Eveningtime Rituals, Sleep Hygiene, Relaxation Thread

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I used to dread evenings.

The sun going down used to signal a downward change in my mood, whether it be boredom, temptation, sadness, or a little of all.

I decided to battle against this, at hubbys suggsstion, with an evening ritual: scented candle, hot tea, journal, and music (chillhop).

It's been a gamechanger so far. I now look forward to every evening even when hubby is on the road trucking and I'm alone.

So my questions are what do you like to do to wind down? Do you have a calming routine? Does it change depending on your mood or is it consistent? Would you like to share nature videos or things that get you to fall asleep? You can do that here.

Happy evening to you all.

20220613_193402.jpg

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I used to dread evenings.

The sun going down used to signal a downward change in my mood, whether it be boredom, temptation, sadness, or a little of all.

I decided to battle against this, at hubbys suggsstion, with an evening ritual: scented candle, hot tea, journal, and music (chillhop).

It's been a gamechanger so far. I now look forward to every evening even when hubby is on the road trucking and I'm alone.

So my questions are what do you like to do to wind down? Do you have a calming routine? Does it change depending on your mood or is it consistent? Would you like to share nature videos or things that get you to fall asleep? You can do that here.

Happy evening to you all.

View attachment 23448
I have trouble sometimes with boredom during the last hours of the day. It would be nice to just be able to sit down and watch TV, but even with cable TV, there isn't that much on that I find entertaining. A short while ago I was finding some entertainment from videos on the internet of live performances of Christian music. With my Spectrum cable there is a long list of movies I can watch for free, but it's challenging for me finding a good one, though this evening I found one that I watched all the way through, and "FBI" (CBS - 8:00 Pacific Time) is a good show.

Reactions: Wynona

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I overdose on scripture as often as possible. Keeping my attention and focus on God as much as possible as to minimize the minds wanderings.

“Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.” (Isaiah 26:3)

Reactions: Wynona