Education

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
encouraging people is not bad - encouraging people in what is bad is bad - imho - twinc
yes, and what does that have to do with the point here, sorry, i am missing it. If you have a perspective of "bad" there, where others are saying "good," the onus is now upon you to expose this "bad," right?

It doesn't have to be accusatory, it can be as easy as "seems to me that ______ amounts to ________, and i wonder if this is such a good thing?"

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Is education incompatible with faith? How important is it for a pastor to be educated? Are intellectual Christians less trustworthy regarding theology, doctrine, guidance in the Christian life? Who is more likely to live out their Christian calling, an intellectual or an average person?

This is an interesting question. I think it's important for a Pastor to get a overview of all the various doctrinal beliefs and where he sits in relation to those beliefs but I don't think that it is always necessary. I think churches in general, feel more secure knowing that their Pastor has gone through some form of biblical training.