Elon Musk: "Time Does NOT Exist! James Webb Telescope Proves Us Wrong!"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This formula also makes mass eternal stuff not dependent on time …

Mass (m) = Energy (E/c2)

Reactions: ButterflyJones

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe eternity is in existence and time is only a concept that will come and go with mankind.

For thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity... - Isaiah 57:15

And the angel which I saw stand upon the sea and upon the earth lifted up his hand to heaven, And sware by him that liveth for ever and ever, who created heaven, and the things that therein are, and the earth, and the things that therein are, and the sea, and the things which are therein, that there should be time no longer: - Revelation 10:5-6

As far as mass..

Mass (m) = Energy (E/c2)

Who knows how many times in eternity the mass has changed to plasma and the plasma back to mass? Even if there was a big bang there was mass at the start of the event that could of changed forms many times beforehand. To say that the mass just sat there in eternity is a product of our finite mind..

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
time is only a concept
Wrong. Time is a concept with proper application. The definition of time is motion, the change in position. If things did not move, there would be no time in application and time would be "only" a concept.

You presented an equation involving energy. Now, let's examine the technical definition of energy, which is synonymous with work.
In physics, work is the energy transferred to or from an object via the application of force along a displacement. In its simplest form, for a constant force aligned with the direction of motion, the work equals the product of the force strength and the distance traveled.

W = F x D

F = m x a

a = d(dD)^2/d(t)^2

The "D" in the work formula is actually d(D)/dt. So, putting it all together, Energy or work is all about Force over time.

W = [m x d(dD)^2/d(t)^2] x d(D)/dt

Even m, mass, is not devoid of a time dimension. Mass is made up of atoms, which have electrons orbiting a nucleus. "Orbit" is another d(D)/dt, change in position with respect to time.

From a practical perspective, see if nothing happens if you don't pay your taxes on time, don't go to work on time, don't eat over time. A woman changes state from unpregnant to pregnant and in time delivers a baby. Humans exist in time. That is, humans exist in a universe in which existence if temporal, where a change in position (motion) exists. If time did not exist, prison would not exist.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The V = S/ T formula where..

V = Velocity
S = Distance
T = Time

By the formula, then, T= V/S. If velocity is zero then the whole equation is undefined. We have got to have some kind of movement in order to measure time.

To say there was a big bang is to say there was no time before such an event.

Reactions: Wrangler

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe eternity is in existence and time is only a concept that will come and go with mankind.

For thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity... - Isaiah 57:15

And the angel which I saw stand upon the sea and upon the earth lifted up his hand to heaven, And sware by him that liveth for ever and ever, who created heaven, and the things that therein are, and the earth, and the things that therein are, and the sea, and the things which are therein, that there should be time no longer: - Revelation 10:5-6

As far as mass..

Mass (m) = Energy (E/c2)

Who knows how many times in eternity the mass has changed to plasma and the plasma back to mass? Even if there was a big bang there was mass at the start of the event that could of changed forms many times beforehand. To say that the mass just sat there in eternity is a product of our finite mind..
Plasma has mass and energy. There is no difference. A plasma is made of particles of mass and has energy.

Time does exist. It is a way for us to learn from our past and make better decisions for the future or today.

Although there is some support for a rythm that ticks for a dimensional axis that could be time. Such that a timer circuit is similar to a clock cycle that moves us along a 4th axis. Therefore time might be a 4th or higher axis together with a clock ticking. Or like a movie frames of the 4th axis. Moving from one frame to the next.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's important to note that in 3-dimensional space, a 4th axis provides a hidden distance between two identical points in 3-dimensional space. This concept easily explains time if there is a switching progression of 3-dimensional frames.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By the formula, then, t=v/s. If velocity is zero then the whole equation is undefined. We have got to have some kind of movement in order to measure time. Would that be because we have electron clouds circulating protons? And that it would be impossible for mass not to have movement? And to have mass just sitting there in the eternities before the Big Bang?

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By the formula, then, t=v/s. If velocity is zero then the whole equation is undefined. We have got to have some kind of movement in order to measure time. Would that be because we have electron clouds circulating protons? And that it would be impossible for mass not to have movement? And to have mass just sitting there in the eternities before the Big Bang?
Actually that's the equation for acceleration, a=v/t which is change in velocity per second.

We must remember relativity plays a role in velocity relationships. To understand this do a simple thought experiment. Imagine you're a single particle of the smallest makeup standing in empty space with no other particles around, would you say you either do or don't have a velocity? It is impossible to determine a velocity without a second particle. Therefore velocity is always measured between two bodies of motion, and that brings relativity into focus.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Is your premise right? The equation that links distance, velocity and time together is

Distance travelled in the defined time period at a fixed velocity equals the constant velocity that the object is moving at by the time interval being considered.

That is

S = V x T.​

From this equation we can only get

T = S / V​

It seems to me that you have found a new law that does not make sense unless you write it as: -

1 / T = V / S.​
Perhaps you may need to go back to school.

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
It's important to note that in 3-dimensional space, a 4th axis provides a hidden distance between two identical points in 3-dimensional space. This concept easily explains time if there is a switching progression of 3-dimensional frames.
I like this, @dev553344

Space and all objects wth spatial dimensions cannot exist without time. Without time events in space have no duration and therefore no presence revelation.

