Eternal Security

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
God (Yeshua's Father YHWH) appointed / ordained Yeshua to save us. He was given that authority and power.

Jesus said that there was no man greater than John the Baptist...born of a woman.

If ALL have sinned and fallen short of the glory....ALL...how could Jesus be without sin?

The answer of course is that Jesus was YHVH with the Father (they were ONE) creating the world together. After the glory....as it says....The Father sent His Son to become human and intervene in His creation. As such He was not only above the glory....He shared the Father's glory.

And we have this powerful advocate who knows what it is to be tempted as we are...yet without sin.

Jesus is the Lord YHVH from heaven. All praises to His name.

Reactions: faithfulness

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Amen @Rollo Tamasi , ONLY a perfect being COULD save us. The perfect for the imperfect. If Jesus was JUST a man, His sacrifice was for nothing...only God is perfect.
Who said he was "JUST a man"? He was the sinless/perfect Son of YHWH who was born without an earthly Father, untainted by Adam's sin. His sacrifice was perfect. He did not have to be God in order to make an atoning sacrifice. He simply needed to be an unblemished (sinless ) human male.

Reactions: amadeus

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who said he was "JUST a man"? He was the sinless/perfect Son of YHWH who was born without an earthly Father, untainted by Adam's sin. His sacrifice was perfect. He did not have to be God in order to make an atoning sacrifice. He simply needed to be an unblemished (sinless ) human male.
Only God is perfect...didn't you read that part?

Reactions: Nancy

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Jesus said that there was no man greater than John the Baptist...born of a woman.

If ALL have sinned and fallen short of the glory....ALL...how could Jesus be without sin?

The answer of course is that Jesus was YHVH with the Father (they were ONE) creating the world together. After the glory....as it says....The Father sent His Son to become human and intervene in His creation. As such He was not only above the glory....He shared the Father's glory.

And we have this powerful advocate who knows what it is to be tempted as we are...yet without sin.

Jesus is the Lord YHVH from heaven. All praises to His name.
You have misunderstood those words about John. He is not the greatest man, but the greatest prophet (Luke 7:28).

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have misunderstood those words about John. He is not the greatest man, but the greatest prophet (Luke 7:28).
What difference does it make? I see that scripture as saying that among those born of women (men) there is none greater than JTB.

And you have also ignored the primary question: If all have sinned and come short of the glory of God (except for God Himself), then how can Jesus be without sin?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(Joh 14:28) Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I. (KJV)

It is sound doctrine within Trnitarianism that Jesus is less than the Father concerning His humanity (John 14:28)...but equal concerning His Deity (John 5:18). It is called the doctrine of the hypostatic union...that Jesus is 100% God and 100% Man. The Holy Ghost became One with the egg in the womb of the Virgin Mary (Luke 1:35), creating a unique zygote: the Son of God and Son of man.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(Joh 5:18) Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself (as they thought- who could blame these 'blinded' men, and they were of course wrong in their assessment) equal with God. (KJV)

What you added in parentheses is the teaching of man. Take out what is in parentheses and you will get the real message of that scripture.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is sound doctrine within Trnitarianism that Jesus is less than the Father concerning His humanity (John 14:28)...but equal concerning His Deity (John 5:18). It is called the doctrine of the hypostatic union...that Jesus is 100% God and 100% Man. The Holy Ghost became One with the egg in the womb of the Virgin Mary (Luke 1:35), creating a unique zygote: the Son of God and Son of man.
I do like allot of your posts, as I could not say it better :)

Reactions: justbyfaith

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Jesus wasn't a prophet?

"I tell you, among those born of women there is no one greater than John, yet even the least in the kingdom of God is greater than he.”

....no one...not a prophet....

Jesus is speaking from His divinity here.

Last edited:

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Read Acts of the Apostles 4:10-12.
12 And in none other is there salvation: for neither is there any other name under heaven, that is given among men, wherein we must be saved.

YHWH is not "under heaven". Nor is He "given", but is the "giver".

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus wasn't a prophet?

"I tell you, among those born of women there is no one greater than John, yet even the least in the kingdom of God is greater than he.”

Amen!!!!

Reactions: Episkopos

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess this is the right time to add more gems from scripture..

Jesus is not God Almighty, and both God and Jesus completed the plan of salvation as the only way to heaven. One was the author and the source of spiritual power and the other the human instrument. Jesus’ mission success was due to him having his Father’s spirit within him and even the max of his spirit necessary at his baptism. It ensured Jesus’ success as a sinless born 100 % human being. This is all scriptural.

Answering another misunderstood verse:

All human beings, (understood and in context: of a sinful nature) have fallen short; they all have sinned. Jesus was born with a sinless nature from his Father.

Jesus was NEVER just ‘a man.’ Again, for the millionth time (hyperbole, yes) Jesus was born of a sinless nature AND had the Father’s spirit within him as we as believers have Jesus’ spirit within us. We could not today be in Christ if Jesus was not born with his Father’s spirit and he would not be in his Father’s spirit today! Post it on your frig or something to let these words sink in to some that keep bashing in the same wall in ignorance.

God could not perform the act of sacrifice on the cross with shed blood, as a physical human being. The sacrifice had to be a 100% human being as the last or 2nd Adam. His Father and himself, Jesus Christ were one, in one purpose, all the way to the cross and beyond. They were bonded as a spiritual team. We today are learning to become a team of God through/with the spirit of Christ..all scriptural and very logical.

Blessings,

APAK

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Jesus wasn't a prophet?

Yeshua is speaking of prophets up until his day which is why even the least in the Kingdom of God will be greater than John. Why? Because John was not in the Kingdom.

Reactions: APAK

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where are we told our atoning sacrifice had to be perfect in the sense that God is perfect?
I think that you would know that better than me since you spend more time in the OT than do I...

However, we are told that Jesus was and is without sin (2 Corinthians 5:21, Hebrews 4:15, 1 Peter 2:22, 1 John 3:5). How is He without sin, since the word of God says For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God (God being the exception to this rule)?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess this is the right time to add more gems from scripture..

Jesus is not God Almighty,

Those are not gems, those are a load of poop...I would not value those words more than I value my own feces that I flush down the toilet every time I go #2!

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
12 And in none other is there salvation: for neither is there any other name under heaven, that is given among men, wherein we must be saved.

YHWH is not "under heaven". Nor is He "given", but is the "giver".
Is YHWH or Jehovah a name that is given under heaven among men? yet it is not the name by which we must be saved...YHWH reserved the name of Jesus Christ (YHWH is salvation, the anointed One) to be the name that we are saved by if we call upon it...now compare Joel 2:32 to Acts of the Apostles 2:21 and Romans 10:13; as the latter two verses are quoted from the former one...and also consider what they all mean in light of Acts of the Apostles 4:10-12...the name of the LORD (YHWH) is...Jesus Christ of Nazareth!

I dare you to look at the verses and compare them (especially in the kjv)! but I don't think you will because they destroy your pov...so you would rather ignore them.

Last edited:

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I think that you would know that better than me since you spend more time in the OT than do I...
Yes, I do know better than you in this regard.

However, we are told that Jesus was and is without sin (2 Corinthians 5:21, Hebrews 4:15, 1 Peter 2:22, 1 John 3:5). How is He without sin, since the word of God says For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God (God being the exception to this rule)?
The Father (God) and the Son (Yeshua) are both exceptions. Yeshua was sinless for two reasons 1) He was free of Adam's sin since he doesn't have a human father and 2) He obeyed every OT command that pertained to him.