• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, I’ve had people do some pretty horrific things to me, but I’d hope myself as well as God has forgiven all.
It could be that some people will burn until they stop relishing the idea of others burning in pain eternally and until all impure ideas about God are consumed in the flames. (He who digs a pit shall fall into it?)

Me? I see the fires of hell favorably. They burn away what isn't worth saving. I think a saint, if perfected, could walk through hell without the least problem. I think the fire in hell are actually flames of Love -- which the sinful nature experiences as painful. As long as the sinful nature resists Love, it burns and feels pain, and wastes away. God is Love, but unfortunately some people experience His Love as painful.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He, is full of Mercy, full Of Grace, Mighty to Save, I wish I were more a model of this.

nothing implied towards you.
Nothing implied toward me even though you quoted me?

I completely agree that God is full of mercy and mighty to save. I'm a living example of this!

But sadly, as Jesus said, most will choose the wide road that leads to destruction. Those who refuse God's offer of salvation by grace through faith in Jesus Christ will suffer "eternal punishment," just as Jesus said. I'm sure this breaks His heart much more than it breaks mine or yours. :(

Last edited:

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nothing implied toward me even though you quoted me?

I completely agree that God is full of mercy and mighty to save. I'm a living example of this! But sadly, as Jesus said, most will choose the wide road to destruction. Those who refuse God's offer of salvation by grace through faith in Jesus Christ will suffer eternal punishment, just as Jesus said. I'm sure this breaks His heart much more than it breaks mine or yours. :(
I was quoting the scripture you posted about withholding from the least of these, sorry I wasn’t clearer.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It could be that some people will burn until they stop relishing the idea of others burning in pain eternally and until all impure ideas about God are consumed in the flames. (He who digs a pit shall fall into it?)

Me? I see the fires of hell favorably. They burn away what isn't worth saving. I think a saint, if perfected, could walk through hell without the least problem. I think the fire in hell are actually flames of Love -- which the sinful nature experiences as painful. As long as the sinful nature resists Love, it burns and feels pain, and wastes away. God is Love, but unfortunately some people experience His Love as painful.
I like this concept, maybe if this could happen more would be rescued from the fire?

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I like this concept, maybe if this could happen more would be rescued from the fire?
You like this unscriptural concept?? Preaching this to the lost would not do them any favors. Only the truth sets people free.

Sugarcoating the truth is the same as lying. All lies come from the father of lies--that lying serpent that beguiled Eve.

Reactions: marks

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You like this unscriptural concept?? Preaching this to the lost would not do them any favors. Only the truth sets people free.

Sugarcoating the truth is the same as lying. All lies come from the father of lies--that lying serpent that beguiled Eve.

yes the concept where a consuming fire burns away everything about me that is unfavorable in the eyes of God.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
KJV Ezekiel 33
11 Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel?

So what is it. How do we understand what God is saying here?
A. God has no pleasure in the death of the wicked, therefore He shall keep them
alive for all eternity in torment or
B. God has no pleasure in the death of the wicked so He pleads that we repent and turn away from all that could destroy us before our probation is up.

There is no third option... Salvation is between life and death. One or the other.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
KJV Ezekiel 33
11 Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel?
God has no pleasure in the lost going to hell! As the Son, He suffered beyond what we can imagine so that all could come to Him for salvation. Just as Jesus wept over Jerusalem, I'm sure that He has wept over the lost, as I have for His sake.

I am you sister in Christ, not your enemy!

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Revelation 21:8--But the cowards, unbelievers, vile, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars — their share will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.”
You are still equating life and death as similes instead of opposites. That second death... What is it...
KJV Revelation 20
9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
like they one when he told them they wouldn't really die?

Death is a state of separation.

Adam and Eve were separated from fellowship with God THAT DAY, meaning they died spiritually. Their biological clocks began to wind down toward death THAT DAY as they were prevented from eating from the Tree of Life.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think most will come out of the fire. I believe, unfortunately for them, if they lost a member, they can't regrow it. Presently, we can grow new members if we give up sinful members. Conditions will change -- there is no more sea -- so some will remain incomplete without further chances to become complete. Thus they will not be able to enter the Holy City.

Matthew 13:47 Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a net, that was cast into the sea, and gathered of every kind:
48 Which, when it was full, they drew to shore, and sat down, and gathered the good into vessels, but cast the bad away.
49 So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just,
50 And shall cast them into the furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

I think the kingdom has always been like a net where what was good was kept and preserved while the bad was cast back into the sea -- for recycling. Maybe the next time it is caught in the net, it will be worth saving. So it goes until the sea will be no more. Then what is not worth saving will be cast into the furnace of fire.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is what @Giuliano is saying, it has no power.
What he is saying contradicts what Jesus said. I'll go with Jesus every time!

I don't take everything I read on this forum at face value because I have no way of knowing who is who. I have no doubt that some are posting under more than one username. I believe this is deceptive, but there you have it....

Status
Not open for further replies.