Reactions: dev553344

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was writing that on a cell phone and admittingly did not think the post out. I am born in the middle of eternity in a space and a time. Taking my stab at it and failing. And agreeing with King Solomon…

12 And further, by these, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh.
13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.
14 For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil. Ecclesiastes 12

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I was writing that on a cell phone and admittingly did not think the post out. I am born in the middle of eternity in a space and a time. Taking my stab at it and failing. And agreeing with King Solomon…

12 And further, by these, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh.
13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.
14 For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil. Ecclesiastes 12
My Chatbot gave me this:

#The phrase "God has put eternity in our hearts" is found in the Bible, in the book of Ecclesiastes 3:11. It means that God has given us a sense inside of us that there is more to life¹. This verse also says that God has made everything beautiful and appropriate in its time and has planted eternity [a sense of divine purpose] in the human heart [a mysterious longing which nothing under the sun can satisfy, except God]—yet man cannot find out (comprehend, grasp) what God has done (His overall plan) from the beginning to the end². Is there anything else you would like to know about this topic?

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I am humbled by the scientists and their presentations on this thread, and by no means will attempt to match them with with wits. I am a simple fellow with a simple view... If there is past, present, and future, then there must be time. I would not presume to think there is no concept in heaven of memory (past), experience (present), or expectation (future). I see no reason, but then I am not a scientist, to believe time and eternity cannot coexist together in harmony. Somehow.

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I am humbled by the scientists and their presentations on this thread, and by no means will attempt to match them with with wits. I am a simple fellow with a simple view... If there is past, present, and future, then there must be time. I would not presume to think there is no concept in heaven of memory (past), experience (present), or expectation (future). I see no reason, but then I am not a scientist, to believe time and eternity cannot coexist together in harmony. Somehow.
According to my research into physics, velocity and time are affected by each other. The term "Time is relative" means that the rate at which time passes depends on the frame of reference of an observer. According to Einstein's theories of relativity, time is affected by speed and gravity. The faster an object moves, or the closer it is to a massive object, the slower time passes for it. This phenomenon is called time dilation. Time is relative for the speed of light to be constant in all frames of reference.

A hypothetical scenario is of a traveler with the capacity to maintain infinite velocity also having the capacity to be anywhere and everywhere in no time at all. That is, it takes no time to travel from point A to point B, so the traveler can be at both points in the same moment, as if the time normally taken for such a transfer is subtracted.

Reactions: Brakelite

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
According to my research into physics, velocity and time are affected by each other. The term "Time is relative" means that the rate at which time passes depends on the frame of reference of an observer. According to Einstein's theories of relativity, time is affected by speed and gravity. The faster an object moves, or the closer it is to a massive object, the slower time passes for it. This phenomenon is called time dilation. Time is relative for the speed of light to be constant in all frames of reference.

A hypothetical scenario is of a traveler with the capacity to maintain infinite velocity also having the capacity to be anywhere and everywhere in no time at all. That is, it takes no time to travel from point A to point B, so the traveler can be at both points in the same moment, as if the time normally taken for such a transfer is subtracted.
I don't doubt there are nuances and some very weird and wonderful facets of time and space, the stuff of physics, that man sees certain evidence for, but the explanation thereof is at best subjective.
Like quantum entanglement and the butterfly effect. Fascinating stuff, but I prefer to contextualize these things into human relationships, how the smallest smile on our part can change the day, even the life, of another.
Many on forums such as this take little or no thought on the impact, whether positive or negative, their posts, and the underlying attitude and spirit in which the post is presented, has on other human beings for which Christ died. A kind word, a smiley face, even a 'like', can alter the course of events of someone reading who hasn't even themselves posted as much as one comment. Even perhaps having eternal consequences. Now that's quantum engagement I can better understand. :)

Reactions: Stumpmaster

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Does

Affect us more the older we get? Seems to me that time is going much faster the more I slow down. :contemplate:
Apparently the older we get and the more familiar we are with everything, the less attention we devote to the time process, and it just flies by, and slips away. :eek:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Plasma has mass and energy. There is no difference. A plasma is made of particles of mass and has energy.

Time does exist. It is a way for us to learn from our past and make better decisions for the future or today.

Although there is some support for a rythm that ticks for a dimensional axis that could be time. Such that a timer circuit is similar to a clock cycle that moves us along a 4th axis. Therefore time might be a 4th or higher axis together with a clock ticking. Or like a movie frames of the 4th axis. Moving from one frame to the next.
I think of time as being our manner of perceiving sequence and duration. In John's vision we see heavenly events having sequence and duration, also in the new heaven and new earth. And also after this heaven and earth are gone, during the judgment.

Much love!

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I think of time as being our manner of perceiving sequence and duration. In John's vision we see heavenly events having sequence and duration, also in the new heaven and new earth. And also after this heaven and earth are gone, during the judgment.

Much love!
We will eat the fruit from the Tree of Life, month after month, but there is no more night.

Rev 22:1-2 Then the angel showed me a river of the water of life, as clear as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb (2) down the middle of the main street of the city. On either side of the river stood a tree of life, bearing twelve kinds of fruit and yielding a fresh crop for each month. And the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations.

Rev 22:5 There will be no more night in the city, and they will have no need for the light of a lamp or of the sun. For the Lord God will shine on them, and they will reign forever and ever.

Reactions: marks

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Apparently the older we get and the more familiar we are with everything, the less attention we devote to the time process, and it just flies by, and slips away. :eek:
Mmm. Yet I'm a bus driver operating to a time table. But I do get your point. Like I said to my wife a few days ago on the way to a Bible study with the neighbors..."see you in an hour or so"... Two and a half hours later...

• Haha