EGO

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
EGO

Oh let me sing the song of me
so it has preference over thee

My flawless right asserts itself
to judge you more than God himself

Coveted titles worn with pride
to put all others in their stride

Professor, Doctor, Your Holiness and more
bow down to me or there’s the door

This polished self so well informed
corrects the errors of your norms

Advice flows freely from my pen
So you can tell how right I am!

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
EGO

Sounds like a good poem for the "Watch Tower And Tract Society"?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It was supper time, in fact the last supper for Jesus with his mates. Yes, there were tensions among them. Who was going to be deputy to the man capable of feeding thousands from a lunch pack and raising the dead particularly one man who was already on the nose.
Inspite of the evidence that all had witnessed one of them figured this man wasn’t leadership material and decided to cash in on it.
And others jostling for a place had the gall to elbow their way boldly asking the question directly through Mama.
Resentments unspoken were simmering, if we don’t get in first who knows, we could end up as the bottle washer.
Jesus surveying the scene and knowing how things will shortly unfold gets up and silently disrobes, throws a towel around his waist and proceeds to do what bottle washers usually do. Yeah, he stoops down and starts the cleaning process.
The self estimated hot shot is confirmed in his decision to make a buck. This is embarrassing, what sort of a kingdom is this going to turn out as?
The others, stunned into silence take it in. One of them objects but is soon back peddling. Even his enthusiasm could not stop him from betrayal.

Yes, his kingdom had a foundation not built on ego. It cuts me to the quick that the path of humility spoken of so easily undresses all my favourite things.

Last edited:
Reactions: brakelite and Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
EGO

It is so easy to see it in someone else, but over look our own hearts. ✟

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I used to think that the world hated us because of our commitment to love others.....

Now, I think the hatred also includes the awkwardness people with strong egos have around people who have overthrown the old man and are choosing to actively live from their truth self. For the people with strong ego, it can be unnerving to connect with people who seem to have no identity. What do you talk about? How do you grab on to similarities? What separates this egoless person from the crowd? For the Christian, our identity needs to be defined by loving others, not false identities. Our saltiness is not opnion, it is the action of loving God and neighbor.

Americans are addicted to their identity/ego and do not know how to just simply ‘be present’ with other people - we seem to have to yammer on and on with one opinion after another - silence is avoided like death.

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Ezekiel 16 48 "As I live, saith the Lord God, Sodom thy sister hath not done, she nor her daughters, as thou hast done, thou and thy daughters.
Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy."