• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Harold

Nov 11, 2022
Canada
jesus-saves-all.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Daniel 12:2 Multitudes who sleep in the dust of the earth will awake: some to olam life, others to shame and olam contempt.

The original Hebrew word for "everlasting" is correctly translated as "age lasting". Which reveals there is an age of sin and an age free of sin, an age of death and an age of life.

עוֹלָ֔ם (‘ō·w·lām)

Noun - masculine singular

Strong's 5769:

Some will enter עוֹלָ֔ם (‘ō·w·lām) contempt and others to עוֹלָ֔ם (‘ō·w·lām) life. Some will have life for an age, and others will have death for an age. But eventually, all will have life for an age.

A good English equivalent is “eon” which means a length of time. And like ever length of time, there is a beginning and an end.

God has revealed that the age of sin will not last because everyone will believe with faith alone in Christ, and thus all people will be washed away of their sins. The Lord hates sin, which is why He desires to wash away all sin. The Lord loves everyone, which is why He desires to save everyone.

Rom. 11:36 "Of Him and through Him and to Him are ALL THINGS, to whom be glory forever. Amen"

2 Cor. 5:14 "Christ's love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for ALL, and therefore all died."

Harold

Nov 11, 2022
Canada
jesus-saves-all.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
who sleep

מִיְּשֵׁנֵ֥י (mî·yə·šê·nê)

Preposition-m | Noun - masculine plural construct

Strong's 3463: Sleeping

in Sheol,

שְּׁא֣וֹל (šə·’ō·wl)

Noun - common singular

Strong's 7585: Underworld (place to which people descend at death)

And where do they sleep? In Sheol, which is the realm of the dead, where both the believers and the unbelievers rest, which is not hell. Those who believed in Jesus Christ before dying will awake and go to Heaven. Those who did not believe in Jesus Christ, Christ Jesus Himself will come to them and convince them to believe in Him, and won’t stop persuading them until they believe in Jesus Christ as their Saviour with faith alone.

PSALM 139:8 If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in Sheol, you are there.

The Lord is in Sheol! Why? Because He’s saving everyone in Sheol!

if I make my bed

וְאַצִּ֖יעָה (wə·’aṣ·ṣî·‘āh)

Conjunctive waw | Verb - Hifil - Conjunctive imperfect Cohortative - first person common singular

Strong's 3331: To strew as a, surface

Why do people make a bed? To sleep on. That means, everyone will have a bed in Sheol, everyone will be sleeping in Sheol, and God is there watching over everyone sleeping in their Sheol beds.

1 Samuel 2:6 The Lord kills and he gives life, he sends down to Sheol, he can bring the dead up again.

The dead meaning all the dead brought up again.

Psalm 16:10 You will not leave my soul in Sheol.

The Lord will never leave anyone’s soul in Sheol, everyone will enter into New Jerusalem!

Psalm NEB 86:13 For thy true love stands high above me; thou hast rescued my soul from the depths of Sheol.

True love for someone means rescuing their soul from Sheol. Thus, everyone in Sheol will be rescored, because God, who is the true God of love, has true love for every person in existence!

Psalm NEB 116:3-8 The cords of death bend me, Sheol held me in its grip . so I invoked the Lord by name. "Deliver me, 0 Lord, I beseech thee..." Gracious is the Lord and righteous, our God is full of compassion ...I was brought low and he saved me ... He has rescued me from death.

The Lord delivers all those who ask and invoke His name, which means, all who believe in Christ. Thus, everyone in Sheol will want to be saved and will be saved by believing in Jesus.

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nobody gets to God unless they repent and present themselves before God with a broken heart & contrite spirit !

Reactions: ScottA

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Daniel 12:2 Multitudes who sleep in the dust of the earth will awake: some to olam life, others to shame and olam contempt.

The original Hebrew word for "everlasting" is correctly translated as "age lasting". Which reveals there is an age of sin and an age free of sin, an age of death and an age of life.

עוֹלָ֔ם (‘ō·w·lām)

Noun - masculine singular

Strong's 5769:

Some will enter עוֹלָ֔ם (‘ō·w·lām) contempt and others to עוֹלָ֔ם (‘) life. Some will have life for an age, and others will have death for an age. But eventually, all will have life for an age.

A good English equivalent is “eon” which means a length of time. And like ever length of time, there is a beginning and an end.

God has revealed that the age of sin will not last because everyone will believe with faith alone in Christ, and thus all people will be washed away of their sins. The Lord hates sin, which is why He desires to wash away all sin. The Lord loves everyone, which is why He desires to save everyone.

Rom. 11:36 "Of Him and through Him and to Him are ALL THINGS, to whom be glory forever. Amen"

2 Cor. 5:14 "Christ's love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for ALL, and therefore all died."
You have defined ō·w·lām in regard to "everlasting contempt" incorrectly. Defining things the way the world defines them is the problem with what you have presented. That is not the gist of what is by definition, "not of this world." This is quite simple:

The KJV translates Strong's H5769 in the following manner: ever (272x), everlasting (63x), old (22x), perpetual (22x), evermore (15x), never (13x), time (6x), ancient (5x), world (4x), always (3x), alway (2x), long (2x), more (2x), never (with H408) (2x), miscellaneous (6x).

The point is not to understand the matters of God and of the kingdom in terms of the world which is passing away--which none of this is about, but rather in terms of the kingdom which is very simply, eternal. None of this is actually about the world, but is about after the world has passed away and all things are eternal.

In that context then--if you care to actually understand--the scriptures paint a clear picture of one man of sin eternally being thrown into the lake of fire, and One man (Jesus) eternally being One with God in heavenly spender. All of which is forever. But neither man is just one man as such, but as with Christ, is "a body of many members"--so too is the man of sin (a "father" of many).

On the contrary, what you are claiming is that darkness is not done away with, but is converted to be light. Again, however, that is not at all the gist of the overall scriptural message.

Reactions: Keturah

Harold

Nov 11, 2022
Canada
jesus-saves-all.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
MALACHI 3:6-7, 10 "I the Lord do not change. So you, 0 descendants of Jacob, are not destroyed ... Return to me, and I will return to you," says the Lord Almighty..."Test me in this," says the Lord Almighty, "and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it."

God’s blessing will be so amazing that we’ll be totally filled in awe over His salvation of everyone.

Harold

Nov 11, 2022
Canada
jesus-saves-all.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Genesis 12:3 All peoples on earth will be blessed through Abraham.

All people will be saved. All descendants of not just Abraham, but of Adam, and all God’s creation.

Harold

Nov 11, 2022
Canada
jesus-saves-all.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Genesis 22:18 All nations on earth will be blessed through Abraham’s offspring.

All nations will receive God’s blessing of salvation. All descendants of Abraham, all descendants of Adam are saved by believing in Christ by faith alone. Abraham believed in God and it was counted on him as righteousness, he was seen as a friend to God.

Harold

Nov 11, 2022
Canada
jesus-saves-all.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Psalms 22:27 All the ends of the earth and all the families of the nations will acknowledge God.

All ends of the earth will receive salvation. Everyone acknowledger’s God by believing in Christ with faith alone to be saved permanently.

Harold

Nov 11, 2022
Canada
jesus-saves-all.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
1 Tim. 2:3-6, "This is good and acceptable in the sight of our God our saviour; Who will have all men to be saved, and to come to the knowledge of the truth. For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus: Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time."

Everyone is saved. Christ is the mediator between all men and Christ, that is, all descendants of Adam who died, and all will believe in Christ, who will all be made alive.

Harold

Nov 11, 2022
Canada
jesus-saves-all.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
1 John 2:2 Jesus "is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the whole world."

Everyone receives salvation. Jesus will wash our not only our sins, but the sins of the whole world. That is, the entire world will believe in Christ and thus have all their sins washed away.

Harold

Nov 11, 2022
Canada
jesus-saves-all.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
John 12:47 Jesus "did not come to judge the world but to save the world."

God came to save everyone. Everyone will go to Heaven through faith alone in Jesus Christ.

Harold

Nov 11, 2022
Canada
jesus-saves-all.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Heb. 2:9 "Jesus, was made a little lower than the angels, for the suffering of death crowned with glory and honor, that He, by the grace of God, might taste death for everyone."

God’s grace saves all. Jesus experienced a one time death on the cross and was brought back to life. He tasted death, which is the wages of sin. ECT is false because Jesus would have to be tortured forever, yet He came back to life. Annihilationism is false because Jesus would have to stay dead, and yet He rose back to life.

Harold

Nov 11, 2022
Canada
jesus-saves-all.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Luke 1:37 "With God nothing is impossible."

God can do anything. God will save everyone. Because that His desire, out of love, to wash away all sins, and to finish creation. Thus all people will become believers in God through faith alone and be saved.

Harold

Nov 11, 2022
Canada
jesus-saves-all.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
1 Tim. 4:9-11 "This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptance. For to this end we both labor and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, Who is the Savior of all men, especially of those who believe. These things command and teach."

God will save us all, because He is the Saviour of all people. Christ is actively saving people right now, because many people are believing with faith alone in Jesus and becoming saved. That is a hope that is alive, the hope to give life. And that hope will never die, because we trust in the living God, who will grant life to all people.

Harold

Nov 11, 2022
Canada
jesus-saves-all.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Phil. 2:10:11 "At the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and those on earth, and of those under the earth, and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father."

God the Father will make all tongues confess their gratefulness in salvation. Everyone everywhere will become believers in Christ the Lord through faith alone.

Harold

Nov 11, 2022
Canada
jesus-saves-all.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Believe in Jesus Christ with faith alone to be saved. Everyone will become believers in Jesus Christ with faith alone and thus be saved and all people will go to Heaven.

Titus 2:11 For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation for all people,

Today is January 25th, 2023 (In my time zone, you might have a different time zone if you live somewhere else in the world).

On this day, January 25, 1978, Volodymyr Oleksandrovych Zelenskyy was born in Kryvyi Rih, Ukrainian SSR, Soviet Union (now Ukraine). He is the current President of Ukraine as of the time of writing this.

