Eternal Life is Now!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
This is my take in flesh and Spirit, first we have to understand it.

Even though we are Born Again we don’t become like Jesus overnight, .....we are in the Spirit, yet our old man/ flesh has to learn to die, that can only be taught to us by the power within, the Holy Spirit.

We’re not in the flesh were in the Spirit, most definitely....the old man of flesh slowly dies as the Living Spirit works in our hearts..

Just my thoughts, nothing biblical.

Short commentary.

The two words take certain meaning when opposed in Scripture, for flesh represents all that is natural, earthly, and human, while spirit signifies all that is supernatural, heavenly, and divine

[13] For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live. [14] For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God

Paul said, "He who is joined to the Lord is one spirit" (1 Cor. 6:17), not one soul. The resurrected Lord is the life-giving Spirit (15:45); therefore, His union with the believers is His union with the believers' spirit

We are united with God in spirit.....

There is NO life in our flesh....there is only LIFE in the SPIRIT ....I pray that the Holy Spirit possesses my spirit more and more everyday.

In Jesus Name.Amen!!

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
You may not have noticed where Jesus says to many who claim Him as Lord...go away, I never knew you.

The verse says "depart from me, i never knew you"..

And Jesus was not talking to Born again Christians.

He was talking to those who were using His name, in a vain way, pretending to be His....

"Depart from me, i never knew you".

How does Jesus "know those who are His own"

Like this..

"YOU must be BORN AGAIN".... Jesus says.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
We know Jesus in our spirit.

That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The verse says "depart from me, i never knew you"..

And Jesus was not talking to Born again Christians.

Who is defining who is born again? It's too easy to declare yourself to be spiritual....which you refute when shown what that is...and then claim to be exempt from all the warnings of the bible. Isn't that what the pretenders do? Yet the disciples of Jesus asked Him...Lord is it I ??? They were honest. You should try it.
He was talking to those who were using His name, in a vain way, pretending to be His....

"Depart from me, i never knew you".

How does Jesus "know those who are His own"

Like this..

"YOU must be BORN AGAIN".... Jesus says.
False. You know you are His when you are taken up to walk with Him where He is. Otherwise it's just religious feelings.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Who is defining who is born again?

Being born again, is the definition, as this is the only proof of Salvation.

So, your self effort need to be recognized, is irrelevant, @Episkopos

Listen... the only Proof of being born again is...>"He that has NOT the Spirit of God, (in them) is none of God's".

So, that means that the proof of the new birth is..."Christ in YOU"., because the believer has become the "Temple of the Holy Spirit".

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Exactly that’s what I said many times to you.

There is no disagreement regarding being born again.

The discussion that is not landed in agreement, is related to being born again so that you can THEN have faith.

Otherwise, of course we understand that being 'in Christ" and "one with God" is to be the "new Creation" and that is spiritual birth...

Spiritual Birth, is the Son/Daughter of God.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The discussion that is not landed in agreement, is related to being born again so that you can THEN have faith.
Listen, I ain’t going there again with you,I know how I came to faith, it ain’t up for discussion.

It sounds like you are trying to prove this to me or “ yourself”.

My faith will never be talked about on here again..i do not need to defend it to anyone...very sad that you say everyone comes to faith this way, I used to think the same...I got the message...it seems you haven’t.

You need to learn to RESPECT other people’s belief...as do I!

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Otherwise, of course we understand that being 'in Christ" and "one with God" is to be the "new Creation" and that is spiritual birth...
We are one with God in spirit.

Paul said, "He who is joined to the Lord is one spirit" (1 Cor.6:17), not one soul. The resurrected Lord is the life-giving Spirit (15:45); therefore, His union with the believers is His union with the believers' spirit.

BiblicalThat the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:.

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
At the very least I hear a message of needing to be in humility and holy fear, not to be complacent and taking things for granted. Take heed who thinks he stands, lest he fall. Be not high-minded but fear...lest you too be cut off. Work out our OWN salvation, with fear and trembling.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Still you gave zero Bible evidence for your interpretation on 123John.

