Eternal Life is a Harvest Reaped by Doers of Good

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes Jesus' saved us and he sustains us but no where does it say that we do not have to obey him.

He summed up all the commandments with, A new commandment I give you, Love one another as I have Loved you.'

Do you? I know I don't..

Failure to live the unlovely in a costly sacrificial way is disobeying Jesus.

It means we are not demonstrating our love for him.

I tell you, unless your righteousness surpasses that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will not enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Peace be with you!

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just want to clarify for everyone that no one gets born again / regenerated / renewed by doing a good work or even many good works.

We are regenerated and renewed "not by works of righteousness which we have done" (Titus 3:5).

If I give $5 to the poor, or even $5,000,000, that is not going to perform the work in my heart that we find described in Ezekiel 36:25-27.

However, once that work has been performed within me, I will be inclined to give money to the poor as the Spirit leads. And if I don't ever give money to the poor after that work is performed in me, it does not change the fact that the work has been done in me, if in fact it has been done in me.

I do believe that we obtain assurance, not by telling ourselves that certain verses in the Bible apply to us; but that the Holy Spirit bears witness with our spirit that we are the children of God (Romans 8:16).

Sounds good but what if I commit a bad sin, die suddenly of a heart attack and never had the Luck to have repented Of my bad sin....am I damned ?

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well men walk in the flesh as you are. Born again Christians don't act like men, they try to act like Jesus and practice walking in the Spirit. But you can act like carnal man - your choice.
That was a quote from Paul's own words to the Church. LOL Do you want him and the Church in the flesh too? No? Stop placing me there too thank you very much.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why wouldnt one repent of a 'bad sin' ?

Shall we presume upon Jesus' mercy?

Peace be with you!

JBF knows why I am asking the question .....he has always said that if you don’t repent of all of your sins before you die,you will go to Hell....no matter what you do....no matter what you believe....Repenting Of All Of your Sins Trump’s everything else....he is not nearly as bold about it as he used to be .....he prefers to put up “ smoke- screens” these days and turns himself into a pretzel as he Twists multiple Scriptures to conform to his Hog- Wash Doctrine Of “ Lucky Repentance”.....

Riverwalker

Apr 20, 2021
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Salvation is a gift. It is not earned.

Romans 8 Goes on to tell us that the LAW justified no one
8 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death. 3 For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh, 4 that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.

Ephesians 2 Says it is a gift and not of works
8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast.

To think you can earn salvation is nothing but pride.

Fall on your knees confess your weakness and God will make you strong

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

8 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death. 3 For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh, 4 that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.

8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Respond to the OP.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I cited passages that teach eternal life is a repayment for good deeds. Where are your responses to those passages? Nowhere to be found.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Blood Bought 1953
@Philip James
Blood Bought 1953 wrote: Sounds good but what if I commit a bad sin, die suddenly of a heart attack and never had the Luck to have repented Of my bad sin....am I damned ?

Why wouldnt one repent of a 'bad sin' ?

Shall we presume upon Jesus' mercy?

Peace be with you!
If one is striving for God but stumbles and sins, will God strike down that man with no opportunity to repent? It is not like the man who plans out his sin presuming that he will have time to repent before he dies and the last opportunity is lost. God is wiser than all of us, is He not?

Is this what Paul is talking about here?

"There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it." I Cor 10:13

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That was a quote from Paul's own words to the Church. LOL Do you want him and the Church in the flesh too? No? Stop placing me there too thank you very much.
You have a position that you placed yourself in, thinking one can possibly earn their way to heaven.
It is as if Christ's sacrifice was not enough.
When you take communion, what do you think about? How can you thank God for His sacrifice, the gift of eternal life if it is something you dont believe you possess yet?

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have a position that you placed yourself in, thinking one can possibly earn their way to heaven.
It is as if Christ's sacrifice was not enough.
When you take communion, what do you think about? How can you thank God for His sacrifice, the gift of eternal life if it is something you dont believe you possess yet?
Answer the OP--Scripture teaches eternal life is a repayment for good deeds.

Riverwalker

Apr 20, 2021
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I cited passages that teach eternal life is a repayment for good deeds. Where are your responses to those passages? Nowhere to be found.

You are cherry picking scriptures and taking them out of context. That is why I quoted Romans saying that our good deeds cannot save us.

If we could work our way into heaven, then what do we need Jesus For
There is much I would like to say you, but the norms of this Forum forbid it.

So let me just say that you are wrong, and fearfully purposefully so

Galatians 5:4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace