Enigma

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pax

Feb 6, 2008
Actually, I'm totally baffled. :confused: Basically my hype regards the Christian community as a whole. Why is it there's so much discrepancy within and amognst Christians? Shouldn't we all as Christian believers, followers, brethren... all be in accordance?It seems we're not!It has always puzzled me as to why we have so many opposing views among ourselves, as to what the truth about the New Testament is or should be etc.... I mean, why do we have so many different translations? There are mountains of different 'opinions' to desipher!...all with thier own individual 'translations' and/or 'interpretations'...and quite honestly?...it's worse than the 'Tower of Babel' !!!We have Catholics and Protestants, also Baptist, Mormon, Angliacan, Jehova's Witness, Lutherans, Orthodox, Apostolic...etc...and the list goes on...and on...not to mention the vast amount of different Bible translations available according to...what?... choice???It's no wonder then, we have Muslims claiming we are inconsistant when it's obvious we are in conflict within ourselves...they are right to say so, 'cos we obviously are! It seems to me ,none of us... (Christians) are in total agreement with each other, with our beliefs or in how we interpret the Bible. Here IMO is the crux of the matter......HOW WE INTERPRET THE BIBLEIn other words, how are those certain translations we personally choose to adhere by are genuine!... or are just marked by someone elses view point...someone who verbally or literally gifted and able to offer their own 'interpretation' of what the truth is!Yes, a certain point to my post is why, most references I have read so far, are mainly geared toward the King James Version. Does this mean all other Christian translations are to be disregarded? And if so why?I am a bit of a Thomas by nature...

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
Here IMO is the crux of the matter......HOW WE INTERPRET THE BIBLE
Hello Pax:Yes I agree with you here. And I have my own interpretations that the next fellow may not agree with. But generally, unless it is something major regarding the essentials of the faith (that most Christians agree on away), I don't make it a reason not to fellowship or even talk with an individual. As a matter of fact, to show my tolerance, I go to a denomination what traditionally does not believe all that I do. People may ask, "Why do you go there?" Well, why not? I'm not disfellowshipping those believers; if there is any split, they have to make the first move. But at the same time, I will also state what I believe. I heard their half, and I suppose they can hear mine, and maybe we can learn from each other. Even the apostle Paul stated we prophesy in part. No one person has all the answers. No reason to get all defensive.