Evangelicals and the Sabbath

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I am talking Scripture that talks what Jesus taught. The Evangelicals when it comes to the Lord Jesus' Lordly Day of Resurrection from the dead, undergo instant metamorphosis into ORDINARY Roman Catholic bafoonish papalunaticist priests.

undergo instant metamorphosis into ORDINARY Roman Catholic bafoonish papalunaticist priests.[/QUOTE]????????Sorry.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Sabbath cant save you, adds nothing, it is only our faith (Obedience) in His works that does.

Are "you" in this three-in-one union and unity in the Scripture-Word, "the day The Seventh Day Sabbath OF THE LORD, YOUR, GOD"? Despicable, say they who “to the satisfaction of the fleshly mind make a shew of wisdom in will worship and humility and in the neglecting of The Body of Christ’s Own The Church, Sabbath’s Feasting .. eating and drinking of Christ the Substance.”

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Nice rant. Is Christ alone the issue or the condeming nature of your religion. You chose your religion, not God, now you have obey its rules teachings and statutes. Thats your doing, and its made you an angry man.
Are "you" in this three-in-one union and unity in the Scripture-Word, "the day The Seventh Day Sabbath OF THE LORD, YOUR, GOD"? Despicable, say they who “to the satisfaction of the fleshly mind make a shew of wisdom in will worship and humility and in the neglecting of The Body of Christ’s Own The Church, Sabbath’s Feasting .. eating and drinking of Christ the Substance.”

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Nice rant. Is Christ alone the issue or the condeming nature of your religion. You chose your religion, not God, now you have obey its rules teachings and statutes. Thats your doing, and its made you an angry man.

"Because Ephraim made many altars to sin, altars shall be unto him to sin. I have written to him the great things of My Law (Jesus Christ), but they were counted by him a strange thing. They sacrifice FLESH (wisdom, philosophy, <religion of choice>) for their sacrifices instead of Mine Offering (The Scripture Word of Truth). But the LORD accepts it not; now WILL HE, remember their iniquity and visit their sins." Hosea 8:11,12.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jesus is the bread of life, we eat of Him everday when we speak listen and learn of Him. And His church, His wonderful bride, spotless pure undefilld, is no religion, for she is no harlot. neither will she join herself to one. Thos in Christ rest in Him from there own works just as God did rom His, because in Christ the works are complete, all is finsihed, nothing left to for those in Him, but believe that He is, and that He is faithful in all things.

God bless

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who is starving

57 As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.

58 This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever.
Amen!

John 6:40 - Everyone who looks to the Son and believes in Him may have everlasting life; and I will raise him up at the last day.
John 6:54 - Whoever eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.

John 6:47 - Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me has everlasting life.
John 6:58 - He who eats this bread will live forever.

"He who believes" in Christ is equivalent to "he who eats this bread and drinks My blood," because the result is the same, eternal life. Jesus is the Bread of Life and believers eat of Him and are satisfied unto everlasting life. :)

Bread represents the "staff of life." Sustenance. That which essential to sustain life. Just as bread or sustenance is necessary to maintain physical life, Jesus is all the sustenance necessary for spiritual life. The source of physical life is blood -- "life is in the blood." As with the bread, just as blood is the empowering or source of life physically, Jesus is all the source of spiritual life necessary.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Jesus is the bread of life, we eat of Him everday when we speak listen and learn of Him. And His church, His wonderful bride, spotless pure undefilld, is no religion, for she is no harlot. neither will she join herself to one. Thos in Christ rest in Him from there own works just as God did rom His, because in Christ the works are complete, all is finsihed, nothing left to for those in Him, but believe that He is, and that He is faithful in all things.

What you actually wanted to say (may I help you?) is, the Scriptures', "Sabbath remaining for the People of God" is a Scriptures mistake.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Bread represents the "staff of life." Sustenance. That which essential to sustain life. Just as bread or sustenance is necessary to maintain physical life, Jesus is all the sustenance necessary for spiritual life. The source of physical life is blood -- "life is in the blood." As with the bread, just as blood is the empowering or source of life physically, Jesus is all the source of spiritual life necessary.

Good. Now where, is that <spiritual life> SEEN, HEARD, FELT, EXPERIENCED, JOINED, AS, "THE BODY THAT IS OF CHRIST'S OWN" -- <physically> and <essential to sustain life>?

