Earthquake victims.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The recent earthquakes which have devastated Turkey and Syria are unbelievably horrific. I can't even begin to imagine how a normal person copes with that frightening devastation and death. How do we pray for those affected; those who have been made homeless and those who have lost loved ones? It is just too 'big' a thing for me to know how to pray, but I'm doing as best I can. Please God, hear our prayers for those people who have been caught up in this nightmare scenario; whether victims or rescuers give them strength, give them help in every possible way - more rescue teams, food, water, shelter, medical aid. Oh God I can't imagine their plight but they definitely need your help.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes prayer is a good idea. I caught it on the earthquake map last night and this morning. And now it is reported as the big news on the weather channel. The pictures are just terrible and the loss of life is staggering. I've never seen such a terrible quake in all my life.

May help be brought to them and those that can be rescued, may they be rescued rapidly.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I've never seen such a terrible quake in all my life.
Me neither. I read that researchers said the earthquake was a strike-slip quake, where two tectonic plates slide past each other horizontally, instead of moving up and down. In this case, one block moved west while the other moved east – grinding past each other to create the quake. The earthquake was one of the biggest strike-slip earthquakes that has hit on land. On top of that, it’s located near populated areas. Rescue efforts were also hampered by freezing temperatures and traffic jams caused by residents trying to leave earthquake-stricken areas.

I saw the footage on the news tonight, whole blocks just crumpling like the twin towers did. Absolutely horrific.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Last edited:

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can I contact admin??
It is important.
Thank.
Hello @Natashakzp
I removed this very same thing from a thread recently as, it is not on topic. If you need to speak with a admin. You can contact @lforrest or @Angelina . You can in box them by clicking on the envelope icon upper right of screen and look on bottom of that and look for "New Message". You can contact them through there.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
just to give some prospective ….….

On 17 August 1999, a catastrophic magnitude 7.6 earthquake struck the Kocaeli Province of Turkey, causing monumental damage and 17,127–18,373 deaths.[7] Named for the quake’s proximity to the northwestern city of Izmit, the earthquake is also commonly referred to as the 17 August Earthquake or the 1999 Gölcük Earthquake.[8] The earthquake occurred at 03:01 local time (00:01 UTC) at a shallow depth of 15 km. A maximum Mercalli intensity of X (Extreme) was observed, marking this event as one of the most destructive earthquakes in the history of the region. The earthquake lasted for 37 seconds, causing seismic damage and becoming widely remembered as one of the deadliest natural disasters in modern Turkish history.

The 1999 earthquake was part of a sequence along the North Anatolian Fault that started in 1939, causing large earthquakes that moved progressively from east to west over a period of sixty years.[9]

• Sad
Reactions: Nancy and dev553344

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It’s so difficult to comprehend such a large loss of life and so much devastation , and like you @Pearl , it’s hard to know how to respond.xx

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Brought me to tears watching it. Those poor children. But a happy ending for them.
Did you see footage of a new baby who was born under the rubble being pulled out? It's amazing: I try and send a link.
  • Her mother went into labor soon after the accident and gave birth before dying.
  • Her father, four brothers, and an aunt were also killed.
  • A doctor at a local Afrin hospital stated she was currently in stable condition.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you see footage of a new baby who was born under the rubble being pulled out? It's amazing: I try and send a link.
  • Her mother went into labor soon after the accident and gave birth before dying.
  • Her father, four brothers, and an aunt were also killed.
  • A doctor at a local Afrin hospital stated she was currently in stable condition.
I heard about it and posted a link to it somewhere but didn't know the facts, just that a newborn was pulled out. Thanks for the video!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I heard about it and posted a link to it somewhere but didn't know the facts, just that a newborn was pulled out. Thanks for the video!
How scary for that poor woman to give birth alone in those conditions. Poor lady.

• Sad
Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The death toll is over 19,000 now and is surpassing Japans disaster and only exceeded by Haiti disaster. To be completely honest I was shocked when I woke up that morning and looked at the USGS earthquake map. I had a feeling it was bad.

• Sad
Reactions: Nancy

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The death toll is over 19,000 now and is surpassing Japans disaster and only exceeded by Haiti disaster. To be completely honest I was shocked when I woke up that morning and looked at the USGS earthquake map. I had a feeling it was bad.
It is a truly terrible human tragedy. Nature can seem very cruel sometimes.

Reactions: Nancy

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is a truly terrible human tragedy. Nature can seem very cruel sometimes.
Yes, and I think we can be led by God to be safe and keep our families safe from things like that. And sometimes not. God really determines when a person moves on. He can resurrect and heal us, and bring us back to life so he has that authority. What I don't like is when mankind and their leaders determine when people move on like the Ukraine war at around 5,000 deaths.

We only have had a few of these natural disasters happen around the world. But the death toll is staggering. Hurricanes can do similar damage to life.