Earth millions of years Old

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

treeoflife

Apr 30, 2008
(kriss;49333)
You are correct treeoflife in that understanding this is not about our salvation the evidence is veiled for that very reason God wants us concerned with this age and our savior Christ. But understanding the earth is very old in know way takes away from this. It is about understanding Gods plan from the beginning. I have difficulty understanding mans reasoning for denying what science and scripture says simply because we were not taught this by men in Sunday school. It doesnt change the message of our bible it just shows us the awesomness of our father. He says he will make a New heaven and New earth in Rev. Why is it we believe this so easily but refuse to believe the scripture that he did this before??? It's no great feat for God.
It's not about it being a great feat for God... it's about believing what is true. And, for many Christians it is not there as simply as you say it is. Thus the disagreement. I am not saying your are wrong... I have not given it enough personal study. I am, just saying.
smile.gif

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(DONNIE;49331)
What was man commanded to "replenish" in Gen 1 ?28And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Donnie
Exactly DonnieIt is childish to believe that ALL science's are ALL Wrong when God in his scripture tells us differentley There is absoultly no scripture that says the earth is only 6000 years old its only the way man interpted it before knowledge increased.Its just like the Vatican astromer said we are acting like the church did when they found out through science that the earth was not the center of the Galaxie. There is no logical reason to believe the earth is only 6000 years old. Our scripture tell us that Adam was created about 6000 years ago.It doesnt say the earth is.

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
If any of you choose to believe in this. Be careful! The Holy Spirit is our greatest teacher. Rather than getting lessons from people, learn from the Holy Spirit. The Truth.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Wakka;49344)
If any of you choose to believe in this. Be careful! The Holy Spirit is our greatest teacher. Rather than getting lessons from people, learn from the Holy Spirit. The Truth.
Kriss is correct Wakka. I can't even reason with people saying that the Earth is 6,000 years old by calculating Adam's time period? Give me a break here...that saying clearly denys Genesis 1:1.

treeoflife

Apr 30, 2008
(thesuperjag;49346)
Kriss is correct Wakka. I can't even reason with people saying that the Earth is 6,000 years old by calculating Adam's time period? Give me a break here...that saying clearly denys Genesis 1:1.
It doesn't clearly deny it. If you want to interpret it that way, okay. But you can't say it clearly denies it. On the contrary... the only thing that *is* clear is that God made man in a day, the day the he created them -- morning and evening, the first day... the second day... third day... etc.Morning and evening... the day.Genesis 1:55 God called the light "day," and the darkness he called "night." And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.Genesis 1:88 God called the expanse "sky." And there was evening, and there was morning—the second day.Genesis 1:1313 And there was evening, and there was morning—the third day.Genesis 1:1919 And there was evening, and there was morning—the fourth dayGenesis 1:2323 And there was evening, and there was morning—the fifth day.Genesis 1:3131 God saw all that he had made, and it was very good. And there was evening, and there was morning—the sixth day.Fact is, the only thing that is truly clear from God's Word is that each day is a literal day, just as one would read it... so it was.If you are referring to the Gap Theory... that certainly isn't clear. But, you can make it clear, by all means.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(treeoflife;49350)
(thesuperjag;49346)
It doesn't clearly deny it. If you want to interpret it that way, okay. But you can't say it clearly denies it.Which existed first, Adam or the planet Earth?

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(Wakka;49344)
And the Word of God ???????????there is nothing in Gods word that says the earth is 6000 years old it says Adam was created almost 6000 years ago. Adam is not the earth.Wisdom comes from God true, but you are getting your information from teachings of menNot the Word.

treeoflife

Apr 30, 2008
(thesuperjag;49351)
Which existed first, Adam or the planet Earth?
The Earth existed first before Adam. Adam wasn't created, on the earth, until the 6th day. He was created, along with Eve, after the Earth, on the 6th day.Genesis 1:1-5 1In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. 2And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. 3And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. 4And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness. 5And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day. Genesis 1:26-31 26And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. 27So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. 28And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. 29And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat. 30And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so. 31And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(treeoflife;49355)
The earth existed first before Adam. Adam wasn't created, on the earth, until the 6th day.Genesis 1:1-5 1In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. 2And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. 3And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. 4And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness. 5And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day. Genesis 1:26-31 26And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. 27So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. 28And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. 29And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat. 30And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so. 31And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day
Am I going to limit Him...I afraid not. Every time we see the word day in the Bible does not always referring to a human day.Like in Genesis 2:16-17Genesis 2:16 - And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:Genesis 2:17 - But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.Did Adam die the same day? The answer is YES and NO.Genesis 5:3 - And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, and after his image; and called his name Seth:Genesis 5:4 - And the days of Adam after he had begotten Seth were eight hundred years: and he begat sons and daughters:Genesis 5:5 - And all the days that Adam lived were nine hundred and thirty years: and he died.II Peter 3:8 - But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.Also Genesis 1:26-28 was not talking about Adam, for he existed later.

