Had episodes of lack of oxygen to my brain

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow, I had like three episodes where my brain felt like it wasn't getting enough oxygen and I was going to collapse. It was really severe, then afterwards my brain got hot for a few minutes. It was on the weekend so I went to the walk-in clinic. The doctor read my meds and probably realized I was a schizophrenic and just told me it was from meds or neurological and sent me packing. No tests and nothing accomplished except a stroke test physically checking that my arms still worked.

Now I contacted my neurologist who was out on weekend at the time. Who knows maybe she'll take me seriously.

Honestly the medical care schizophrenics get is sometimes crap.

Cheers!

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow, I had like three episodes where my brain felt like it wasn't getting enough oxygen and I was going to collapse. It was really severe, then afterwards my brain got hot for a few minutes. It was on the weekend so I went to the walk-in clinic. The doctor read my meds and probably realized I was a schizophrenic and just told me it was from meds or neurological and sent me packing. No tests and nothing accomplished except a stroke test physically checking that my arms still worked.

Now I contacted my neurologist who was out on weekend at the time. Who knows maybe she'll take me seriously.

Cheers!
Afib cuts off the oxygen. And the weather dreams is what happens to a people who turn their back on The Lord. Force the air in through your mouth when this happens, otherwise one can pass out. Afib is hard to diagnos as an episode has to be caught to confirm. Even wearing a monitor can miss it as it comes and gos. There is devise on tv that can be purchased that can pick up an irregular heartbeat.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Afib cuts off the oxygen. And the weather dreams is what happens to a people who turn their back on The Lord. Force the air in through your mouth when this happens, otherwise one can pass out. Afib is hard to diagnos as an episode has to be caught to confirm. Even wearing a monitor can miss it as it comes and gos. There is devise on tv that can be purchased that can pick up an irregular heartbeat.
You may be right about the Afib, I sent a message to my doctor asking him if it could be AFIB. Waiting for a response.

Last edited:
Reactions: GTW27

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
AT first they do not believe you and down play it until it is proved.
I think that would mean another heart monitor. But the episodes have been so far between (several months) that I'm not sure they would catch it yet. Perhaps not unless it gets much worse.

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think that would mean another heart monitor. But the episodes have been so far between (several months) that I'm not sure they would catch it yet. Perhaps not unless it gets much worse.
To me back then the heart monitor thing was a money making thing for them on insurance companies. They now have a device we can buy(improved technology) that you put 2 fingers on and it detects afib. That way when an episode happens you can see what your heart is doing. I do not know if it records what it finds but I would think it would (2023). I have found myself that there is a certain feeling that happens before an episode.This device might even rule out afib for you, but it sure sounds like it.Hope this helps ya Blessings.

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To me back then the heart monitor thing was a money making thing for them on insurance companies. They now have a device we can buy(improved technology) that you put 2 fingers on and it detects afib. That way when an episode happens you can see what your heart is doing. I do not know if it records what it finds but I would think it would (2023). I have found myself that there is a certain feeling that happens before an episode.This device might even rule out afib for you, but it sure sounds like it.Hope this helps ya Blessings.
Thanks for the info. I will look for the device and see how much it costs.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm praying for you Devin.
Have you had any dizziness or high BP?
Your doctor should be able to give you a script for this device if it is needed. Many insurances, especially if on Medicare, would cover all or some of the cost. Worth a phone call...?

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm praying for you Devin.
Have you had any dizziness or high BP?
Your doctor should be able to give you a script for this device if it is needed. Many insurances, especially if on Medicare, would cover all or some of the cost. Worth a phone call...?
I'm seeing my doctor in a couple days. So far the neurologist just recommended more exercise and hydration and such. I'm getting the schizo treatment from her I'm afraid. She's not taking me seriously.

• Sad
Reactions: Nancy

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Cheers!
Why do you think you suffer from Schizophrenia?

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was diagnosed with it in 2001 but it started in 1997.
Sorry to hear.

Have you sought a second or third opinion after all these years?
What was thought to be Schizophrenia in the 90's could be something else in 21st century medicine.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry to hear.

Have you sought a second or third opinion after all these years?
What was thought to be Schizophrenia in the 90's could be something else in 21st century medicine.
I'm sure. I came off my meds after about 8 years of being on them and it was a disaster. Boy talk about a big mistake.

• Sad
Reactions: BlessedPeace

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm seeing my doctor in a couple days. So far the neurologist just recommended more exercise and hydration and such. I'm getting the schizo treatment from her I'm afraid. She's not taking me seriously.
If she does not take you seriously, take a last look at her in your rear view mirror! Life is way too short for such nonsense! She can't be the only doctor out there?
Well, I wish you the best outcome, and pray that God would have any and all docs find favor with you.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dev, I recommend getting a smart watch that can monitor your pulse in real time. If you see your heart rate jumping around, that's an indicator of AFib. Look for a standard deviation of the beat-to beat times of 150msec or more. My Apple watch caught my AFib that way. (I'm on medication for it now.)

Reactions: Nancy and dev553344

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dev, I recommend getting a smart watch that can monitor your pulse in real time. If you see your heart rate jumping around, that's an indicator of AFib. Look for a standard deviation of the beat-to beat times of 150msec or more. My Apple watch caught my AFib that way. (I'm on medication for it now.)
Does AFib symptoms feel like your heart sometimes does a backflip?

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does AFib symptoms feel like your heart sometimes does a backflip?
I remember the first time, it felt like I was slightly...off-kilter. Mildly dizzy. I went to a cardiologist, and he put the Holter monitor on me which confirmed it.

Subsequent AFib episodes, I didn't feel a thing. If my smart watch hadn't told me my heart was jumping all over the place, I wouldn't have suspected anything was wrong. That's why they refer to AFib as "the silent killer".

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@dev553344 You can have it checked out. Another possibility could be an episode of severe anxiety or a panic attack. If a person freaks out when it occurs, it only escalates.

Reactions: Nancy and dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@dev553344 You can have it checked out. Another possibility could be an episode of severe anxiety or a panic attack. If a person freaks out when it occurs, it only escalates.
No I don't have panic attacks anymore. I did at one point in my life so I know what they feel like.

Reactions: Nancy and Debp

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
thanks, I'll check into it.