Evangelicals and the Sabbath

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I can clearly see that you are deeply deceived. :( I pray that the Lord will open your eyes to the truth.

Here are some links to articles below that may help open your eyes to the truth:

Here is the first one of 'REFLECTION QUESTIONS' from one of the <articles>,

<<1. What is the strongest argument for continued observance of the Sabbath?>>

The NT answer: 1) Matthew 27:62 to 28:4; 2) on par with numerous others, Hebrews 4:8,9 which we just now above have seen in #118.

Therefore, with respect, What is your point? How am I <deeply deceived>?

Last edited:

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
'REFLECTION QUESTIONS' from the <articles>,

<<2. What evidence in Paul suggests that the Sabbath is no longer required?>>

'Evidence' as far as can say, does not <suggest>; it PROVES or does NOT prove.

Moreover Paul NOWHERE IN NO WAY (be it <suggestion> or proof) <<suggests that the Sabbath is no longer required>>. DENIED! But just because the question is posed, it's LIE is taken for granted for truth! No, never!

On the contrary! To mention only one event of Scripture which ABSOLUTELY PROVES that Paul believed, lived, practised and TAUGHT that the Sabbath is STILL required for the Life of the Ecclesia -- ACTS 13! See the exact, literal, interlinear exegesis (UNBIASED by myself with the help of Greek grammar, syntax and linguistics alone).

I fear no 'Footnotes' list of scholars of name and stature. How have the wood's gigantic crown princes fallen!

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
'REFLECTION QUESTIONS' from the <articles>,

<<4. What is the relationship between the Sabbath and the Lord’s Day?>>

The Lord’s Day is the Lord Jesus’ Lordly Day He Resurrected on from the dead and for Himself obtained Lordship by Victory over the last enemy, death, destroyed, and for the LORD’S Day-of-Victory “in it”, “sang the Song of Moses and the Lamb”. Exodus 15 Revelation 14:1-3; 5:9; 15:2,3 Exodus 15:5-7.

Last edited:

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
In other words, the Church of Jesus Christ is a harlot and it is only Mjrhealth who is not a religious bigot.
10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. (Compare)

11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

*deleted comment*

Last edited by a moderator:

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. (Compare)

11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

satan and all his children twisting the truth.

Beautiful!
Beautiful that this admonition is a Scripture Word.
Beautiful that this applies to myself, I confess.
Most beautiful, that this is received from you, Mjrhealth.
Every dog gets his day.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Evangelicals are a denomination?! Even if they are, nothing puts anything above Scripture. Now my thread is about JUST that -- evangelicals regarding themselves wiser than Scripture when it concerns the Seventh Day Sabbath of the LORD GOD. I believe it my life's mission to combat the universal Church, it doesn't matter who, whenever the Lord Jesus' Day of Rest by Resurrection from the dead "on the Sabbath" is attempted to be attributed to Sunday, a COMPLETELY NON-Scriptural day of superstitious idolatry (in Calvinistic terms).

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You are doing teh "catholic" thing, they say, if you are not a catholic you must be a protestant, just becuse most dont agree with you doesnt make them Evangelicals, there are plenty of prople on this earth, who wilhave nothing to do with mens religion, the harlot churches, but only follow Christ. he is not a religion,

Going on eeh bitterness and anger, and being a stickler for teh sabbath, most would assume you to be SDA, they go on just like you do, but thats what religion does,

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
You are doing teh "catholic" thing, they say, if you are not a catholic you must be a protestant, just becuse most dont agree with you doesnt make them Evangelicals, there are plenty of prople on this earth, who wilhave nothing to do with mens religion, the harlot churches, but only follow Christ. he is not a religion,

Going on eeh bitterness and anger, and being a stickler for teh sabbath, most would assume you to be SDA, they go on just like you do, but thats what religion does,

Now, for a change, just listen to yourself!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Now, for a change, just listen to yourself!
I have God Jesus and teh Holy Spirit, self has no place,
My sheep hear my voicem who are you listening too.
You have chosen your path, you must walk it alone, you chose to go you way, you have heard teh truth, now you have no excuse, ignorance is bliss sometimes in Gods Kingdom.

40 And some of the Pharisees which were with him heard these words, and said unto him, Are we blind also?
41 Jesus said unto them, If ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I have God Jesus and teh Holy Spirit, self has no place,
My sheep hear my voicem who are you listening too.
You have chosen your path, you must walk it alone, you chose to go you way, you have heard teh truth, now you have no excuse, ignorance is bliss sometimes in Gods Kingdom.

40 And some of the Pharisees which were with him heard these words, and said unto him, Are we blind also?
41 Jesus said unto them, If ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth.

Some songs become so popular their verses lost all meaning and only the refrains remain with even less meaning. Jesus said unto them, If ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth.

Last edited:

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Some songs become so popular their verses lost all meaning and only the refrains remain with even less meaning.
But the song has not changed and never will for any man, and so few can remember the words, all forgotten in mens religion, traditions, and ignorance,

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Indecisiveness for the Lord Jesus Christ in any matter of conflict or case of heresy, is no indicator of wisdom or intelligence, or of courage, or resilience, but of weakness, fear, and cowardly defeat.

Last edited:

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Many, very many, shall in that day say, Look, God, your imperfect creation being perfected in me!
Imagine telling God, <<your imperfect creation>>! Worse, imagine telling God -- in that or any other day, but in That, Day, <<your imperfect creation being perfected in me!>>
Have you rewritten what Christ said to the people?
"Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?'" (Matthew 7:22).
Where did you get your version from...the Book of Mormon?