Entitled to my opinion....so there!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

John Caldwell

Apr 12, 2019
North Augusta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And what if the defense is totally bogus, but you still believe you are defending it adequately? All those who hold to false beliefs assume that they are defending them, when in fact they are simply repeating the *mantras* taught by their religious groups.
That is the reason for debate and argument (to examine the defense). Opposing sides always see the opponents evidence as bogus. But that's where the argument has to be. If you are able to demonstrate the evidence wrong then the opinion really does not matter.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I keep thinking of C. S. Lewis. His works, I suppose, have had an impact on how I think.

I think we can hold an opinion or belief only Insofar as we can defend that view.
I think that's proper.

I don't actually want to think something that I don't have what I believe to be sound reason to think.

That's what's led me to such intensive study for so many years to make certain the promises of God.

Much love!

Reactions: John Caldwell