Episodes

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have episodes I'm trying to figure out. I get dizzy, severe fatigue and my hallucinations get out of control. My neurologist thinks they might have a migraine component. Anyways they are disabling and I eventually end up sleeping them off. Each episode lasts about 4 hours and I get about 10 per month. It's not schizophrenic in nature which is something I suffer from. But my psychologist said it's not something she has heard of before.

Any ways I'm seeing the neurologist soon and could use some prayers to figure out what it is. Hopefully the neurologist will be able to diagnose it. Thanks.

Father, I thank you that Jesus took stripes for our healing. Please heal the hallucinations and dizzy spells that Devin553344 suffers from in Jesus name'. I thank you that you are willing and able to help.

Amen.

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I talked with my psychiatrist and he doesn't think the episodes are vestibular migraines really but didn't say they couldn't be. Since they are accompanied by hallucinations. But I don't think they are either.

He is going to put me on a daily med for it to see if that helps. Hopefully that will help.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I talked with my psychiatrist and he doesn't think the episodes are vestibular migraines really but didn't say they couldn't be. Since they are accompanied by hallucinations. But I don't think they are either.

He is going to put me on a daily med for it to see if that helps. Hopefully that will help.
@devin553344 Good to focus on prayer and Bible reading, right? but also not to stop taking one's prescribed medication...

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@devin553344 Good to focus on prayer and Bible reading, right? but also not to stop taking one's prescribed medication...
Yes I have schizophrenia so I can't stop taking my medications. He added another onto the one I'm already taking.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did some research on my own and found a description that matches my symptoms. They appear to be a seizure aura:

They might include changes to your thoughts, senses, or awareness like:

• Flashing or flickering lights, blurry vision, dark spots, partial vision loss, or seeing things that aren’t there
  • A feeling of deja vu, panic, or detachment
  • Hearing voices or buzzing, ringing, or drumming sounds
  • Unusual, typically unpleasant smells
  • Sudden acidic, bitter, salty, sweet, or metallic tastes
  • A sudden strong emotion like joy, sadness, fear, or anger
Anyways, that's what I wanted to do is identify what these are so that I might get treated for them. I will talk to my neurologist about that. She has mis-diognosed me so far. So I will have to describe them better.

But partial seizures only last 2 mins. And my episodes last 2-4 hours so they're something else but similar.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wynona

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Update: I met with the neurologist and she kinda looked at epileptic seizure but said she didn't want to investigate it that way because of various reasons. The end result of the meeting was that she indicated it's like a schizophrenic symptom. Which is what the psychiatrist said. So there is something strange that is wrong with my brain and brain chemistry. It's not a normal symptom of schizophrenia and has features like a seizure.

So I'm trying some daily meds from the psychiatrist to help prevent or lessen the symptoms.