Eternal Life is a Harvest Reaped by Doers of Good

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are cherry picking scriptures and taking them out of context. That is why I quoted Romans saying that our good deeds cannot save us.

If we could work our way into heaven, then what do we need Jesus For
There is much I would like to say you, but the norms of this Forum forbid it.

So let me just say that you are wrong, and fearfully purposefully so

Galatians 5:4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace
So you reject Scripture and you're at peace with that? Interesting.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, it teaches that salvation is by grace through faith, it is a gift, not by works so no one can boast.
I did address the OP, and have been thus far.
You have not at all answered for how these passages fit into your system. Not at all. You may deflect and quote a DIFFERENT Scripture but you DO NOT tell me you believe eternal life is a repayment for good works as the Scriptures cited state.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...but you DO NOT tell me you believe eternal life is a repayment for good works as the Scriptures cited state.
Eternal life is a gift. A gift is not earned. Did someone ever give you a gift that you had to earn? Gifts are given freely with no strings attached. Rewards are given for the Good works which are already prepared for us to do [AFTER WE HAVE ALREADY ENTERED INTO CHRIST/ETERNITY]; and GOD DOES THE WORK THROUGH US. We cooperate and He graciously gives us a well done good and faithful servant and rewards - but we are already saved NOW. Capisce?

Last edited:

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Eternal life is a gift. A gift is not earned. Did someone ever give you a gift that you had to earn? Gifts are giben freeky with no strings attached. Rewards are given for the Good works which are already prepared for us to do [AFTER WE HAVE ALREADY ENTERED INTO CHRIST/ETERNITY]; and GOD DOES THE WORK THROUGH US. We cooperate and He graciously gives us a well done good and faithful servant and rewards - but we are already saved NOW. Capisce?
I didn't ask you to rattle off your preformed beliefs but to give a response to the Scriptures cited which teach explicitly eternal life is a repayment for good deeds at the eschatological judgment--God will repay every man according to their deeds... eternal life Romans 2:6-7

Last edited:

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Eternal life is GOD'S GIFT to the one who believes on Christ. It is not a reward for doing good.
So, your way of dealing with Romans 2:6-7 and Galatians 6:6-10 is to ignore them.
All right. That's "interesting".

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So, your way of dealing with Romans 2:6-7 and Galatians 6:6-10 is to ignore them.
There is a difference between ignoring and rightly dividing the Word of truth. So let's take a closer look at one of those passages: Who will render to every man according to his deeds: To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:

On the surface it would appear that according to this passage eternal life is a reward for doing good. But since the Bible cannot contradict itself, we need to place alongside this passage the ones which say that eternal life is God's gift. So we will look at just one: For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. (Rom 6:23)

And this corresponds to what Jesus Himself had said in John 11:25,26: Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

Reactions: mailmandan

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a difference between ignoring and rightly dividing the Word of truth. So let's take a closer look at one of those passages: Who will render to every man according to his deeds: To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:

On the surface it would appear that according to this passage eternal life is a reward for doing good. But since the Bible cannot contradict itself, we need to place alongside this passage the ones which say that eternal life is God's gift. So we will look at just one: For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. (Rom 6:23)

And this corresponds to what Jesus Himself had said in John 11:25,26: Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?
All right, that's a start, but it's still a denial of the Scripture--a Scripture whose doctrine is reiterated in other places like Galatians 6:6-10--isn't it?

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Eternal life is GOD'S GIFT to the one who believes on Christ.
Ya, but there are those that have developed beliefs that say they can play Christ for a fool.
That they can keep on doing evil and are guaranteed heaven. That all those good Christians are doomed to spend eternity in a heaven full of the most evil that this world has to offer. A religion of evildoers that believe in Christ. Heresy plan and simple.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And Jesus condemned the Jews who merely obeyed the letter of the law.

It does not matter how well anyone keeps the law if they do not have Jesus as there Lord and Saviour.

All you keep saying is obey the Law. That is worthless.
No Christian is required to obey the Law. We obey Christ.

Reactions: Philip James

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ah another sinless living a perfect life.

The law written in our hearts says ' Love the Lord your God with All your being, mind, body and soul.'
Tell me and everyone here when you have ever done this?
If you are not always obeying this law you like everyone else is committing a sin.

Yes...been there and did that.
And we are not Jews!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Revelation 20:12
And I saw the dead, the great and the small, standing before the throne, and books were opened; and another book was opened, which is the book of life; and the dead were judged from the things which were written in the books, according to their deeds.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, I don't accept your view. You lack discernment. Probably a Catholic. Your view is legalistic.
Jesus saves us. We are sealed by the Holy Spirit. I don't think you know what that means.
I'm done here, no use to continue.
The Bible is not legalistic.
Christ is not legalistic.
The Apostles are not legalistic.
But all say that evildoers will burn!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Over 100 scriptures state that salvation is by FAITH ALONE!
100+ Bible Verses On Salvation By Faith Alone | New Covenant Baptist Church - Spokane, WA
BEING SAVED BY GRACE THROUGH FAITH IS NOT SOME OBSCURE DOCTRINE THAT CHRISTIANS LIE OR PRETEND ABOUT. ABRAHAM WAS JUSTIFIED BY FAITH. WE ARE JUSTIFIED BY FAITH NOT BY WORKS.

Pray for the Holy Spirit to help you discern scripture. You are spreading a false gospel based on faith + works
Twisting and distorting the truth of the Bible is a dishonor to Christ.
Your whole premise is baseless - you have nothing. You try to distort what I say and put words into my mouth, is bearing false witness! Be advised.
IF YOU LIVE BY THE LAW, YOU WILL BE JUDGED BY IT! AND JUDGMENT DAY IS COMING SOON!
Salvation is by faith alone....you have to work at it to go to hell.