treeoflife

Apr 30, 2008
(thesuperjag;49356)
Am I going to limit Him...I afraid not. Every time we see the word day in the Bible does not always referring to a human day.Like in Genesis 2:16-17Genesis 2:16 - And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:Genesis 2:17 - But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.Did Adam die the same day? The answer is YES and NO.Genesis 5:3 - And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, and after his image; and called his name Seth:Genesis 5:4 - And the days of Adam after he had begotten Seth were eight hundred years: and he begat sons and daughters:Genesis 5:5 - And all the days that Adam lived were nine hundred and thirty years: and he died.II Peter 3:8 - But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.Also Genesis 1:26-28 was not talking about Adam, for he existed later.
Yes, he did. He died that very day. According to the Word of God he did.What does it mean to die? Is it to stop breathing? Is it to be buried in the grave? Or, is death something entirely different to God?Matthew 23:27Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness.In Ephesians 2:1 Paul writes:And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;Adam died that very day, the very day God said he would. I would go so far as to say that His cells began to die for the very first time, if you want to speak of the biological aspect. His physical death only began at the very moment God said he would die. However, Adam did in fact die the very day he sinned, just as God said he would.If you want to make the argument that it is some other unmentioned thousand year day, he certainly didn't die a 1,000 years later... which only solidifies the obvious... day does not = 1,000 years.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(treeoflife;49358)
(thesuperjag;49356)
Yes, he did. He died that very day. According to the Word of God he did.What does it mean to die? Is it to stop breathing? Is it to be buried in the grave? Or, is death something entirely different to God?Matthew 23:27Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness.In Ephesians 2:1 Paul writes:And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;Adam died that very day, the very day God said he would. I would go so far as to say that His cells began to die for the very first time, if you want to speak of the biological aspect. His physical death only began at the very moment God said he would die. However, Adam did in fact die the very day he sinned, just as God said he would.If you want to make the argument that it is some other unmentioned thousand year day, he certainly didn't die a 1,000 years later... which only solidifies the obvious... day does not = 1,000 years.I just think you aren't getting the point at all. I don't know if you realize it, but I gave out a double standard answer to which I said YES and NO.I agree with the scriptures that you quoted, about sin = death. In fact whole-heartedly. (Romans 6:23) I also agree with what I said. Adam did not die at age 1,000 years. He died at age 930 years making it what God said is True. Adam died that same Day. But obviously he did not the same human day. However he dd die according to his sin committed.

treeoflife

Apr 30, 2008
(thesuperjag;49359)
I just think you aren't getting the point at all. I don't know if you realize it, but I gave out a double standard answer to which I said YES and NO.I agree with the scriptures that you quoted, about sin = death. In fact whole-heartedly. (Romans 6:23) I also agree with what I said. Adam did not die at age 1,000 years. He died at age 930 years making it what God said is True. Adam died that same Day. But obviously he did not the same human day. However he dd die according to his sin committed.
Last I checked, 930 does not = 1,000. Unless you're saying that a day can be *anything less than 1,000 years*... in which case there is no reason to believe that 1 day EQUALS 1,000 years. If Adam would have lived to be 50... or 100... or 500... he died within 1,000 years, but not equal to 1,000 years.This all brings confusion. Adam died the very day he sinned just as God said he did, and each day in God's creation was one day, period, just as we would mean day right now. A day was morning and evening as noted above (treeoflife;49350)
Click to go back to the previous post. One day equals morning and evening.
. The first... second... third... forth... fifth... sixth day, and the seventh day when God rested.

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
(thesuperjag;49356)
Genesis 5:5 - And all the days that Adam lived were nine hundred and thirty years: and he died.II Peter 3:8 - But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.Also Genesis 1:26-28 was not talking about Adam, for he existed later.
Adam lived 930 years. That's years, not 1 day.II Peter 3:8 is a metaphor of eternity. One thousand years is like a day in heaven compared to eternity. Time doesn't effect God. Time doesn't exist to God because He is infinite. Time only exists for us. So when God said that He created earth in 6 days, He created earth in 6 days for us.Period.Adam did die when he ate the apple. His infinite body died, and became a finite body. He was dying from the beginning of the curse.

