Eternal Security

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Whoa! Like your avatar.
Welcome to the forum.

It's about time that you came back!! :D

Well obviously you know what his avatar is ...I have been wondering since he got here...but I didn't want to ask! :oops:

What is it?
Is it a brain...with lights on?

............H

Reactions: GodsGrace

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Phil. 2:5. combined with Eze. 1:28 and Rom. 12:2.

Thank you. Is the picture of you or child or grandchild?
Yeah. Nifty. It made me think of how we're the light of the world, and the rainbow.
I likened it to Romans 12:2 also.

The girl is a model. I love cute kids!
Raised two of my own.

P.S. Great work on your web site!

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy

Well obviously you know what his avatar is ...I have been wondering since he got here...but I didn't want to ask! :oops:

What is it?

............H
Yes! It says a lot.
I also checked out his website.
Incredible.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy

What is it?

............H
I like your new avatar!
Keep it!

faithfulness

Aug 13, 2018
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see it as scale. What we claim and what is available from God are vastly different. It is only as we look for more and refuse to settle for the reduced effects of grace that more becomes possible. Grace actually brings salvation. But we seem satisfied with the notion of this and the slogan...but miss the point of this world changing power.

fwiw, I read your posts while looking to the Lord, because He said to, but more often than not, see His warnings in what you post, like your repetition twice specifically, that Jesus is coming as a thief.

I Agree with your words (against myself) that are sometimes unsettling but true, while heeding/pray-reading "It is ONLY as we look for more and refuse to settle for the reduced effects of grace that more grace becomes possible.

(Grace has appeared) and "Grace actually brings salvation". I don't want to be "satisfied with the notion of this and the slogan" or especially "miss the point of this world changing power".
I want that scale to change in my life because of what is available from God!

Thank you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Episkopos

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I like your new avatar!
Keep it!

I am laughing because I have just been told by Benjamin Calvary that I have a creepy hand on my shoulder....I explained to Nancy when I first put it up...that it is my grandson's hand. :D

Well the last one/ photo was older...this one was taken last week....

Are you and Rollo staying for a while...or running off again? :)

Reactions: Nancy

TheHolyBookEnds

Jun 12, 2018
Neighbour
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Among other things.
Would you say that those with a new heart, being changed into another person (from old to new), given them by God, are such persons?

Would you say that those who are filled with the Holy Ghost, are such persons? Like at Pentecost, or other place.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What is it?

............H
Yes, could it be another one of those very old Hollywood things: "Donovan's Brain"?

Reactions: Helen

Small Fish

Aug 18, 2018
Boksburg
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Eternal life is a kind of life in the Spirit. We have a taste of that kind of life now...which is supposed to win us over to the cause of Christ and His kingdom. It is certainly not meant to give us a false assurance that we have some kind of guarantee because we are anything but a vessel. If we are filled with God...then we are holy. But if we are filled with a mixture of things from this world...then we are defiled.

Besides....which part of us is looking for a guarantee?

When commercials and ads are presented to us...is that to appeal to the inner man? Or the natural man?

So then salvation from God is NOT for the natural man at all.

We must be careful what we are trying to grasp the gospel with. We would not want to be disappointed on that day when all things are revealed.

Well yes, we should be aware of false assurance and not to be ugly, that is what most people have. We should have blessed assurance. We should make our calling and election sure.

I'm just being honest here and not trying to be insulting to the majority of Christians. If some would stop and think and ask the question, and compare their experience with the Word of God, then I feel that something is being accomplished here.

When I see pastors standing outside the church door for a smoke break I wonder, If this is what the shepard looks like, what about then about the flock?

Yet if you ask them, are they saved, they will fight you tooth and nail to stand up for their views. So, where is the fruit of repentance? So many think they are saved when they are not. And my example I gave is rather to the extreme side.

But the Truth of it is, ONE WORD OFF and you are disqualified from the Kingdom that's already is in us. But obviously not, as they are proving, in those that walk out from the Presence of the Lord. (seemingly not having the faith)

There is a middle of the road. There is a highway, and a way. And we must be on the way of holiness.

But I am conviced that I have the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob dwelling within me and therefor cannot go lost.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
I am laughing because I have just been told by Benjamin Calvary that I have a creepy hand on my shoulder....I explained to Nancy when I first put it up...that it is my grandson's hand. :D

Well the last one/ photo was older...this one was taken last week....

Are you and Rollo staying for a while...or running off again? :)

4427a.jpg

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Oh you clever girl!! :)

Is that the right size for my avatar? I will give it a try.

THANK YOU!!
I tried all different ways...that was the best I could do.
I used to have photo shop which was great...but no more.
The hand didn't bother me, but do what you think best...

Blessings

Reactions: Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
If we believe, we will be there.
at least you hope so, the demons "believe" too, right; i guess they even "have faith" (pisteuo)!
maybe if you believe really hard or something maybe
lol
bc whether you "believe" or not, Rollo, you are going to be judged for your works,
not for what you believe.

Reactions: faithfulness

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
at least you hope so, the demons "believe" too, right; i guess they even "have faith" (pisteuo)!
maybe if you believe really hard or something maybe
lol
bc whether you "believe" or not, Rollo, you are going to be judged for your works,
not for what you believe.
You got some script for this?