Easter

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I am happy to discuss with you my views but I will not put up with a bulling and name calling approach that you are presently resorting to.

Shalom

What's this?:

You are wrong, as from my attachment to post #85 you would have read that I would suggest that Christ was crucified on the Day of preparation for the Passover which occurred on the Friday, a Sabbath Day within the Israelite tradition which was then followed by the Sabbath day of worship. It seems to me that your scholarship is a little flawed.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Sadly, my KJV interlinear does not tell me that the sun was rising in the east as you are suggesting. Here is the transliterated plus the English translation.

Teé epaúrion ho óchlos polús ho elthoón eis teén heorteén akoúsantes hóti érchetai ho Ieesoús eis Hierosóluma

On the next day - people - much - that were come - to - the - feast, - when they - heard - that - was coming - Jesus - to - Jerusalem,

But that is how my interlinear presents the translation of the Greek words. It does not match up with your desired outcome.

Bet my newest pair of boots your 'interlinear' dates after 1950?

'orion' - east.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
What I presented was scripture in what I believe is in it correct chronological order with little or no commentary except in providing a paraphrase of the referenced scriptures predominately associated with the same event. Any comments were added as footnotes and in all the document only came to 32 pages.

Whereas, your document required 282 pages to present your views and understandings.

My document was generated to show how the gospels related to each other by putting the respective Gospel passages into a chronological order/sequence reflective of the storyline of Christ during the Easter period.

As for your comments regarding scripture, which is the majority of my document, they ring out as an insult against one particular translation. The document would have been much the same even if I had used the KJV or the NET translation. At the time of compiling the document some 13 years ago I chose to used the RSV translation. Today, I would possibly use a different translation.

My prayer is that if people use my document as a guide to put together a study of the Easter story that they will use their preferred translation to confirm the chronological sequence that I had arrived at using the RSV.

Shalom

My prayer is that if people use 'my document' as a guide for a study of the Last Passover of Yahweh Suffering and Triumph story of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, that they will use an as near as possible literal and truthful translation of and abiding to the existing and authentic Canonical Text and Textual sequence, in order to arrive at the actual and true chronological sequence of dates and days and times of days of the Last Passover of Yahweh Suffering and Triumph of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Peace

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I am so sorry that you perceive that I am following your example of being dogmatic in presenting my case. I wonder why you find it so necessary to defend your musings as if only your words and explanation can be followed to gain any understanding about the time surrounding the crucifixion of Christ. You are a bible student, and sadly, I have nothing but pity for anyone caught up in the deception of that cult.

Shalom

Hey pal, using Corelssue's BS on me is not going to help you. But can you recall in that rotten memory of yours there is a commandment that says you may not play kleilat with false accusations? Pitiful looser...

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Early Church was indeed not universal, viz., 'Catholic'; it was <early> like you said before and now.
First of all - that's not what YOU said when I pointed out that the Early Church agreed UNANIMOUSLY on Sunday worship and called it "The Lord's Day".
YOU
said: "Except if they're Roman Catholic PAPAL pawns."

This indicates TWO things:
First - that you recognize that the Early Church was indeed Catholic in communion with the Pope.
Secondly - that you are totally ignorant in regards to Catholic vs. "Roman" Catholic. You DON'T know the difference.

By the end of the first century - the Christian Church was being called "The CATHOLIC Church" - not as a mere description, but as a TITLE. We read this in the writings of Ignatius of Antioch, Irenaeus and the document, The Martyrdom of Polycarp.

The wonderful thing about history is that - no matter HOW much YOU complain - you cannot change it . . .

PS - Let me know when you're ready to learn about the difference between Catholic and "Roman" Catholic.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Weak. You still ignore Jewish tradition that is soundly established while upholding an elledged Jewish idiom that you cannot establish.
Yea.. that's right. It doesn't. But your own faulty view on idioms allows it.
Based on your history, I doubt that. You haven't really read any of the other references you gave and that has been proven. Why should I believe you read this?.
You have a credibility problem happening.
And YOU have a "pride" thing happening.
It galls you to have been taught a Bible lesson from a Catholic . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey pal, using Corelssue's BS on me is not going to help you. But can you recall in that rotten memory of yours there is a commandment that says you may not play kleilat with false accusations? Pitiful looser...
Grow up, GS.
You MIGHT make a fine adult some day - but I'm not holding my breath . . .

