Every Scripture- IN ORDER- revealing Who God really is!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

KBCid

Dec 22, 2011
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Genesis 1:1 tells us that God first made the heavens and the earth, on the first day of creation.

ummm No it doesn't. It states the God made the heavens and the earth in the time period defined as the beginning and there is no reference anywhere that the terminology of the beginning is equivalent to a day. Here is a mechanical translation of Genesis 1:1 and 1:2

בְּרֵאשִׁית בָּרָּא אֱלֹהִׁים אֵת הַשָּמַיִׁם וְּאֵת הָּאָרֶץ

Gen1:1
in~ Summit he~ did~ Fatten “Elohiym [Powers]”
At the~ Sky~ s2 and~ At the~ Land

וְּהָּאָרֶץ הָּיְּתָּה תֹהוּ וָּבֹהוּ וְּחֹשֶךְ עַל פְּנֵי תְּהוֹם וְּרוּחַ אֱלֹהִׁים

מְּרַחֶפֶת עַל פְּנֵי הַמָּיִׁם

Gen1:2and~ the~ Land she~ had~ Exist Confusion
and~ Unfilled and~ Darkness Upon
Face~ s Deep.sea and~ Wind “Elohiym
[Powers]” much~ Flutter~ ing(fs) Upon
Face~ s the~ Water~ s2
Free pdf ----> http://www.ancient-hebrew.org/free/files/mtg.pdf

Besides the whole learning ancient Hebrew thing that everyone should pursue we have the plain translated words of Christ that assert that nothing was made that was made without the word and the question of the day for you here is what were the first words of God?

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ummm No it doesn't. It states the God made the heavens and the earth in the time period defined as the beginning and there is no reference anywhere that the terminology of the beginning is equivalent to a day.

Gen 2:4- These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that Jehovah God made earth and heaven.

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
NOWHERE in ANY of the many visions of God is there seen ANYTHING like the Trinity, or a Nameless Ghost!

In the 11th Chapter of Ezekiel, we find a another rare pre-Christian reference to the holy spirit.
Keep in mind , as you read it, that the Hebrew word used literally means “wind”and "breath", as does its Greek counterpart:

Ez 11:22- Then did the cherubim lift up their wings, and the wheels were beside them; and the glory of the God of Israel was over them above.
23- And the glory of Jehovah went up from the midst of the city, and stood upon the mountain which is on the east side of the city.
24- And the spirit lifted me up, and brought me in the vision by the spirit of God into Chaldea,
to them of the captivity. So the vision that I had seen went up from me.
25- Then I spake unto them of the captivity all the things that Jehovah had showed me. -ASV

One’s belief of what the holy spirit is can easliy flavor our understanding of this verse; was it the POWER of God that enabled Ezekiel to see
and experience this vision- or a nameless ‘God-the-Ghost’?

KBCid

Dec 22, 2011
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gen 2:4- These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, "in the day" that Jehovah God made earth and heaven.

In Gen 2:4 The word construction translated "in the day" is beyôm which is a specialized use of yom and in this case means "when" or "at the time when" and not "in the day".
Thus, Gen 2:4 should read ".....at the time when the Lord God made the earth and heaven"

This same word usage can be found in Numbers 3:11These also are the generations of Aaron and Moses in the day that the LORD spake with Moses in mount Sinai.

As we should all know Moses spent 40 days and nights in the mount with God. There are a number of cases besides this one referenced where the same word construction is used to signify a period of time just as "in the beginning" specifies a period of time.

I would also point out again that without the word nothing was made that was made and one should know when the first words of God occur in scripture.
It is written "man shall live by every word of the mouth of God" and if any man cannot properly denote when God's first words are uttered in scripture then it is worthy of question as to the understanding one could possibly have of God's word.

Reactions: Richard_oti

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Gen 2:4 The word construction translated "in the day" is beyôm which is a specialized use of yom and in this case means "when" or "at the time when" and not "in the day".
Thus, Gen 2:4 should read ".....at the time when the Lord God made the earth and heaven"

This same word usage can be found in Numbers 3:11These also are the generations of Aaron and Moses in the day that the LORD spake with Moses in mount Sinai.

As we should all know Moses spent 40 days and nights in the mount with God. There are a number of cases besides this one referenced where the same word construction is used to signify a period of time just as "in the beginning" specifies a period of time.

