entire sanctification is an obtainable goal.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A spiritual fetus has not yet come out of the womb; it has not been born.

It has Spiritual life

I am pointing out that faith comes before becoming born again. Because we receive the Holy Spirit after that we have believed.

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Now, don't underestimate the power of the holy scriptures. God said that they will not return to Him void. Of course, they may not accomplish the will of the one quoting them necessarily; however, they will accomplish the will of the One who sent them (Isaiah 55:10-11).
I concur. Paul remarked on those who were preaching out of jealousy and envy, in which he said, "At least the gospel is being preached, so don't worry too much about them." He wasn't fazed about competition on his patch. So, it is quite possible for God to honour His word, even though He might not support the person who is quoting it.

Or, they may go away from the preaching saying, "What a horrible sinner I must be; and how much in need of a Saviour!"
I agree. I forgot to mention that this is a definite effect of some preaching in the gospel in the power of the Holy Spirit. Of course conviction can have two results - the Philippian jailor who cried out, "Sirs what must I do to be saved?" and the crowd who were cut to the heart through Stephen's preaching and in a violent frenzy stoned him to death.

Reactions: justbyfaith