Every Scripture- IN ORDER- revealing Who God really is!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Remember my friend that you and I are also included in this verse with regard to who is unable to direct his own steps:

"O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps." Jerem 10:23

That's why we depend on His direction, Amadeus!

Reactions: amadeus

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matt 10: 29- Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? and not one of them shall fall on the ground without your Father knowing:
30- but the very hairs of your head are all numbered.
31- Fear not therefore: ye are of more value than many sparrows.
32- Every one therefore who shall confess me before men, him will I also confess before my Father who is in heaven.
33- But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father who is in heaven.
40- He that receiveth you receiveth me, and he that receiveth me receiveth Him that sent me.

'My Father' is a separate Personage- a Superior one.
Jesus later tells Mary he is going to his GOD.
The opening of many ‘New Testament’ books open with something like 'Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord, Jesus Christ'.
Jesus is not literally God- but SPOKE for Him and he SERVES Him, as we will see stated time and again as we continue thru
the scriptures.

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
Read the Scripture, man was "FORMED"/Made on the 3rd day, only the Sexes Male and Female was Made on the 6th day.... (smile). now check your reading of the scriptures and if you like to discuss it, fine.

Peace in Christ Jesus.

I once had a man tell me that Jesus was the only man that was ever exactly 6' tall. He told me to read the Scriptures.

Like they say in Missouri: Show me! Where man was formed on the 3rd day.

Reactions: theQuestion

KBCid

Dec 22, 2011
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reactions: theQuestion

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matt 11: 25- At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the
wise and prudent and have revealed them to babes.
26- Even so, Father, for so it seemed good in Your sight.
27- All things have been delivered to me by My Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father. Nor does anyone know the Father except the Son, and the one to whom the Son wills to reveal Him.

Who is this 'Father' Christ speaks of?
Unless it is revealed to you by Christ, you just don't know.
Take the churchoids- some have even told me Jesus is ALSO the Father. He is his own Father!
The common Version of the Trinity holds they are Three Separate Beings (i.e. Gods) sharing the same office, claiming they have equal
authority, yet Christ NEVER said he was equal with God- even tho some of the scriptures seem to say it in THEIR minds. For example~

Philippians 2 even tells us Jesus never CONSIDERED trying to be equal with God!
Thus it is important to pay close attention to Christ’s words FIRST- for HE should KNOW!

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Churches say the spirit ("Breath") of God is a Ghost-God; nameless, never seen, Co-Equal God/Being/Person/Essence and/or Nature with, the Jesus-God, and the God-God (the Father). Does that fit in with what Christ says NEXT?~

Matt 12:31- Every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven people, but the blasphemy against the spirit will not be forgiven.
32- And whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but whoever speaks against the holy spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come.

To understand this, you must understand what the words mean.
"Blasphemy"
The Greek root blasphem- [blasfhmevw] can be used of strong insults thrown at other people, or even unjust accusations, but it is more usually used of insults offered to God

Jesus picks up the Numbers 15 passage about blasphemy in his famous saying about blasphemy against the Holy Spirit.
Numbers 15:22-31 distinguishes between unintentional sin committed in ignorance (for which forgiveness is possible),
and deliberate, defiant sin, called blasphemy, for which there is no forgiveness.

Jesus teaches that the blasphemy for which there is no forgiveness is that against the holy spirit; all other blasphemies, particularly those against "the Son of Man, " may be forgiven. Insults thrown at "the Son of Man" may be forgiven because they are committed in ignorance of who he really is.

But to ascribe obvious manifestations of the spirit to the devil's agency is a much more serious offense not committed in ignorance.

"Holy Spirit"
"Holy"=Set Apart, Distinct, for a pure, divine purpose
"Spirit"= Breath or the Wind, used to denote an unseen force

Note that no 'Trinity' is included- no reference to a 'Co-Equal' Father or a Nameless God-Ghost whom one could blaspheme against as not be forgiven- and even doing so against JESUS is forgiven- but NOT when it is against God who works through His...HOLY BREATH ("SPIRIT")

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matt 14:32- And when they were come into the ship, the wind ceased. 33- Then they that were in the ship came and worshipped him, saying, Of a truth thou art the Son of God.

