East is foreward

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the Bible left is north and right is south so foreward is east. This always seemed so arbitrary to me but I suddenly realized that east really is foreward. Everything on earth is moving eastward
No...but thanks for bringing it up!

Adam was cast from the presence of God east of the garden, and every tribe of Israel's land was measured out to them from the east even to the west. And likewise, the new world.

North is above, south is below.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Moving towards the sunrise.
Thats why the entrance into the temple faced east.....so that in entering, one's back was toward the sun.
It was in stark contrast to the nations around them who bowed towards the East....towards the Sun

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thats why the entrance into the temple faced east.....so that in entering, one's back was toward the sun.
It was in stark contrast to the nations around them who bowed towards the East....towards the Sun
Interesting point. I wouldn't have thought of that.

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
Psalms 48:1 "Great is the Lord, and greatly to be praised In the city of our God, in the mountain of His holiness."

The time this is referring to, Christ is returned as the King of Kings and Lord of Lords, and he will be reigning from His holy mount Zion in Jerusalem. We are speaking of the millennium age here, when all souls are living in their soul or spiritual bodies, where there is no sickness and confusion about what the Word of God says and means. We will see our Lord Jesus Christ reigning from his world throne, and the praised by all the people on earth. God made an eternal covenant with Jerusalem in Ezekiel 16, and that is where He will rule from.

Psalms 48:2 "Beautiful for situation, the joy of the whole earth, Is mount Zion, on the sides of the north, The city of the great King."

Stop and think for a moment, for God is telling us that He is going to place his throne in His city, on the side of the north in Jerusalem. However before that time comes, there will be another king that will be a fake, that will also establish his throne in Jerusalem on the side of the north also. We are to make sure that we do not reach our early to take hold of that false king for he will be Satan in his role as the Antichrist. In the prior Psalms we were warned about taking that king to ourselves. Lets take a close look at that strange God that will sit on the side of the north first.

Isaiah 14:11 "Thy pomp is brought down to the grave, and the noise of thy viols: the worm is sprad under thee, and the worms cover thee."

Isaiah 14:12 "How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! How art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!"

Notice it is not in heaven, but "from heaven", to the earth as the Antichrist. He comes as the "son of the morning", the morning star. He is here because Michael threw him out of Heaven onto the earth, and he will be a counterfeit of the real morning star. He will come to deceive those that would be deceived. Satan will weaken the nations because he will deceive all the nations of the earth. He healed the deadly wound of Revelation 13:1-3, and brought the one world system back in order again as a religious system. The peace that Satan will bring to the world will be a false peace, as he sits on the side of the north claiming to be God.

Isaiah 14:13 "For thou [Satan, this false morning star] has said in thy heart, `I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:"

Isaiah 14:14 "I will ascend above the height of the clouds; I will be like the Most High."

This is given also in II Thessalonians 2:4; "Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the Temple of God, shewing himself that he is God."

This states that our Lord Jesus Christ shall not return to us until after Satan, the counterfeit Christ, sits in his temple on the side of the north, claiming to be God, and the whole world believes him. Satan is the "son of perdition", the same "Lucifer" spoken of in Isaiah, the "dragon" of the first earth age that drew one third of all souls to him, and the "serpent" of the garden of Eden that wholly seduced Eve, and from that sexual encounter came his son Cain, and Cain's offspring the "Kenites". Satan goes by many names for each describes the role that he played at a certain time.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would consider that backwards..

The temple (God) faces east, but He is to the west as we draw near to Him. And, yes, it is right then that other nations would naturally face to the east, and away from God.

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the Bible left is north and right is south so foreward is east. This always seemed so arbitrary to me but I suddenly realized that east really is foreward. Everything on earth is moving eastward
Unless your riding on a cloud.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
No...but thanks for bringing it up!

Adam was cast from the presence of God east of the garden, and every tribe of Israel's land was measured out to them from the east even to the west. And likewise, the new world.

North is above, south is below.
So Christ's triumphant entry through the east gate in Jerusalem was symbolic of man returning from being in exile from the garden.

Reactions: ScottA

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So Christ's triumphant entry through the east gate in Jerusalem was symbolic of man returning from being in exile from the garden.
Yes...out of darkness, and we are to follow Him!