The Vatican ran an escape line (the infamous ratlines) for wanted Nazi mass murderers to South America after WWII.

lesjude

May 8, 2012
Central New York State
SilenceInMotion said:
Lol

Anti-Catholics
It seems you think the RCC sodomites, aiding the escape of mass murders, and the murder of innocent people for disagreeing with their perversion of the scripture is humorous. God sees and will repay. Here is the evidence it is happening already. The sordid history of the RCC bears witness.

Romans 1:24-29

24 Therefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their bodies among themselves, 25 who
exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the
creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.
26 For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. 27 Likewise
also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their
lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and
receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.
28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting; 29 being filled with all unrighteousness, sexual immorality,[a] wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, evil-mindedness; they are whisperers,

John_8:32

Nov 9, 2012
Catholics believe they do drink the literal blood of Christ. This is the false doctrine of transubstantiation.

SilenceInMotion

Dec 10, 2012
Virginia, USA
lesjude said:
It seems you think the RCC sodomites, aiding the escape of mass murders, and the murder of innocent people for disagreeing with their perversion of the scripture is humorous. God sees and will repay.
John Calvin burned people at the stake for heresy, Martin Luther propelled hatred of the Jews, and the Puritans held witch trials.

Is God sending punishment to all the Protestant churches?

The fact of the matter is that anti-Catholics are self righteous, ignorant crowd pleasers with nothing else to do then to attack something for their own satisfaction. Whe it actually comes to theology, however, Protestants always lose. They have an initial blanket bomb they drop, but then when Catholics rise from the ashes, your theologies are put into the dirt.

So don't come on here trying to crusade Catholciism. You will lose. Thanks.

forrestcupp

Feb 10, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
lesjude said:
It seems you think the RCC sodomites, aiding the escape of mass murders, and the murder of innocent people for disagreeing with their perversion of the scripture is humorous. God sees and will repay. Here is the evidence it is happening already. The sordid history of the RCC bears witness.
First off, I'm not a Catholic, and I disagree with a lot of their practices. But a couple hundred years ago, the U.S. government massacred Native Americans and some founding fathers promoted kidnapping, selling, and mistreating black slaves. So since I'm an American, am I responsible for the sins of Americans 200 years ago?

The Catholic Church has a very dark history. But like SilenceInMotion pointed out, there are a lot of dark spots in the history of Protestants, too.

lesjude

May 8, 2012
Central New York State
SilenceInMotion said:
John Calvin burned people at the stake for heresy, Martin Luther propelled hatred of the Jews, and the Puritans held witch trials.
I could not say with any certainty that Calvin or Luther were saved because they both did worse than that. However only God can make that call. At least one man in the Bible did much worse with no evidence of repentance and God declared him righteous.

Is God sending punishment to all the Protestant churches?
ALL denominations are called carnal in the Bible. Most "protestants" at least are correct about the means of salvation and the foolishness of drinking blood and eating flesh. The fact that RCC history matches very closely what Romans 1:18-32 says indicates judgement. In fact a UK Cardinal just resigned amid claims of attempted sodomy. http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/feb/25/cardinal-keith-obrien-resigns Romans 1:18-32 in action.
The fact of the matter is that anti-Catholics are self righteous, ignorant crowd pleasers with nothing else to do then to attack something for their own satisfaction. Whe it actually comes to theology, however, Protestants always lose. They have an initial blanket bomb they drop, but then when Catholics rise from the ashes, your theologies are put into the dirt.

So don't come on here trying to crusade Catholciism. You will lose. Thanks.
All anyone has to do is point out what the RCC does to itself and its sordid history of robbery, perversion and murder. If anyone looks at what the Bible says about any of their doctrines their foolishness becomes very apparent.

No, self righteousness belong to those who make the perverted and outlandish claims made by the RCC. They are well known and based on the perversion of the scripture or no scripture at all. The link to the article on drinking blood you gave is a good example.
The issue is not winning or losing but the elect of Christ escaping the bondage of the RCC. They will. The rest will spend eternity in the lake of fire.
You are welcome.

SilenceInMotion

Dec 10, 2012
Virginia, USA
The Church fathers are the ones who put the canon of Scripture together. You read from a collection of books that the Church instituted in the first place, which a German monk in the 16th century took and revised for his own heresy. And now all of a sudden Catholics are 'suppressing the truth'?

It's funny how Baptists and otherwise anti-Catholics go on to talk about how the Church is the idolatress in red and white, but who's really the idolater? Idolatry is worshiping a falsehood, and your entire basis is built on a 16th century heresy which the other 3/4 of Christendom rightfully stays away from. Protestants are bedded in countries flagged for the anti-Christ. Those countries talk about peace, but they are all stained in blood. And what do most all those churches have? Their countries flag.

Anti-Catholics have a very closed view of Scripture. Do you see how easy I can reverse all that nonsense right back on you? You should get that demon out of you- Satan is the Accuser.

lesjude

May 8, 2012
Central New York State
forrestcupp said:
First off, I'm not a Catholic, and I disagree with a lot of their practices. But a couple hundred years ago, the U.S. government massacred Native Americans and some founding fathers promoted kidnapping, selling, and mistreating black slaves. So since I'm an American, am I responsible for the sins of Americans 200 years ago?

The Catholic Church has a very dark history. But like SilenceInMotion pointed out, there are a lot of dark spots in the history of Protestants, too.
The US is not a Christian nation in any sense of the word. There are only Kingdom Christians passing through this life as pilgrims being salt and light in the nation God put them in. The question is are you primarily an "American" or a citizen of King Jesus' Kingdom? It really is a significant sin question because nothing has really changed about sin by the US except their willingness and ability to commit it on a larger scale even against its own "citizens".
The RCC claims unbroken spiritual and moral authority directly from the apostles to the present and beyond. That is untrue.The only thing unbroken is their history of robbery, murder, and perversion. What was wrong from the beginning does not become right with "modification" and the passage of time which is obvious with the RCC[s ongoing "issues".
God will use what He did not start, bless what He will not inhabit. However all that will burn in the end which includes a lot of "protestantism" i.e. used and blessed by God but not inhabited. The principle behind this is in 1 Corinthians 3:1-15. note "saved as through fire".

SilenceInMotion

Dec 10, 2012
Virginia, USA
Everyone in the US was Protestant. See, your just splitting hairs now. Them 'God fearing white folk' took slaves from Africa, gave them Christian names, and used the book of Leviticus to justify it.

Catholicism cannot possibly suffer any claim that it has done this or that, because Catholcism is universal. In fact, that is what catholic means. Anyone can become Catholic, then a priest, bishop, archbishop, cardinal, and potentially pope. It's not a closed institution, it's simply the seat of Peter, with a mass surrounding it. People act like it's a devil's heirarchy.

All the anti-Catholic tripe comes from the ignorance of this fact. Blaming the Church is like blaming the literal Earth for the bad people that walk on it. The Church is a beautiful thing in which Christ instituted.