Dropping Circumcision as a requirement for Christianity in the Early Church

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ah well don't they? I think most Prots do, too?
No - this is not a requirement of Christianity.
It was a requirement under the Law of Judaism.

It's all there in the New Testament . . .

Reactions: Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
but i didn't say that it was. i said "most Catholics get circumcised anyway, don't they."

already knowing full well how pointless attempting to have a conversation with you was.
am i stupid, i now have to wonder lol

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Circumcison is not a requirement in any Christian church I know of. I do like the point made about circumcision of the heart - it is biblical and has replaced the physical act

Reactions: Pisteuo

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Circumcison is not a requirement in any Christian church I know of. I do like the point made about circumcision of the heart - it is biblical and has replaced the physical act
it has replaced the physical act by whom, then?
How might a hooded guy get treated after one communal shower?

Circumcision is a requirement in every Christian church i have ever attended; it is a Law, as near as i can tell anyway

Last edited:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
but i didn't say that it was. i said "most Catholics get circumcised anyway, don't they."

already knowing full well how pointless attempting to have a conversation with you was.
am i stupid, i now have to wonder lol
How would you know if "most Catholics" are circumcised?

The reason I hold you accountable for this type of comment is because it's moronic to generalize this way.
You can't possibly know if "most" Catholic men are circumcised.

THINK before you post, bbryd . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it has replaced the physical act by whom, then?
How might a hooded guy get treated after one communal shower?

Circumcision is a requirement in every Christian church i have ever attended; it is a Law, as near as i can tell anyway
I don't know of one single genuine Christian community that requires circumcision.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I don't know of one single genuine Christian community that requires circumcision.
and i don't know any uncircumcised Catholics, nor Christians, for that matter, except a few Syrian ones

are you circumcised, BoL?

would you like to actually have a conversation here, or no?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and i don't know any uncircumcised Catholics, nor Christians, for that matter, except a few Syrian ones

are you circumcised, BoL?
would you like to actually have a conversation here, or no?
bc the next vapid post you make, i'm gone, ok
I couldn't care less if you chose to stop with the asinine posts or stopped posting altogether.
Instead of getting angry because I hold you accountable to the truth - just THINK before you post this kind of nonsense. I'm just a poster on an obscure online forum.

GOD will hold you accountable to the truth - and that's where it counts . . .

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
angry? just not interested in getting jerked off again, bro.
if you want to avoid the truth, just say so already, not like it isn't obvious at this point.

if anyone (as in, one with their head out) knows a single Christian or Catholic that is uncircumcised, i would be interested to hear it

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
angry? just not interested in getting jerked off again, bro.
if you want to avoid the truth, just say so already, not like it isn't obvious at this point.

if anyone (as in, one with their head out) knows a single Christian or Catholic that is uncircumcised, i would be interested to hear it
Not that it's any of your business - but I knew a lot of them in Catholic high school gym class.

Like I said - instead of getting angry - just don't generalize. about thing that you have no knowledge of.
That's what ignorant people do.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The United States circumcises male infants unless notified by parents not to do so - it is for health reasons, not religious, bbyrd

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
The United States circumcises male infants unless notified by parents not to do so - it is for health reasons, not religious, bbyrd
so you say, but how far would i have to search to find a valid refute of this "health" perspective? What "health" problems are suffered by hooded men, that the unhooded are free of? And most importantly, with what frequency, bc i am not interested in being compared to an uncircumcised Cretin, even if i am uncircumcised, see. What are the realities, iow, as opposed to the extremes that we are fed to make a false point, to serve a hidden agenda?

iow uncircumcised guys have exactly zero health issues bc of that, practically speaking, wadr

i suggest that you are chattel, made so by your United States, as a little exploration of the implications of a Birth Certificate would reveal. And that you are circumcised to bring you under the law, or as an obvious observance of Law, and the "health" propaganda is strictly a cover story.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
essentially yes, it is. Bc those of the covenant would not be able to hear someone who was not circumcised. Iow Timothy was not interested in becoming circumcised to enter the covenant, but to open a door, right

Like Paul..."becoming all things to all men...that he may win some.."

But where is the line drawn...if a man has fallen into a well, me jumping into the well too, to "be like him" will not help him out of it... hummmm

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This was a big change

Why was it implemented?

What was the rationale?

Does it have implications for groups of people who do not fit in our perception of what a Christian must be today?

Here is one rationale:

Acts 15; Galatians 2:1–3; 5:1–11; 6:11–16; 1 Corinthians 7:17–20; Colossians 2:8–12; and Philippians 3:1–3. As these passages proclaim, being delivered from our sins is the result of faith in Christ; it is Christ’s finished work on the cross that saves, not the observance of an external rite. Even the Law acknowledged that circumcision alone was insufficient to please God, who specified the need to “circumcise your hearts” (Deuteronomy 10:16; cf. Romans 2:29). In salvation, the works of the flesh accomplish nothing (see Galatians 2:16).

Yet, this rationale has serious implications for baptism/the Eucharist, unless they are, indeed regenerative. If these sacraments are not regenerative, i see no reason to engage in them based on the same reasoning.

Comments?

Dropping Circumcision?

Early men cut off a piece of their own flesh, and that cut off flesh would die, their they flesh was given in death unto the Lord.

Christ Jesus provided a new way for men to give their flesh unto death, being crucified with Him, and accepting His Circumcision of the mans Heart.

No, Circumcision has not been "dropped".

A new WAY of circumcision has been revealed, and accepted by men who ACCEPT Chirst the Lord.

God Bless,
Taken