Eternal Security

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The rules of Earth and the rules of heaven, come from two different rule books.
No use trying to compare them.
God's ways are not our ways....
That is not even the issue. The issue is that when the unsaved hear that eternal life is God's free gift of grace, they have a very hard time accepting this. And the reason for that is the common belief that there are no free lunches. So why should eternal life be free? Hence all the false teachings about adding works to salvation by grace.

Reactions: Wrigley

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
That is not even the issue. The issue is that when the unsaved hear that eternal life is God's free gift of grace, they have a very hard time accepting this. And the reason for that is the common belief that there are no free lunches. So why should eternal life be free? Hence all the false teachings about adding works to salvation by grace.
It's exactly the issue!
On Earth there are no free lunches.
In heaven, everything is free.
In God's Kingdom everything is free.

BTW, no one I know of believes works save.
However,,,faith without works is a dead faith.
If we have the Holy Spirit in us, we become excited about doing everything for God.
Maybe if we don't want to change or do good to others, it means we're lacking belief
In Jesus.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You say

The key is Jesus, the real Jesus rather than any Nehushtan.

Not sure what you mean by Nehustan.

Can you explain that to me please.
Our friend, @bbyd009 brought up the subject here quite a while ago. The word is found in II Kings 18:4. The children of Israel had effectively and really changed the serpent made by Moses under God's direction in Numbers 21:8ff into an idol. It was intended to heal and protect the children of Israel from poisonous snakes and did. King Hezekiah destroyed it because the Israelites have made it into just another idol. People today have too often done the same thing with Jesus. They don't really know who he is although they will use the word, Jesus in their churches. This false Jesus is Nehushtan.

Reactions: Helen

Wrigley

Aug 31, 2017
Glasgow
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Actually there is such a thing as a free lunch

Isaiah 55:1-3

An Invitation to Abundant Life
1 “Ho! Everyone who thirsts,
Come to the waters;
And you who have no money,
Come, buy and eat.
Yes, come, buy wine and milk
Without money and without price.
2 Why do you spend money for what is not bread,
And your wages for what does not satisfy?
Listen carefully to Me, and eat what is good,
And let your soul delight itself in abundance.
3 Incline your ear, and come to Me.
Hear, and your soul shall live;
And I will make an everlasting covenant with you—
The sure mercies of David.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Wrigley

Aug 31, 2017
Glasgow
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Would you like to look at the two examples with me, one from the OT and one from the NT on this subject (there are more than these, but just to begin with)?
That depends.

You may say we can and I can say not.
You say not and I could say yes.

Two different views.

You are firm in yours and me in mine.

Any point discussing?

Wrigley

Aug 31, 2017
Glasgow
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Our friend, @bbyd009 brought up the subject here quite a while ago. The word is found in II Kings 18:4. The children of Israel had effectively and really changed the serpent made by Moses under God's direction in Numbers 21:8ff into an idol. It was intended to heal and protect the children of Israel from poisonous snakes and did. King Hezekiah destroyed it because the Israelites have made it into just another idol. People today have too often done the same thing with Jesus. They don't really know who he is although they will use the word, Jesus in their churches. This false Jesus is Nehushtan.
Thanks for explaining

TheHolyBookEnds

Jun 12, 2018
Neighbour
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That depends.

You may say we can and I can say not.
You say not and I could say yes.

Two different views.

You are firm in yours and me in mine.

Any point discussing?
Discussing? I was hoping we could look at the bible together in what it says (not what I say).

I am interested in truth and follow it. Did you want to look together?

(PS. William Wallace (as Mel Gibson) was a Roman Catholic knight, defending papal claims, as the 'tridentine' Media knight Gibson. It was a propaganda movie, as all Gibson's films are - http://www.lastampa.it/2012/01/13/v...holic-hero-d6o5wYy0zd1EXU1WSr73rK/pagina.html )

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Discussing? I was hoping we could look at the bible together in what it says (not what I say).

(PS. William Wallace (as Mel Gibson) was a Roman Catholic knight, defending papal claims, as the 'tridentine' Media knight Gibson. It was a propaganda movie, as all Gibson's films are - http://www.lastampa.it/2012/01/13/v...holic-hero-d6o5wYy0zd1EXU1WSr73rK/pagina.html )
I checked out your link.
What does it have to do with eternal security?

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Actually there is such a thing as a free lunch

Isaiah 55:1-3

An Invitation to Abundant Life
1 “Ho! Everyone who thirsts,
Come to the waters;
And you who have no money,
Come, buy and eat.
Yes, come, buy wine and milk
Without money and without price.
2 Why do you spend money for what is not bread,
And your wages for what does not satisfy?
Listen carefully to Me, and eat what is good,
And let your soul delight itself in abundance.
3 Incline your ear, and come to Me.
Hear, and your soul shall live;
And I will make an everlasting covenant with you—
The sure mercies of David.
LOL
Yes, but it's speaking about the Kingdom of God,,,
Here on Earth!
In the Kingdom, everything is free,,,which pertains to God, of course.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's exactly the issue!
On Earth there are no free lunches.
In heaven, everything is free.
In God's Kingdom everything is free.