I would also point out again that without the word nothing was made that was made and one should know when the first words of God occur in scripture.
It is written "man shall live by every word of the mouth of God" and if any man cannot properly denote when God's first words are uttered in scripture then it is worthy of question as to the understanding one could possibly have of God's word.

Just one of the many errors of the KJV.
Strange how you can catch THAT, but not the error of your view.
It opens telling us He created all things, then tells us the details.
THAT simple and true.
The EARTH already existed when God began 'terra-forming' it.

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Daniel, the ancient Hebrew prophet, was the next to "see” God - and also the one we know as Christ, in a vision long before Jesus was born a man, and given that name~

Daniel 7: 9 - As I looked, thrones were set in place, and the Ancient of Days took his seat. His clothing was as white as snow; the hair of His head was white like wool. His throne was flaming with fire, and its wheels were all ablaze.
10 - A river of fire was flowing, coming out from before Him. Thousands upon thousands attended Him; ten thousand times ten thousand stood before Him. The court was seated, and the books were opened.
13- In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man, coming with the clouds of heaven. He
approached the Ancient of Days and was led into His presence.
14-And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.

Note how the "son of man" is "coming with the clouds"- and prophesied of the Last Days. This takes place in HEAVEN.
No 'Rapture'; clouds were used to picture things unseen in heaven.
There is no 3-Person Godhead, with one God giving another God this kingship. No Nameless 'Holy GHOST', as always.
The simple- yet dynamic- picture reveals the One TRUE God choosing someone to be the King of Kings.
We KNOW who that one is!
(Also see Dan 2:44)

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The earth did already exist in (Gen. 1:1). The six day recreation did take 6 24hour days.

Stranger

KBCid

Dec 22, 2011
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just one of the many errors of the KJV.
Strange how you can catch THAT, but not the error of your view.
It opens telling us He created all things, then tells us the details.
THAT simple and true.
The EARTH already existed when God began 'terra-forming' it.

You assert that I have an error of view but you still avoid answering the question posed twice now. When does the first words of God appear in the text.
I would also point out that my understanding is that "earth" as It is defined by God already existed prior to the action of the Father and the Son on it. So tell me how my view is in error?

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You assert that I have an error of view but you still avoid answering the question posed twice now. When does the first words of God appear in the text.
I would also point out that my understanding is that "earth" as It is defined by God already existed prior to the action of the Father and the Son on it. So tell me how my view is in error?

My apologies; I lumped you in with the others! Working and Discussions like these don't mix very well!
Since the Bible is INSPIRED of God, the "first words" is Genesis itself.
If you refer to his speaking within the account, it is when He spoke to His son and the other angels: vs 3.

Please correct me if I am - OOPS! not claiming to be God!- mistaken....

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
Gen1:1 in~ Summit he~ did~ Fatten “Elohiym [Powers]”
At the~ Sky~ s2 and~ At the~ Land

I gotta say, I gave this a brief perusal, and it gives me a headache, though I do see what the author was attempting to do.

The author renders re'shit "summit". "Summit" would be more with regard to ro'sh H7218 from which re'shit was formed.

Re'shit was formed using the Khereek Malay [Hireq Yod] Tav suffix. The form was influenced by it's antonym 'akharit H319.

I would be curious to see how the author handled BRA' in Yehoshua` [Joshua] 17:15 and Yekhezq'el [Ezekiel] 23:47. The reason being, is that there are three homographs of BRA'

1. to create / form / shape : cp Arabic bara'a ; Syriac bera'
2. to be fat cp Arabic bari'a ; Aramaic bera'

With regard to 2. Also cp related base mara' H4754 Qal to be filthy / to be fat ; from which meriy' H4806 fatling is derived. [mara' also consists of two homographs. The other : Qal "to soar"]

mara' : cp Akkadian shumru to fatten ; Ugaritic mra to become fat ; Arabic mari'a
meriy' : cp Ugaritic mr fatling

3. to cut down cp Arabic bara

In 1 Shemu'el [Samuel] 2:29 both of those that I happened to mention occur in the phrase:

le-haberi'akem me-re'shit

In conclusion: IMO the work of this author might make for an interesting reference. But beyond that, for myself, I wouldn't lean too heavily upon it.

Just my thoughts.