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
First of all - that's not what YOU said when I pointed out that the Early Church agreed UNANIMOUSLY on Sunday worship and called it "The Lord's Day".
YOU
said: "Except if they're Roman Catholic PAPAL pawns."

This indicates TWO things:
First - that you recognize that the Early Church was indeed Catholic in communion with the Pope.
Secondly - that you are totally ignorant in regards to Catholic vs. "Roman" Catholic. You DON'T know the difference.

By the end of the first century - the Christian Church was being called "The CATHOLIC Church" - not as a mere description, but as a TITLE. We read this in the writings of Ignatius of Antioch, Irenaeus and the document, The Martyrdom of Polycarp.

The wonderful thing about history is that - no matter HOW much YOU complain - you cannot change it . . .

PS - Let me know when you're ready to learn about the difference between Catholic and "Roman" Catholic.
Ag please daddy, take us to the drive-in? Another (old) SA thing...

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And YOU have a "pride" thing happening.
It galls you to have been taught a Bible lesson from a Catholic . . .
Yea, whatever. If it makes you feel better about yourself, keep saying it.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you find anything good in what others may write or do you deliberately set out to put down anyone else whatever they may be saying.

As for the fallibility of any particular English translations, no translations is without faults within their particular translation as can be determined when considering the source texts from which the translation was derived.

As I said previously, people are welcome to use the document as a basis of their study to either confirm or reject the manner in which I have arranged the scriptural verses by the use of their favourite translation.

Have you tried to confirm the document by considering the scriptural references using your preferred translation or have you just lashed out for the sake of lashing out?

Shalom
I check everything.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What occurred on which day of the week?
Christ was crucified on: "The Preparation OF the Passover" John 19:14 which was "the first day -of the passover- they KILLED the passover on" 2Chronicles 35 Mark 14:12 Matthew 26:17 Luke 22:7 John 13:1 1Corinthians 11:23, which did NOT occur on 'Good Friday' within Roman Catholic tradition, but on the Fifth Day of the week ('Thursday') which was then followed by "That-Day-great-day-of-sabbath" within the OT tradition of Law, of passover, in fact, "on the in-between-sabbath" (Acts 13:42) <Friday, a Sabbath Day within the Israelite tradition>, which was then followed by <the Sabbath day of worship> in fact "on the TO-HEAR-THE-WORD-OF-GOD-SABBATH" (Acts 13:44) within New Testament tradition of Scripture.

That's how it seems to me. Now you owe me, show me where it's <flawed>!

As to which day Christ was crucified, we both agree on. My statement was confined to your understanding of when Christ rode the ass into Jerusalem. I said it occurred during the twilight period on the Saturday night our time, which you have said is wrong.. Perhaps it is you that needs to apologise. or are you lays this angry?

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Gerhard please be respectful of others and other peoples opinions on the scriptures. You are being very agressive in how you are expressing your opinions and that is a turn off for many and a good enough reason to ignore you.

At this point in time, we seem to agree on the Thursday, but have differing opinions as to when the ass was used on the Sunday, with respect to the Jewish timeframe.

Now can you simply drop your aggression towards others.

Reactions: FHII

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I check everything.

It seems to me that you also lash out at people based on your fleeting read of what others have written without pondering on what they have written in response to your, what seem to be, abusive posts.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hi BoL,

Can you explain to me the difference? Sincere question, seeking simple answer.

Much love!
Mark

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It seems to me that you also lash out at people based on your fleeting read of what others have written without pondering on what they have written in response to your, what seem to be, abusive posts.

Makes you see that in over 58 years of studying debate I'm hearing anything here I've not heard before.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi BoL,

Can you explain to me the difference? Sincere question, seeking simple answer.

Much love!
Mark
I'm sure he will be around shortly to explain it to you. He explains it quite often as he doesn't like folks to misunderstand it. He explained it to me once and I see what he says about it.