Eternal Security

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
That is completely bogus...How can the greatest prophet who ever lived not enter into the kingdom?
I didn't say he won't enter the Kingdom. He is not in it yet. Only those who are in Messiah have entered. If you disagree with me, then explain why John is not as great as the least in the Kingdom. How can the greatest prophet not be one of the greatest in the Kingdom?

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Those are not gems, those are a load of poop...I would not value those words more than I value my own feces that I flush down the toilet every time I go #2!
It is bad enough how you denigrate those who don't believe like you, but now you have gone too far. You call truth "a load of poop" and exude all your vile filth upon it. I thought I was dealing with a wayward believer who needed correction, but you are nothing but a filthy blasphemer. We are done.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@justbyfaith
I didn't say he won't enter the Kingdom. He is not in it yet. Only those who are in Messiah have entered. If you disagree with me, then explain why John is not as great as the least in the Kingdom. How can the greatest prophet not be one of the greatest in the Kingdom?

"Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he." Matt 11:11

Reactions: Helen and bbyrd009

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, now you've got Job and John the Baptist you can pray to for your salvation.
Good luck!
I simply posted the verse which supported what @gadar perets said. Many people simply argue for what they believe without considering what the scripture says. If you have a different interpretation for that verse you should provide it rather than being sarcastic. Who does sarcasm edify?

Reactions: Helen and bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I simply posted the verse which supported what @gadar perets said. Many people simply argue for what they believe without considering what the scripture says. If you have a different interpretation for that verse you should provide it rather than being sarcastic. Who does sarcasm edify?
i guess he that is least in the kingdom is greater bc humility, not bc John B is not a saint prolly. Iow God does not require us to make big flashy open displays of sedition in the Jordan and get our heads cut off if that is not our style imo

Last edited:

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You support Perets?
Are you Christian?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is bad enough how you denigrate those who don't believe like you, but now you have gone too far. You call truth "a load of poop" and exude all your vile filth upon it. I thought I was dealing with a wayward believer who needed correction, but you are nothing but a filthy blasphemer. We are done.
If it actually were the truth that Jesus isn't the Lord (God), then you might have had a point here. But as what was spoken is something that will put someone out of the kingdom (see John 8:24), it is worse than a load of poop...it is like arsenic that you are trying to put in people's milk!

Now, at least if we are done, now you won't be spouting your deceitful bogus that Jesus isn't the Lord (God) any more, so I am quite happy with your decision.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job; and that man was perfect and upright, and one that feared God, and eschewed evil." Job 1:1
Job was perfect and upright for all practical purposes, when looked at by the eyes of man. However, further reading into the book of Job will reveal that Job had one major flaw...he knew that he was righteous! This translated into self-righteousness for Job; which ended up being addressed quite adequately by Elihu (who was not among Job's three friends, but witnessed their exchanges and then spoke up after all was said and done between the four of them). Specifically in Job 32-37, Elihu accurately addresses the problem of Job that is sin.

As for Jesus Christ, He was and is without sin; and if He was someone other than the Lord God, Romans 3:23, 1 John 1:8, Galatians 3:22 are broken as scriptures.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i guess he that is least in the kingdom is greater bc humility, not bc John B is not a saint prolly. Iow God does not require us to make big flashy open displays of sedition in the Jordan and get our heads cut off if that is not our style imo
Thank God it is He that must resolve any differences in the end of the matter. Men at times really make me wonder. That, of course, includes me.

Reactions: bbyrd009

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You support Perets?
Are you Christian?
You still provided no interpretation of the verse. I support, hopefully, God. He is the only one I can always trust to be right on every point.

Am I a Christian? If that means a follower of Christ I would say that I am.

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You still provided no interpretation of the verse. I support, hopefully, God. He is the only one I can always trust to be right on every point.

Am I a Christian? If that means a follower of Christ I would say that I am.
The latest research shows that only 3% of so-called Christians are born again.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Job was perfect and upright for all practical purposes, when looked at by the eyes of man. However, further reading into the book of Job will reveal that Job had one major flaw...he knew that he was righteous! This translated into self-righteousness for Job; which ended up being addressed quite adequately by Elihu (who was not among Job's three friends, but witnessed their exchanges and then spoke up after all was said and done between the four of them). Specifically in Job 32-37, Elihu accurately addresses the problem of Job that is sin.

As for Jesus Christ, He was and is without sin; and if He was someone other than the Lord God, Romans 3:23, 1 John 1:8, Galatians 3:22 are broken as scriptures.
But Job was certainly described in that first verse as "perfect". I would say he was perfect with what he had at the moment in the eyes of God. If any of us are similarly perfect, then then hopefully we will do a well as Job when we go through similar [in the eyes of God] trials as we walk our walks.

Who is a perfect man?

"For in many things we offend all. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man, and able also to bridle the whole body." James 3:2

On this forum of endless accusations and name calling who is unnecessarily offending in word? When we disagree why do we lose control of our tongue? Does it edify God?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yeshua is speaking of prophets up until his day which is why even the least in the Kingdom of God will be greater than John. Why? Because John was not in the Kingdom.

Can't agree. Yes John was...he saw the kingdom and lived it...not of this world...all who are not of this world are in the Kingdom Realm...
Noah, Abraham, Joseph, David...right through the NT to the end.

ALL believers are part of The Kingdom.
The kingdom is where the King reigns...and they were members of God's Kingdom...where Faith rules the day...faith in the King who is being followed.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@"ByGrace"
@justbyfaith

"Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he." Matt 11:11
Can't agree. Yes John was...he saw the kingdom and lived it...not of this world...all who are not of this world are in the Kingdom Realm...
Noah, Abraham, Joseph, David...right through the NT to the end.

ALL believers are part of The Kingdom.
The kingdom is where the King reigns...and they were members of God's Kingdom...where Faith rules the day...faith in the King who is being followed.
Still Helen, no one has explained why @gadar perets is in error in light of the verse I cited above.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
@"ByGrace"

Still Helen, no one has explained why @gadar perets is in error in light of the verse I cited above.
@gadar perets whom I've known a long time and have much respect for, does not believe Jesus is God but the Son of God. He respects Jesus as the Messiah and Annointed one sent by God Father, but believe only God Father is to be worshipped.
If he's right, we're all in trouble because we're worshipping a man.

However, Christian theologians from the beginning have declared Jesus to be God, but he disputes this too and I don't have the tools to check this out since I'd need the writings of the ECF in the original Greek.

The only thing I do want to say, and which he knows I believe, is that to be called a Christian means that we believe Jesus is God. He does not call himself a Christian so there is no conflict there.

But why do WE have to keep proving to him that Jesus is God? I take it for granted after much reading and thinking about this...it seems to me it has to be this way.

Seems like the pharisees and saducees believed Him to be God too...

Maybe the debate is good.
Steel sharpens steels, or whatever they say.

As to No Other Man Born Of Woman...maybe Jesus just meant no other human being ever born....men have been born of woman from the beginning..so it includes all men.

Just my opinion.