Prove to everyone that those told to confess their sins in 1John 1:9
(Remember these folks are walking in darkness until they repent as was commanded by John.)
Prove they are not born again believers.
Dont run off to some where else in the Bible.
Prove it in the 1st chapter of 1John 1.

Until then, you are just making stuff up
lol.

Your stuck on one things he said (confess our sins) and not the rest of the passage.

Then you say I have not proven something.

They were never of us.. who is they? People who were with us (cl;aimed to be saved) then walked awa. and now are against christ.

They did nto lose salvation, they never had it.

Nothing further needs said..

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You still have given no proof of your claim that1John 1:9 those told to repent of their sins are unbelievers that John is speaking to as his audience in
Well I never made such a statemement.

So as usual. You make yourself look bad by continually point out things which are not true

1John chapter one.
Why doesn't he tell them to believe on the Lord if they are unbelievers?

Prove you are not taking the audience who is being spoken to by John in 1John 1
Out of context.

I've already proven the audience is Christians by typing out all of the personal pronouns.
You have not proven anything, but you believe deceived people and people who call God a liar are saved,

Then you yell at us.. who believe otherwise.

Reactions: mailmandan

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pure truth. 1 John 1:6 - If we say (or claim) that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth.
I properly harmonized scripture with scripture in order to reach my conclusion on doctrine in post #192. It amazes me how everything that I explained in post #192 just went right over your head. :(
lol, he added to his list.

he now says people who lie and walk in darkness and do not practice the truth are saved :hmhehm

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Straw man argument.

No, they don't. Don't confuse "nominal" or pseudo-Christians with genuine Christians. 1 John 2:19 - They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have continued with us; but they went out that they might be made manifest, that none of them were of us.

So, if you commit one sin you are practicing sin and lost your salvation? That's you're teaching. :oops: In regard to 1 John 3:9, Greek scholar AT Robertson explains - Doeth no sin (amartian ou poiei). Linear present active indicative as in verse John 4 like amartanei in verse John 8 . The child of God does not have the habit of sin. His seed (sperma autou). God's seed, "the divine principle of life" (Vincent). Cf. John 1 . And he cannot sin (kai ou dunatai amartanein). This is a wrong translation, for this English naturally means "and he cannot commit sin" as if it were kai ou dunatai amartein or amarthsai (second aorist or first aorist active infinitive). The present active infinitive amartanein can only mean "and he cannot go on sinning," as is true of amartanei in verse John 8 and amartanwn in verse John 6 . For the aorist subjunctive to commit a sin see amarthte and amarth in John 2:1 . A great deal of false theology has grown out of a misunderstanding of the tense of amartanein here. Paul has precisely John's idea in Romans 6:1 epimenwmen th amartiai (shall we continue in sin, present active linear subjunctive) in contrast with amarthswmen in Romans 6:15 (shall we commit a sin, first aorist active subjunctive).

False. More eisegesis on your part. 1 John 1:8 - the one who practices sin is of the devil; for the devil has sinned from the beginning. The Son of God appeared for this purpose, to destroy the works of the devil. 9 No one who is born of God practices sin, because His seed abides in him; and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. According to you, those who are born of God practice sin and lose their salvation, contrary to what John clearly stated. You should listen to John and not your preconceived beliefs or biased church doctrine.

Show me those exact words from Paul in scripture - "Peter did not practice the truth." According to your logic Peter is a child of the devil.

Peter was a child of God who walked in the light and not in darkness. Having a temporary weak moment did not place Peter back in darkness in order to walk in darkness. (continuous action) Those who say (key word) they have fellowship with God yet walk in darkness lie and do not practice the truth. Descriptive of "nominal" or pseudo-Christians who are children of the devil.

Speaking collectively to the entire group of 'professing' Christians with "nominal" Christians mixed in. (1 John 1:6-10; 1 John 2:9-11; 1 John 3:7-10) Hence, WE. You continue to miss the contrast between genuine Christians and "nominal" or pseudo-Christians that John makes.

More blatant eisegesis on your part. You end up discarding 1 John 1:8 and 1 John 1:10 in order to reach your biased, flawed conclusion here in an effort to accommodate your biased church doctrine.

If we say we have fellowship (but really don't - demonstrative evidence) yet we walk in darkness we lie (about having fellowship with Him) and do not practice (lifestyle or bent of life) the truth. Who walks in darkness? Children of God or children of the devil? 1 John 2:9 - He who says he is in the light, and hates his brother, is in darkness until now. 10 He who loves his brother abides in the light, and there is no cause for stumbling in him. 11 But he who hates his brother is in darkness and walks in darkness, and does not know where he is going, because the darkness has blinded his eyes. Notice the contrast? Also notice the contrast between children of God and children of the devil in 1 John 3:10 - In this the children of God and the children of the devil are manifest: Whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is he who does not love his brother.

See 1 John 3:6-9 from Robertson's Word Pictures in the New Testament from the link below:

CONTINUED...
Its sad people believe God makes mistakes and saves people who will end up not being worthy because they sin to much or walk away.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well to start with watch and pray, brother, as that scripture is saying. And all the other teachings and admonitions in the bible. Make our calling and election sure, endure to the end, he who overcomes, etc.

We can never be worthy in our own right, but it is in order to be accounted/reckoned worthy. It's like Jesus paid the price for us that we could never pay....but we do have our part in counting whatever it costs us to be faithful on our side.
But if Jesus paid the price we could never pay

we could never be worthy on our own to earn what He paid.

Now I try my best to be worthy of the rewards I may recieve, and worthy of my calling (to bear fruit and to win spiritual victory over Gods enemies0

But to think I can ever be worthy to earn salvation or unworthy enough that I lose salvation. Is this not dangerous thinking?? Because now our faith is in self. not God..

Can you see where I am coming from?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only in a manner of speaking and speaking in spirit. I think from God's point of view it's only "as though" He never knew them and that they were "never of us", if they don't prove faithful and true to the end, since He already foreknew their end from their beginning. Hard to explain, hard to grasp.
I think in Jesus words. where he said he never knew you. He ment they never had a relationship.

And in Johns words. that they were never of us (these are johns words) he meant they never truly belonged to the group we are in, the fellowship. the church, the body.. That they were impostors. make believers. In fact, he said they left to EXPOSE the fact they were never of us. and said if they were truly of us, they would have stayed

19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have continued with us; but they went out that they might be made manifest, that none of them were of us.

Also note who they are. they are Liars and deny Christ.

22 Who is a liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist who denies the Father and the Son. 23 Whoever denies the Son does not have the Father either; he who acknowledges the Son has the Father also.

SO notice, these are not prodigal children who walk away for a bit, or disappear for awhile. these are people who claimed a faith in Christ (were of us) . but now deny him altogether (antichrist).

these are literally people who claimed they had faith, and now have given God the proverbial finger and said I do not know you or even believe in you, take your salvation and shove it (I am being dramitic I know. but this is basically what they have done)

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
At the very least I hear a message of needing to be in humility and holy fear, not to be complacent and taking things for granted. Take heed who thinks he stands, lest he fall. Be not high-minded but fear...lest you too be cut off. Work out our OWN salvation, with fear and trembling.
remember

we work out our salvation that we have, not to earn it

we fear and tremble because we are lights in the world.. the world looks to us as Gods children. God wants to use us to draw them to himself.

if we do nto work out our salvation. we will not be lights, and God will not be able to use us.

paul feared this very thing, as I do.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its sad people believe God makes mistakes and saves people who will end up not being worthy because they sin to much or walk away.
I agree. What I think is even worse is that when someone has to discount the saying of a Scripture because it won't fit their view. We need to be ready, willing, eager, to change our view when we find it incompatible with Scripture. This is the case in all who believe rebirth can be, might be, undone. The Bible is clear about this.

I've posted some of these passages over and over, but many are unable to receive their sayings.

Much love!