Super Kal

Nov 27, 2007
I can agree with an old Earth age that was created and then destroyed, but I'm having EXTREME difficulty believing that the world is millions upon millions of years old.I've lived my entire life in Christianity, and I just can't bring myself to believe that the earth is that old... I'm not saying that there isn't validity in it, but... to me, it would give evolutionists more proof behind their claim on Evolution.

treeoflife

Apr 30, 2008
(Super Kal;49362)
I can agree with an old Earth age that was created and then destroyed, but I'm having EXTREME difficulty believing that the world is millions upon millions of years old.I've lived my entire life in Christianity, and I just can't bring myself to believe that the earth is that old... I'm not saying that there isn't validity in it, but... to me, it would give evolutionists more proof behind their claim on Evolution.
I understand your hesitation, and I don't believe the Earth is millions of year old either... but if I did, I would argue this:"Well, the earth is what it is. What evolutionists believe doesn't effect what is true. Even if the truth appears to give them ammo, do we stop teaching the truth?"The thing is, it's either true or it's not. I don't find anything that really has convinced me to believe something deep or hidden within God's Word when the simple truth is much more evident. God said that a day = morning and evening... each day. The first day through all the days... morning and evening.It's clear what it is, and I simply don't find enough proof to say otherwise.

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
I'll let Kriss and Jag believe in what they want to believe. This whole earth age thing isn't essential for salvation. So if either of us is wrong, then we're wrong.

treeoflife

Apr 30, 2008
(Wakka;49364)
I'll let Kriss and Jag believe in what they want to believe. This whole earth age thing isn't essential for salvation. So if either of us is wrong, then we're wrong.
Amen. I love you all
smile.gif
.:blessyou:For the record though, I'm right.
wink.gif

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(treeoflife;49365)
Amen. I love you all
smile.gif
.:blessyou:For the record though, I'm right.
wink.gif

I love you all so very much. But I can never believe in this junk that men teaches. I can never believe that the Earth is so young. (6,000 years old) It is actually quite deceiving.(Wakka;)
(thesuperjag;49356)
Genesis 5:5 - And all the days that Adam lived were nine hundred and thirty years: and he died.II Peter 3:8 - But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.Also Genesis 1:26-28 was not talking about Adam, for he existed later.
Adam lived 930 years. That's years, not 1 day.II Peter 3:8 is a metaphor of eternity. One thousand years is like a day in heaven compared to eternity. Time doesn't effect God. Time doesn't exist to God because He is infinite. Time only exists for us. So when God said that He created earth in 6 days, He created earth in 6 days for us.Period.Adam did die when he ate the apple. His infinite body died, and became a finite body. He was dying from the beginning of the curse.Once again I agree that sin = death (Romans 6:23) However if you want to call II Peter 3:8 a metaphor, that's your choice, but, I'm not going to believe in junks, as I'm not going to deny His perspective of Time.(Super Kal;49362)
To be honest. I hate Evolution. It has no proof at all. Every lie starts a little bit of Truth.

RaddSpencer

Mar 28, 2008
Yea, Wakka,This is somewhat outside of my area of interest, but I don't believe the world is super old either.There are various reasons why:http://www.christiananswers.net/creation/menu-age.htmlHowever, the biggest reason (as far as I am concerned) is as follows:"According to evolutionists, Stone Age man existed for 100,000 years before beginning to make written records about 4,000-5,000 years ago. Prehistoric man built megalithic monuments, made beautiful cave paintings, and kept records of lunar phases.(23) Why would he wait a thousand centuries before using the same skills to record history? The biblical time-scale is much more likely.(22)"http://www.christiananswers.net/q-aig/aig-c012.htmlHistory is frankly too short. If man had been around for 100,000 years, our history would be approximately that long.Any other explanation is frankly insulting to our ancestors.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(RaddSpencer;49371)
Yea, Wakka,This is somewhat outside of my area of interest, but I don't believe the world is super old either.There are various reasons why:http://www.christiananswers.net/creation/menu-age.htmlHowever, the biggest reason (as far as I am concerned) is as follows:"According to evolutionists, Stone Age man existed for 100,000 years before beginning to make written records about 4,000-5,000 years ago. Prehistoric man built megalithic monuments, made beautiful cave paintings, and kept records of lunar phases.(23) Why would he wait a thousand centuries before using the same skills to record history? The biblical time-scale is much more likely.(22)"http://www.christiananswers.net/q-aig/aig-c012.htmlHistory is frankly too short. If man had been around for 100,000 years, our history would be approximately that long.Any other explanation is frankly insulting to our ancestors.
History in some areas is very short, but True History is very long. Tell a truth is not short but long, but a lie is shorter than people thinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.