BTW, no one I know of believes works save.
However,,,faith without works is a dead faith.
If we have the Holy Spirit in us, we become excited about doing everything for God.
Maybe if we don't want to change or do good to others, it means we're lacking belief
In Jesus.

Wow.....

I am pretty sure Rupblicans are gonna HATE Heaven! Bunch of slackers.....living off the back of God

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Wow.....

I am pretty sure Rupblicans are gonna HATE Heaven! Bunch of slackers.....living off the back of God
Republicans will love heaven. There is justice there.
No banks there,,,no money.
No Dems, no reps.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So are you saying that the foundation built on is us building on it?
If so I'm not so sure given the context of the whole passage.

1 Corinthians 3:9-17
9 For we are God’s fellow workers; you are God’s field, you are God’s building. 10 According to the grace of God which was given to me, as a wise master builder I have laid the foundation, and another builds on it. But let each one take heed how he builds on it. 11 For no other foundation can anyone lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
Anyone who really comes to God that first time takes on Jesus as his foundation or as the cornerstone. To build anything today the foundation usually of good reinforced concrete is necessary to assure that whatever house is built on it will be firmly secured to the ground. The cornerstone goes back to old ways of building things on which I am no expert, but similar to the foundation it had to be done right to assure that the building held up as it should for as long as possible. Messing with the foundation or the cornerstone or using substandard materials would eventually lead to disaster. The pillars of a building were similar. Consider how it was that Samson killed so many by messing with the pillars which held the house [Judges 16].

Now Jesus is our foundation or cornerstone or pillars... or should be.

12 Now if anyone builds on this foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw, 13 each one’s work will become clear; for the Day will declare it, because it will be revealed by fire; and the fire will test each one’s work, of what sort it is. 14 If anyone’s work which he has built on it endures, he will receive a reward. 15 If anyone’s work is burned, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire.
Our God is a consuming fire [Deut 4:24 & Heb 12:29]. The three young Hebrew were tightly bound by ropes and thrown by the strongest soldiers of Nebuchadnezzar into the fiery furnace heated seven times hotter than the norm. [Daniel 3] They had the right foundation [God] and the right garments [made of gold, silver and precious stones]. When the king saw them standing in the fire with one like the Son of God he called them out of the fire. They had not even the smell of the fire. Their clothes were not burned. Only the ropes which bound them had been burned up.

16 Do you not know that you are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you? 17 If anyone defiles the temple of God, God will destroy him. For the temple of God is holy, which temple you are.

So for me it's what we teach over and above the foundation that is laid and on which we stand which is Jesus
If what we teach beyond the foundation is not of God [like the traditions of the Pharisees in the time Jesus in Jerusalem] it will burned up by the consuming fire which is God so that we, the temple of God, will be what it is supposed to be according to God.

3:16, 17 Do you not know: This phrase, found in nine other places in 1 Corinthians (5:6; 6:2, 3, 9, 15, 16, 19; 9:13, 24), always introduces an indisputable statement. temple: There are two words translated temple in the NT. One refers to the temple building and all its courts; the other refers strictly to the Most Holy Place where no one but the high priest could go. Paul uses the latter term to describe the local church, in whom God dwells. Unlike 6:19, where the word temple refers to the individual believer, and Eph. 2:21, where the word speaks of the church universal, these verses speak of the local church as God’s temple. God takes very seriously our actions in the church. destroy: Any person who disrupts and destroys the church by divisions, malice, and other harmful acts invites God’s discipline (see 11:30–32).
We are the temple and within us is where the Kingdom of God is to be. [see Luke 17:21]
Do we have first, second and third heavens with us? Do we have a place for Jesus to lie his head [Matt 8:20] within us? Are we the Church, the Body of Christ whereon His Head is to rest?

Wrigley

Aug 31, 2017
Glasgow
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Ok let's discuss.

But do you not think that we will discuss and give our views as to what the Bible says that we interpret and believe it is saying?

I don't have a problem with that.

I'm on another site where generally it is "I'm right your wrong and if you are wrong then it's a false religion and hell for you"

I was ripped apart on this forum because I dared to walk with people who I disagreed with, not by those who I disagreed with but by others who see me as accomodating and a soft touch.

I'm not like that so I may be a bit guarded for a while for as long as I'm on here.

Ps I'm Scottish

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Republicans will love heaven. There is justice there.
No banks there,,,no money.
No Dems, no reps.

Ha
Nah, i think it will be Hell for Republicans.....a giant welfare state that lasts forever? Come on!

Reactions: Nancy