Last edited:

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008

Concurred. We also have the idiom in English:

Remember back in the day, when gas only .13 cents a gallon and a weeks worth of groceries for a family of four was only a sawbuck.

Such does not refer to a "day", but rather a period of time or time period.

<snip>

jimd

Oct 14, 2017
catawissa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Remember back in the day, when gas only .13 cents a gallon and a weeks worth of groceries for a family of four was only a sawbuck.

<snip>
Yes, the Hebrew word for "day" actually has several different meanings. If you notice the seventh day is still in progress according to scripture, Heb. 3 & 4.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

<snip>
I must disagree with you on that. listen, Genesis 2:4 "These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens" this is no idiom, but FACT. because Creation is a single act. and things that was made was and is continuance. so that disqualify your statement.

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My, they quibble over even the beginning of God's Word, as simple as it is!
That what happens when trying to squeeze a square peg into a round hole...

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matt 1:19- And Joseph her husband, being a righteous man, and not willing to make her a public example, was minded to put her away privily.
20- But when he thought on these things, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream,saying, Joseph,

[Since God's son hadn't been born, nor yet made "Lord", and since Jews and early antichrists REMOVED God's name- this "Lord" was Jehovah, not Jesus]

thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the holy spirit.

[ No God-Person/Being/Essence/Nature had sex with Mary - it was God's POWER that transferred the life of His son into Mary's womb ]

21- And she shall bring forth a son; and thou shalt call his name JESUS; for it is he that shall save his people from their sins.

"Jesus" meaning "Salvation of Jehovah" or "Jehovah is Salvation". God- or 'ONE' of 'them'- did not become a God-Baby, a God-Boy, nor a Teen God....
Gabriel later explained to Mary that the spirit was “the Power of the Most High”.

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matt 3:16- As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting on him.
17- And a voice from heaven said,' This is my son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased. '

The holy spirit (not a 'Holy GHOST')- which is referred to as 'Power' by the angel Gabriel, is seen as a glowing shape,
'LIKE' a dove; doves glow in sunlight. Not human-like form as God, Christ and angels appear in vision, as angels
used to appear when on earth. ALWAYS some form of light. At Pentecost, ( Acts2 ) the sound of a rushing
breeze is heard ('Spirit'/ Ruach, Pnema/Wind), and it appears 'Like' flame.
No Third God or God/Person/Being/Essence/Nature- but the Breath ("spirit") of God; POWER!

Then the Voice.
No God #1 ('God-the-Father') sending God #3 ('God-the-Ghost') uopn God #2, who was now a man to possess 'Him'.
God was speaking to His son.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[ No God-Person/Being/Essence/Nature had sex with Mary - it was God's POWER that transferred the life of His son into Mary's womb ]
God's Power?, scripture, 1 Corinthians 1:24 "But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God". will you mind explaining this verse where Christ is the POWER, and Power here is G1411 δύναμις dunamis (d̮ï '-na-mis) n.and not G1849, exousia .......... (Smile) can't wait for that answer.

KBCid

Dec 22, 2011
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My apologies; I lumped you in with the others! Working and Discussions like these don't mix very well!
Since the Bible is INSPIRED of God, the "first words" is Genesis itself.

The Genesis account given to man AFTER man already existed is indeed the inspired words of God and it also means they are not Gods first words since God spoke prior to mans existence.

If you refer to his speaking within the account, it is when He spoke to His son and the other angels: vs 3.

It is impossible that at the moment when vs 3 was spoken that the angels already existed since nothing was created that was created except through the Son and the Son was the first word and the light brought into existence. Thus angels would have to come after the Son but before the placing of the cornerstone of the earth.

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Genesis account given to man AFTER man already existed is indeed the inspired words of God and it also means they are not Gods first words since God spoke prior to mans existence.

It is impossible that at the moment when vs 3 was spoken that the angels already existed since nothing was created that was created except through the Son and the Son was the first word and the light brought into existence. Thus angels would have to come after the Son but before the placing of the cornerstone of the earth.
My how they always ASSume!~

Job 38:4- Where were you when I laid the foundation of the earth?
Tell me, if you have understanding.
5 Who determined its measurements—surely you know!
Or who stretched the line upon it?
6 On what were its bases sunk,
or who laid its cornerstone,
7 when the morning stars sang together,
and all the sons of God shouted for joy?