• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All unrepentant sinners (human and angelic) will suffer corresponding to their exact level of guilt.

Problem is, that while they are being punished, they will sin even more because they have not gotten rid of their sin nature. So they will be adding guilt to the equation, which must then be punished. Then, while they are being punished for that sin, they will sin even more, and thus will add more guilt...unto a never-ending cycle.

This to me is proof of everlasting torments in the lake of fire; it forms an airtight case.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It went like this:
How about the magnificent, incomparable love of Christ as incentive, or would that be insufficient?
It would be insufficient for those who carry powerful addictions.

The fear of the LORD is needed for many as an incentive to follow Christ, even to remain in Him (Jeremiah 32:38-40 (kjv)).

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Problem is, that while they are being punished, they will sin even more because they have not gotten rid of their sin nature.
No, they will have conceded by then.
Philippians 2
9Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, 10that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, 11and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It would be insufficient for those who carry powerful addictions.

The fear of the LORD is needed for many as an incentive to follow Christ, even to remain in Him (Jeremiah 32:38-40 (kjv)).
If God winks at ignorance, wouldn't it stand to reason that He would also wink at true infirmities? Fear is a highly abused word.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Problem is, that while they are being punished, they will sin even more because they have not gotten rid of their sin nature. So they will be adding guilt to the equation, which must then be punished. Then, while they are being punished for that sin, they will sin even more, and thus will add more guilt...unto a never-ending cycle.

This to me is proof of everlasting torments in the lake of fire; it forms an airtight case.
Airtight? Except for one thing. Why would God deliberately keep untold numbers of people alive in order to immortalise that thing which He hates most?
Another question. Scripture tells us that God shall wipe away all tears from our eyes. The new Earth will be a place of unending joy and peace, without fear or grief or sadness. Except somewhere beneath according to you there is a place where people are screaming in agony, cursing with hatred, for as long as the Earth exists... Forever. No doubt, according to what you believe is a true depiction of reality, we can witness this as per Luke 16. Perhaps there will be guided tours to the edge and competitions to see how close we can get without being burnt. We can invent games and lay bets on who we believe can scream loudest. You can look for your relations and call out to them, say I told you so. After all. There's no sadness, or grief right. No tears. So no compassion or empathy among us. Nah, ha! You getting just what you deserve you sinners. Burn baby burn! It'll be a pleasure cruise to the edge of hell to watch your parents and siblings burn forever. Oh what joy.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Airtight? Except for one thing. Why would God deliberately keep untold numbers of people alive in order to immortalise that thing which He hates most?

Because, as I said, His justice requires that people get the exact punishment for their sins as they deserve it; and they will be adding to their sins (blaspheming God, etc.) while they are being punished.

God must be a monster for punishing sin at all...

Pro 28:5, Evil men understand not judgment: but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Perhaps there will be guided tours to the edge and competitions to see how close we can get without being burnt.

Sounds like fun!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fear hath torment.
Do you really think that 1 John 4:18 (kjv) applies to the fear of the LORD?

You would have to deal with some contradictory ideas in scripture if that is the case.

The fear of the LORD is promoted as desirable in holy scripture.

Last edited:

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Anything else would be unjust.
Now you are just trying to be God. What do you know exactly about divine justice?

In this entire discussion I see human beings using HUMAN REASONING to try and understand divine justice. Which is absurd. But it is typical of cults and cultists to use human reasoning, because they simply cannot understand spiritual things. They cannot understand (1) the deity of Christ, (2) the Trinity, (3) salvation by grace through faith, and (4) eternal torment in Hell (among many other things).

Everything connected with the eternal punishment of sinners and evil angels is outside the grasp of humans. And all that Christians are expected to do is simply believe what God and Christ have revealed. And whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

Reactions: justbyfaith

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In this entire discussion I see human beings using HUMAN REASONING to try and understand divine justice. Which is absurd.
I completely agree!

As if we understand what God was creating when He created us. As if we somehow "know" that God didn't make man to have a spirit that lives on.

Much love!

Reactions: Enoch111

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't forget that those people you think are all Christians, how is it then that the ones whose names are NOT in the Book of Life get thrown in the lake of fire?