Last edited:

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What you actually wanted to say (may I help you?) is, the Scriptures', "Sabbath remaining for the People of God" is a Scriptures mistake.
no just your lack of understanding. too much study not enough Jesus will do that to you
Mat 11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls

Reactions: mailmandan

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
no just your lack of understanding. too much study not enough Jesus will do that to you
Mat 11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls

Had it not been “THAT GOD RAISED UP JESUS, that the Word of Salvation was sent forth and proclaimed ON EVERY SABBATH EVERYWHERE EVERYONE GATHERED TO HEAR THE WORD OF GOD", no one would have had <understanding> of Jesus; no one would have had the Scriptures about Jesus.

You have no idea what it means what Jesus "AT THAT TIME .. ON THE SABBATH", "PREACHED" and said, "Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls." Matthew 11:25, 29, 12:1.

It's because you reject the Church that you reject the Sabbath and it's because you reject the Sabbath that you reject the Church and it's because you reject both the Church and the Sabbath that you reject Scripture that exposes your "will worship in disguise of puffed up humility".

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Had it not been “THAT GOD RAISED UP JESUS, that the Word of Salvation was sent forth and proclaimed ON EVERY SABBATH EVERYWHERE EVERYONE GATHERED TO HEAR THE WORD OF GOD", no one would have had <understanding> of Jesus; no one would have had the Scriptures about Jesus.

You have no idea what it means what Jesus "AT THAT TIME .. ON THE SABBATH", "PREACHED" and said, "Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls." Matthew 11:25, 29, 12:1.

It's because you reject the Church that you reject the Sabbath and it's because you reject the Sabbath that you reject the Church and it's because you reject both the Church and the Sabbath that you reject Scripture that exposes your "will worship in disguise of puffed up humility".
Yes like God, i reject mebs church mens religions mens ideoligies. What you become joined to. look what its done to you. Go look in a mirror, do you see Christ in you??

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Yes like God, i reject mebs church mens religions mens ideoligies. What you become joined to. look what its done to you. Go look in a mirror, do you see Christ in you??

Re: <<Go look in a mirror, do you see Christ in you??>>

Answer:
No, I see myself in the mirror.

RE: <<Yes like God, i reject mebs church mens religions mens ideoligies.>>

Question:
So do you see God when you look in the mirror?

Last edited:

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Do what? Conclude that the "Sabbath remaining for the People of God" is a Scriptures mistake.
no but christians who keep it are subject to all the laws. you break one yoy break them all. is it by the law you are trying to save yourself. Good luck with that one.

Reactions: mailmandan

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Re: <<Go look in a mirror, do you see Christ in you??>>

Answer:
No, I see myself in the mirror.

RE: <<Yes like God, i reject mebs church mens religions mens ideoligies.>>

Question:
So do see God when you look in the mirror?
Gods imperfect creation being perfected in Christ

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
So is your claim that <<We are not under any law>>, as you thoroughly know, plain false and the bluff of the fearing and fearful --- fearful of Scripture answers and Truth!
It's not a sin for the ekklesia to assemble and edify itself on Sundays, or any other days of the week, here's why:

Rom 6:14
For sin shall not have dominion over you: for you are not under the law, but under grace.

Heb 8:13
In that he says, A new covenant, he has made the first old. Now that which decays and waxes old is ready to vanish away.

Rom 7:4-6

(4) Wherefore, my brethren, you also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that you should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.
(5) For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death.
(6) But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

Reactions: mjrhealth

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
It's not a sin for the ekklesia to assemble and edify itself on Sundays, or any other days of the week, here's why:

Rom 6:14
For sin shall not have dominion over you: for you are not under the law, but under grace.

So it's useless information "Christ ACCORDING TO THE SCRIPTURES ROSE FROM THE DEAD THE THIRD DAY" of the Passover of Yahweh "in the Law and all the prophets", "ON THE SABBATH".

It's for sheer show Matthew in a single passage, 27:62 to 28:4 specified from FIVE points in actual time that Christ rose from the dead "on the Sabbath",
1) "On the day which is after the Preparation" (the Sixth Day); 2) "In fullness of the Sabbath there came a great earthquake"; 3) "Sabbath's-time in the mid-afternoon the angel cast the door-stone away from the sepulchre"; 4) "Sabbath towards the First Day"; 5) "Today .. Sabbath .. it being the third day He said He would rise..." "according to the Scriptures" the Passover-of-Yahweh Scriptures, the third day in "three days thick darkness", the children of Israel Prince of Peace came up from the depths.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Scorning, spiteful, down-looking, they find it amusing Scripture declares, "If Jesus gave them Rest and God of no other day again would speak (than) the Seventh Day He thus concerning spake .. by the Son .. in these last days .. And GOD the day The Seventh Day FROM ALL HIS WORKS RESTED."
That's where the Church stands, today, and even so it is not as bad as to be one's own church and religion by oneself.

Last edited: