Eternal Security/OSAS embracers have no enemy?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do Christians have enemies? Someone may think they are the enemy of a Christian. But does the Christian agree?

“Love your enemies.”
Matthew 5:44

50 Bible verses about Enemies
THE enemy = the devil.

A threat to all mankind; Christian, non-Christian, OSAS or NOSAS.

That's the point of the thread.

The concept of OSAS suggests that there is nothing whatsoever to fear anymore once you're saved and causes the naive subscriber of such nonsense to drop their guard which Ephesians 6 tells us should be up at all times. This leads to all manner of dangers from accepting habitual sin and falling into various temptations, etc.

The modern church doesn't speak of the devil almost at all, while simultaneously preaching OSAS. What kind of mindset does this create for new, or inexperienced/unstudied, Christians?

One of being out in the wilderness of this fallen world with no knowledge at all of the dangers; being convinced that all is wonderful and they can do no wrong.

This just simply doesn't align with scripture.

Love your enemy all you like, but don't think for one second that having a loving, care-free attitude exalts you above the dangers of evil in this world. The greatest feat the devil ever achieved was convincing the world he doesn't exist. Most churches conduct themselves as if he does not.

Oceanprayers

Jan 5, 2022
Panama City
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
THE enemy = the devil.

A threat to all mankind; Christian, non-Christian, OSAS or NOSAS.

That's the point of the thread.

The concept of OSAS suggests that there is nothing whatsoever to fear anymore once you're saved and causes the naive subscriber of such nonsense to drop their guard which Ephesians 6 tells us should be up at all times. This leads to all manner of dangers from accepting habitual sin and falling into various temptations, etc.

The modern church doesn't speak of the devil almost at all, while simultaneously preaching OSAS. What kind of mindset does this create for new, or inexperienced/unstudied, Christians?

One of being out in the wilderness of this fallen world with no knowledge at all of the dangers; being convinced that all is wonderful and they can do no wrong.

This just simply doesn't align with scripture.

Love your enemy all you like, but don't think for one second that having a loving, care-free attitude exalts you above the dangers of evil in this world. The greatest feat the devil ever achieved was convincing the world he doesn't exist. Most churches conduct themselves as if he does not.
The devil's is the enemy ofankind because the first sinner was made lord of the earth. And still visits with God in heaven from time to time.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If christ is for us, who can be against us?

Who has more power than Christ.

Who is it the overcomes the world? Those in Christ.

While we may have to fear the body being hurt. Or even dying, Our spirit is secure, and it can be at peace.

Jesus said come unto me and I will give you peace. Eternal security (osas or whatever you want to cal it) is the foundation of that peace.

Reactions: ScottA

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If christ is for us, who can be against us?

Who has more power than Christ.

Who is it the overcomes the world? Those in Christ.

While we may have to fear the body being hurt. Or even dying, Our spirit is secure, and it can be at peace.

Jesus said come unto me and I will give you peace. Eternal security (osas or whatever you want to cal it) is the foundation of that peace.
It is a false peace, a lie that blinds you from seeing that your name can be "blotted out of the Book of Life." That your spiritual garments can be so filthy in the eyes of God that only THREE within a church FULL of Christians that were once saved are considered worthy.

"Thou hast a few names even in Sardis which have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with me in white: for they are worthy. He that overcometh (condition), the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels."
Revelation 3:4-5

These are Christians losing their salvation.

Once Saved, Conditionally Saved.