Elon Musk: "Time Does NOT Exist! James Webb Telescope Proves Us Wrong!"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
We will eat the fruit from the Tree of Life, month after month, but there is no more night.

Rev 22:1-2 Then the angel showed me a river of the water of life, as clear as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb (2) down the middle of the main street of the city. On either side of the river stood a tree of life, bearing twelve kinds of fruit and yielding a fresh crop for each month. And the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations.

Rev 22:5 There will be no more night in the city, and they will have no need for the light of a lamp or of the sun. For the Lord God will shine on them, and they will reign forever and ever.
No more night in the city, but the city is on the new earth...will there be night outside the city? I assume we will live outside the city, but have an apartment or some such to stay in when we come to visit and worship.
KJV Isaiah 66:22-23
22 For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain.
23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is your premise right? The equation that links distance, velocity and time together is

Distance travelled in the defined time period at a fixed velocity equals the constant velocity that the object is moving at by the time interval being considered.

That is

S = V x T.​

From this equation we can only get

T = S / V​

It seems to me that you have found a new law that does not make sense unless you write it as: -

1 / T = V / S.​
Perhaps you may need to go back to school.
s-l1600.png

• Haha
Reactions: Jay Ross

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
By the formula, then, t=v/s. If velocity is zero then the whole equation is undefined. We have got to have some kind of movement in order to measure time.
Whether we measure stuff in the universe or not (or can measure it accurately) should not affect much. If man could not measure the 8 seconds or whatever it is that light takes to get from the moon to earth would not it still take 8 seconds? A little bit like if a squirrel fell from a tree and no one saw it, would that mean it never really fell?

Wick Stick

Sep 21, 2023
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wrong. Time is a concept with proper application. The definition of time is motion, the change in position. If things did not move, there would be no time in application and time would be "only" a concept.
That's a good definition, but you should include duration as well as position.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's a good definition, but you should include duration as well as position.
Thanks. Duration is the measure of the change in position. Normally, we take step function positions, by default, rather than continuous functions. For example, while the sun's movement across the sky is continuous, we tend to measure discreet step functions, such as rise, noon and set. Before the advent of railroads, noon was defined as the time when the sun was directly overhead (or not rising or setting).

An often difficult concept to separate is a thing from a measure or source of a thing. For instance, lakes and rivers are sources of water but they are not water. Temperature is a measure of heat but it is not heat.

Another example from politics is income. Sales and wages are source of income but they are not income, which is a gain. Inflation is defined as an increase in the money supply (relative to economic activity) but is measured by a change in the price of a basket of goods. In the book, End the Fed by Ron Paul, he analyzed business cycles and found people focus on the bust not not the cause of the boom.

The boom was often artifically created by inflation, an increase in the money supply. For instance, there was a movement in the housing market to lend to minorities on the grounds that they were discriminated against. This caused the boom. When the individuals with bad credit acted as bad money managers, not paying their bills, it lead to the bust in the early part of this century. (I know this is deviating from the main topic but is still fascinating.)