Earth millions of years Old

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Lets try to stay on subject the age of the earth or this thread will go in a thousand directions as we have seen before if you want discuss Adam Lets start a new thread. Thanks.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(treeoflife;49355)
The Earth existed first before Adam. Adam wasn't created, on the earth, until the 6th day. He was created, along with Eve, after the Earth, on the 6th day.Genesis 1:1-5 1In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. 2And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. 3And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. 4And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness. 5And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day. Genesis 1:26-31 26And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. 27So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. 28And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. 29And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat. 30And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so. 31And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day
We are talking Gen 1:1 to Gen 1:3 not the creation week Adam has nothing to do with this he wasnt around

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(Jerusalem Junkie;49374)
Millions of years old............
Yes, JJ1In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. An undertermined amount of time passes(millions of years)The first earth age of 2 Peter occurs Dinosuars apes ect. roam the earth ....................................................God destroys the first earth age 2And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters..................................................This earth age begins our story begins with this creation weekGen1:3 3And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

Jerusalem Junkie

Jan 7, 2008
The dinosaurs existed before man....if Peter existed while they are alive then wheres his account of them? The Crecetous was some 65 million years ago, The Trassic and Jurassic occurred before this period. Archeological records points toward a different scenario.......

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(Jerusalem Junkie;49379)
The dinosaurs existed before man....if Peter existed while they are alive then wheres his account of them? The Crecetous was some 65 million years ago, The Trassic and Jurassic occurred before this period. Archeological records points toward a different scenario.......
Peter didnt exist he just tells us of it and what are you talking about? Thats what Im saying the earth was millions of years old millions of years passed between Gen1:1 and 1:2this earth age does not start untill Gen 1:3 Peter just tell us of it in his 2nd letterThe third age starts in Rev 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
Just a simple question for Kriss. Is the thrird Earth Age going to return the Earth back to it's original form or is it literally destroyed thus creating an actual new Earth and new Heaven?

Jerusalem Junkie

Jan 7, 2008
Whats this Earth Age junk? What are y'all saying that the Earth progressed through stages? This sounds like the start of the 1956 movie Creature from the Black Lagoon. Sorry but I do not believe in this Earth Age stuff it either is or is not.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(thesuperjag;49389)
Just a simple question for Kriss. Is the thrird Earth Age going to return the Earth back to it's original form or is it literally destroyed thus creating an actual new Earth and new Heaven?
Its the same earth it says all rudiments (elements) are meltedso I would assume it will happen just as it did the first time the earth will become void without form2Pe 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. 2Pe 3:12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(Jerusalem Junkie;49390)
Whats this Earth Age junk? What are y'all saying that the Earth progressed through stages? This sounds like the start of the 1956 movie Creature from the Black Lagoon. Sorry but I do not believe in this Earth Age stuff it either is or is not.
Its what scripture says JJ not us its why science and scripture agree on the age of the earth. God says he will do it again so whats the big deal with having done it before it doesnt change anything for us today. Its past read Post #8 or this link http://www.kjvbible.org/gap_theory.html

Jerusalem Junkie

Jan 7, 2008
(thesuperjag;49389)
Neither. The earth did not revert back after the dinosaurs...unless this so called comet that was suppose to have destroyed them had other ideas...do the math...Triassic occurred some 245 million years ago long before man was thought about. Unless I miss my guess the Bible is like what 4500 years old? Could be wrong on this...

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(Jerusalem Junkie;49396)
Neither. The earth did not revert back after the dinosaurs...unless this so called comet that was suppose to have destroyed them had other ideas...do the math...Triassic occurred some 245 million years ago long before man was thought about. Unless I miss my guess the Bible is like what 4500 years old? Could be wrong on this...
JJ you seem to be completly confused. The bible didnt exist peter didnt exist this was before the creation week even started this was the first earth age where no human flesh lived.God says he destroyed the heavens and the earth and made them void then he recreated it and started this earth age in which we live. Then he says in Rev. he will destroy the earth again and make it over again thats what the Bible says2Pe 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. 2Pe 3:12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Kriss;49391)
(thesuperjag;49389)
Its the same earth it says all rudiments (elements) are meltedso I would assume it will happen just as it did the first time the earth will become void without form2Pe 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.2Pe 3:12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?Thank you Dear sister Kriss. I appreciated it.
smile.gif

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(Alistein;49399)
I have found the AIG site very helpful when dealing with topics such as these I would recommend it as i can't even begin to say how false so much of what i am reading is. http://www.answersingenesis.org/creation/v19/i1/days.asphttp://www.answersingenesis.org/home/area/...enesis.asp#days
Men always teach what their traditions tell them science of the age of earth did not exist in earlier times men are always stuck in their traditions reguardless of what scripture says all you are quoting is oipnions of men. scripture says differntThis isnt a matter of anyones Salvation believe the earth is 6000 years old if it suits you but others know that is untrue and too you who are curious God word doesnot say the world is 6000 years old.

Alistein

May 4, 2008
Men always teach what their traditions tell them science of the age of earth did not exist in earlier times men are always stuck in their traditions reguardless of what scripture says all you are quoting is oipnions of men. scripture says differntThis isnt a matter of anyones Salvation believe the earth is 6000 years old if it suits you but others know that is untrue and too you who are curious God word doesnot say the world is 6000 years old. Areyou not also a man(human I mean) you are as subject to your words as all. whether science of the age of the earth existed or not is not the point. God existed then and by indication He has made people before this time believe in literal earth days. Since He doesn't change this can't be true what ever He was saying then must also be the same. The bible does not support all this false evolution and billions of years nonsense. It;'s like someone said if the modern day science was never considered it would be impossible to arrive at these numbers and this new ways of interpreting scriptures and putting gaps and so on in it. The root of this argument seems pretty deep and i believe I have recommended a site that can help. If anything the least one can do is to consider what is being said and see if it makes sense or is logical.

RobinD69

Oct 7, 2007
I am sorry but you are adding to and taking away from the word of God. The first age began with creation Gen. 1. The second age began with the receeding of the flood water in Noahs time. The third age is the age of Grace. If you are placing another earth age before creation then you are calling the Lord a liar.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(RobinD69;49408)
I am sorry but you are adding to and taking away from the word of God. The first age began with creation Gen. 1. The second age began with the receeding of the flood water in Noahs time. The third age is the age of Grace. If you are placing another earth age before creation then you are calling the Lord a liar.
This is not supported by scripture and Im not calling God anything I am reading scripture right.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(Alistein;49407)
Men always teach what their traditions tell them science of the age of earth did not exist in earlier times men are always stuck in their traditions reguardless of what scripture says all you are quoting is oipnions of men. scripture says differntThis isnt a matter of anyones Salvation believe the earth is 6000 years old if it suits you but others know that is untrue and too you who are curious God word doesnot say the world is 6000 years old. Areyou not also a man(human I mean) you are as subject to your words as all. whether science of the age of the earth existed or not is not the point. God existed then and by indication He has made people before this time believe in literal earth days. Since He doesn't change this can't be true what ever He was saying then must also be the same. The bible does not support all this false evolution and billions of years nonsense. It;'s like someone said if the modern day science was never considered it would be impossible to arrive at these numbers and this new ways of interpreting scriptures and putting gaps and so on in it. The root of this argument seems pretty deep and i believe I have recommended a site that can help. If anything the least one can do is to consider what is being said and see if it makes sense or is logical.
As I recommended a site that would help you but did you read it ???????????? No, you have your mind made up to what Sunday school taught. You would call all science lies astronomy,geology,acreology, physics, just to name a few and insist on making christianity look foolish all to ignore the Word and believe a tradition of men.your choice but 2 Peter tells us differnt if you read it with understanding and stop trying to make it fit your ideas. There is no sense arguing this those with eyes to see will understand what Peter and God are saying those without understanding will not. As I said it isnt a matter of ones salvation its about understanding the plan of God There is nothing new under the sun God is the same this is true he did this before and he will do it again just as we are told in his word

Status
Not open for further replies.