Eternal Life is a Harvest Reaped by Doers of Good

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sounds good but what if I commit a bad sin, die suddenly of a heart attack and never had the Luck to have repented Of my bad sin....am I damned ?

Oh you twister of truth. You will pay the price!
2nd Corinthians 5:10
For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may be recompensed for his deeds in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
JBF knows why I am asking the question .....he has always said that if you don’t repent of all of your sins before you die,you will go to Hell....no matter what you do....no matter what you believe....Repenting Of All Of your Sins Trump’s everything else....he is not nearly as bold about it as he used to be .....he prefers to put up “ smoke- screens” these days and turns himself into a pretzel as he Twists multiple Scriptures to conform to his Hog- Wash Doctrine Of “ Lucky Repentance”.....

What comes out of your mouth is all lies and twisting or truth.
We are saved by faith...but that does not negate Judgment day. On that day you judged for the evil you do. All will be judged on the deed they do...good or bad.

1st Peter 1:17
If you address as Father the One who impartially judges according to each one’s work, conduct yourselves in fear during the time of your stay on earth;

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have a position that you placed yourself in, thinking one can possibly earn their way to heaven.
It is as if Christ's sacrifice was not enough.
When you take communion, what do you think about? How can you thank God for His sacrifice, the gift of eternal life if it is something you dont believe you possess yet?

Again another twister of truth.
No one is saying you earn your way to heaven, but you are judged on your way.
Galatians 5:21 “Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions, envying, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.”

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are cherry picking scriptures and taking them out of context. That is why I quoted Romans saying that our good deeds cannot save us.
Salvation is not based on good deed...we can debate as to the fact that good deeds have rewards
But on judgment day, bad deeds can send you to hell.
Matthew 7:21-23
“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Eternal life is a gift. A gift is not earned. Did someone ever give you a gift that you had to earn? Gifts are given freely with no strings attached. Rewards are given for the Good works which are already prepared for us to do [AFTER WE HAVE ALREADY ENTERED INTO CHRIST/ETERNITY]; and GOD DOES THE WORK THROUGH US. We cooperate and He graciously gives us a well done good and faithful servant and rewards - but we are already saved NOW. Capisce?

The religion of sin and sin some and think you will be rewarded for it....You preach that Christ is a fool!
2nd Peter 2:4
For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but cast them into hell and committed them to pits of darkness, held for judgment;

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Revelation 20:12
And I saw the dead, the great and the small, standing before the throne, and books were opened; and another book was opened, which is the book of life; and the dead were judged from the things which were written in the books, according to their deeds.
Who are these "dead"? Are they not the unsaved dead, resurrected out of Hades, to stand before God and Christ, and receive their final judgment? What does this passage have to do with the saints? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That they can keep on doing evil and are guaranteed heaven.
That is an entirely separate issue. We are not talking about pretenders and false professors, but about the true children of God, who have been redeemed by Christ and God, justified freely by His grace, and commanded to live soberly, righteously, and godly in this present world (Titus 2:11-14).

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No reject the flawed and agenda driven misrepresentations of them that you have posted
they do not mean what you say.
It is typical that the name callers, accusing others as "twisters of truth" are the ones that are doing the twisting and just jump into a thread and start attacking us. By their their fruit you will know them!
I think we have a Troll, a tare, maybe multiple tares amoung the wheat, beware!

Last edited:

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is typical that the name callers, "twister of truth" are the ones that are doing the twisting and just jump into a thread and start attacking us. By their their fruit you will know them!
This is my thread, so I can't "jump into" it.
I'm simply asking you guys to deal with the Scriptures cited in the OP.
Most of you can't--you're like vampires before sunlight.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If one is striving for God but stumbles and sins, will God strike down that man with no opportunity to repent?

Not the Father I know. :)

He will not rather give us every opportunity to let Him heal us?

Will He not discipline us for correction and not for destruction?

Will He not seek us out when we are lost?

Bind our wounds, and carry our burdens?

Empower us to pick up our cross and follow Him?

Peace be with you!

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not going to let anyone escape so easily : eternal life is a harvest reaped by doers of good according to Galatians 6.

The best anyone can do is approach it as a Calvinist and say "well that just means it's another promise--we will do good"--fine, but you're still acknowledging there is a coming judgment at which only doers of the law will be justified and recompensed eternal life as a repayment for doing good.