"Bow down", "worship", "Homage", "Obesiance"- in those days, commonly done as a gesture of respect to one's authority;
they never did it to servants or poor people.
Worship MEANS to show the Highest Honor to someone; thus those of us that honor Christ WORSHIP him as the Son of God,
our Lord, King, and Savior- as THEY did. They, nor WE worship him as the Almighty!

(Note that they do NOT address him as God)

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matt 16:26- What good will it be for you to gain the whole world, yet forfeit your soul? Or what can you give in exchange for your soul?
27- For the Son of Man is going to come in his Father's glory with his angels, and then he will reward everyone according to what they have done."

In his FATHER'S/GOD'S Glory- not his OWN as One of Three Gods/Beings,Essences, Natures, Person's- whatever!

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matt 20: 23- Jesus said to them, "You will indeed drink from my cup, but to sit at my right or left is not for me to grant. These places belong to hose for whom they have been prepared by my Father."

No "Co-Equality" seen here.
His Father- his GOD- has superior authority.
No Ghost is mentioned.
NEVER any 'Trinity'.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
His Father- his GOD- has superior authority.
Philippians 2:6 "Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God".
Isaiah 44:8 "Fear ye not, neither be afraid: have not I told thee from that time, and have declared it? ye are even my witnesses. Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any".

Isaiah 46:5 "To whom will ye liken me, and make me equal, and compare me, that we may be like?"
Isaiah 40:25 "To whom then will ye liken me, or shall I be equal? saith the Holy One".

when you used the term "Father" are you using it biologically, yes or no?.

PCY.

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
EVERYTHING Christ said and taught about himself and his Father made it EASY to discern he was not God- but one close & dear to Him.
Matt 22:1- Jesus spoke to them again in parables, saying:
2- "The kingdom of heaven is like a king who prepared a wedding banquet for his son...

Here he used an Illustration EVERY SINGLE JEW could easily understand: Father & Son.
Many Trinitarians have told me Jesus IS the Father, as well as the Son....
They ALL believe they are Three God Beings/Persons/Essences/Natures!
Three Gods. But they SAY they are "one" God- as if that magically makes it so!

No bearing to the illustration- but what Jesus taught DOES! A Father and his son.

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matt 22:29- Jesus replied, "You are in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God.
30- At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven.
31- But about the resurrection of the dead— have you not read what God said to you,
32- 'I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob' ? He is not the God of the dead but of the living."
33- When the crowds heard this,they were astonished at his teaching.

Now people will read MANY things into THESE words- but one thing is 'DEAD' certain: Jesus was, AGAIN, referring to God as someone OTHER than himself , and that the dead are NOT alive- but will be RESURRECTED- which he is discussing here!

(In one of the other accounts the writer wrote he also said "for they are LIVING to Him"!)

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matt 22:42 - saying, What think ye of the Christ? whose son is he? They say unto him, The son of David.
43- He saith unto them, How then doth David in the spirit call him Lord, saying,
44- Jehovah said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, Till I put thine enemies underneath thy feet?
45- If David then calleth him Lord, how is he his son?
46- And no one was able to answer him a word, neither durst any man from that day forth ask him any more questions.

You Trinitarians- whose son WAS he?
God was His Own Son? Son of Himself? Son of Themselves?
How as he a "son"?
One 'Almighty God' says to ANOTHER 'Almighty God' to sit at His right hand until He subdues His enemies????

There is no 'Trinity' here!
Here Jesus quotes the Psalms where it says "Jehovah said to my Lord".
An early prophecy about His son's coming role.

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
After foretelling the things that would happen in the Last Days, he said-

Matt 24:36- But of that day and hour knoweth no one, not even the angels of heaven, neither the son, but the Father only.

Co-equal 'Trinity'? Where all Three would know?
Or the One True God- Jehovah?
(Rhetorical Question)