So, think again.
I did think again already!
Hell is the grave, and not what the religious of the denominations of Religion want you to believe!
So, where are the graves (hell)?
They are in the earth.
Now, when Jesus returns (2 Thessalonians 1:7-10) in all His Glory, in flaming fire (Hebrews 12:29), according to 2 Peter 3:10-13, the elements (earth) will melt with fervent heat...".
THAT IS the Lake of Fire!

Again, where is hell THEN, at that time of the Lord's Fiery return?
Ans. In the earth, in the Lake of Fire!
And here is the clincher, for another false topic, for another time: there will be
NO escapees!!

Its all amazingly simple, if one would just allow the Holy Spirit to "guide you" , and not the "religious spin" of Religion, and all their book learning and word crunching!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hell is the grave...
More baloney from one who presents himself as a Bible student. Just because the KJV translators mistakenly called Sheol (the region of departed souls and spirits) BOTH "hell" and "the pit" and "the grave" does not mean that hell is the grave. This has been posted a hundred times but it never seems to sink in:

THE KJV MISTRANSLATIONS
SHEOL = hell, grave, pit
HADES (SAME AS SHEOL) = hell
GEHENNA (THE LAKE OF FIRE) = hell
TARTARUS (THE PRISON FOR EVIL ANGELS) = hell

The grave cannot be hell for the simple reason that it is only six feet (or less) under the surface of the earth. There are no souls in the soil. However, there may be soles of discarded shoes and boots.

Reactions: ChristisGod

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We're anxious to see what you have to share.
I have addressed this on another thread, therefore I will bring a few of those posts here, so that you can grasp the simplicity and depth of the scriptures, that reveal what exactly the word "soul" is.
Some of you will be shocked, and others will refuse to entertain it. Not that it is hard to digest, but rather for years and years, we all have been duped into misunderstanding the truth of what the word "soul" means.

So, the battle ahead for this discussion, is not going to be for me or against me, but rather against the pounding ricochets of your own thoughts bouncing around within your head, attempting refute and deny it.
All of my scripture references are from the KJV only.

That previous discussion is found in the thread:
"Death is Swallowed up in Victory- When?"
See July 29, 2020, the last post on
page 51, and you can read my posts of discussion forward from there.

Reposted from the aforementioned thread, Earburner wrote:
"Soul=blood,
Blood=soul.
Until one comprehends that, they will forever be in a fog about what the word "soul" is.
ITS OUR BLOOD!!
Our blood feeds our flesh, by carrying oxygenated air to every organ and its each grouping of living cells!
Leviticus 17[11a] For the life of the flesh is in the blood:...

Now unfortunately, to understand that, you will have to fight off every corrupt thought of what you have been told down through thousands of years, of what "soul" is.
KJV: Genesis 3. "Man BECAME a living soul. He didn't get one!!
Moses, in his ignorance DID NOT KNOW what Oxygen was, so he called it "the breath of life". See also Genesis 7:21-22.

Think through the corrupted thoughts of Religion, and any other foul imaginings of what man has conjured up through the years of what "soul" is.
Soul=blood,
Blood=soul.

BTW, there is much more to be learned about it through the KJV Bible, if you will just entertain this truthful concept of what I have said thus far, including Jesus and His Resurrection!"

In the same thread, on page 52, July 29, 2020- Earburner wrote:
"Though Leviticus speaks of animal sacrifice under the OC, today * moving forward under the NC, we understand that it is *Christ who was to come, and be the Sacrifice of Himself for our Atonement.
Leviticus 17[ 11] For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and *[moving forward to Christ] I have given it *[Christ's blood] to you upon the altar [cross] to make an atonement for your souls:
for it is the blood *[of Christ] that maketh AN atonement for the soul.
*Isaiah 53[12] Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because *he hath POURED OUT his **soul unto death:
and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.
**Note- His blood

Mat. 26[ 28 ] For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

John 19 [ 34 ] But one of the soldiers with a spear pierced his side , and forthwith came there out blood and water".

Status
Not open for further replies.