Now Zelensky has turned 45 years old today. I wish a very happy birthday to Zelensky! :D For his great service in protecting the country of Ukraine from the evil Russian threat.

Vladmir Putin, chief prince of Rosh, Mesech (Ezekiel 38), President of Russia is evil. He has committed many great sins and abominations in the face of the Lord. Mass murder, mass kidnapping of children, mass torture. The Lord is against Putin!

Genesis 6:11-13 Now the earth was corrupt in the sight of God, and the earth was filled with violence.

To summarize what’s wrong with the Russian Orthodox Church (ROC), which is also evil, as they support the Russian Federation’s evil invasion of Ukraine.

Ezekiel 7:23 Make the chain, for the land is full of bloody crimes and the city is full of violence.

The Russian Orthodox Church promotes the FALSE worship of Mary (a mere flawed human sinner) rather than the TRUE worship of the Lord (the Perfect Almighty One)

Matthew 4:10 Then Jesus said to him, “Be gone, Satan! For it is written, “‘You shall worship the Lord your God and him only shall you serve.’”

The LORD is our only God! He is one! We only worship Christ Jesus as the Lord of Lords and the King of Kings.

Exodus 34:14 (for you shall worship no other god, for the Lord, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God),

Russian Orthodoxy falsely states that water baptism is required to be saved! FALSE!

It is by faith alone in Jesus Christ by which we are saved, not by the works of water baptism. Baptism is merely a metaphor by how believing in Jesus Christ washes away our sins. Baptism is not needed for salvation, it’s only simple belief in Christ Jesus

Genesis 15:6 And he believed the Lord, and he counted it to him as righteousness.

The Russian Orthodox Church claims to be “Orthodox” yet their beliefs deviate from what the Early Christian Church taught! Therefore, it is good that Zelensky is exposing the Russian Federation for it’s crimes against humanity.

James 2:23 And the Scripture was fulfilled that says, “Abraham believed God, and it was counted to him as righteousness”—and he was called a friend of God.

Harold

Nov 11, 2022
Canada
jesus-saves-all.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Col. 1:19, 21, 22 "God was pleased to have all fullness dwell in Him, and through Him to reconcile to Himself ALL THINGS on earth or in heaven, by making peace through His blood, shed on the cross. Once you were alienated from God and were enemies in your minds because of your evil behavior. But now he has reconciled you by Christ's physical body through death to present you holy in His sight, without blemish and free from accusation."

God’s fullness of plan is to save everyone. All things. All fullness means everyone will be reconciled with Him, we were all God’s enemies at one point, but we’re saved by belief in Christ with faith alone and thus all will be made His friends :D

Harold

Nov 11, 2022
Canada
jesus-saves-all.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Acts 3:21 In Jesus Christ is "the restoration of ALL THINGS, which God has spoken by the mouth of all His holy prophets since the world began."

God will restore every thing, and all mouths will confess that Jesus Christ is Saviour. First by the prophets was Christian Universalism spoken of, and eventually, all people will speak the truth of Christ’s Universal Salvation by their mouths.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My beliefs that are relevant to this discussion are as follows:
-> Everyone goes to Heaven.
-> Specifically, everyone will be saved through Jesus Christ.
-> Salvation is through faith alone in Jesus Christ, not of works.
-> Once saved, always saved. You cannot lose your salvation.

and other basic tenants
The Bible destroys ALL of your positions . . .

1. -> Everyone goes to Heaven.
2. -> Specifically, everyone will be saved through Jesus Christ.

NOT
according to the Word of God . . .

The faithful will be saved – while the unfaithful will go off to ETERNAL punishment (Isa. 33:11, 14, Matt. 7:21-23, Matt. 25:14-30, 25:31-46, Mark 9:47–48, Luke 3:16-17, 2 Thess. 1:6-9).

3. -> Salvation is through faith alone in Jesus Christ, not of works.
WRONG
There is NIO such thing as “fath” without works.

Faith = Belied + Obedience (works, surrender). Works are NOT a byproduct of “Faith” – they are an essential element of faith. Even the demons have “belief” (James 2:19) – but they don’t have faith.

4. -> Once saved, always saved. You cannot lose your salvation.
This is a Scripturally-bankrupt claim. In fact – the ONLY way to reconcile this false teaching is by cherry-picking verses of Scripture.

The CONTEXT of Scripture shows that you can indeed lose your security . . .

Romans 11:22
“See, then, the kindness and severity of God: severity toward those who fell, but God's kindness to you, provided you REMAIN in his kindness; otherwise you to will be cut off.”
Paul is warning the faithful to REMAIN in God’s favor or they will lose their salvation. How can they lose what they never had?

Hebrews 10:26-27
“If we sin deliberately AFTER receiving KNOWLEDGE of the truth
, there no longer remains sacrifice for sins but a fearful prospect of judgment and a flaming fire that is going to consume the adversaries.”

This is a clear warning that falling away from God will result in the loss of our salvation. The Greek ford for “knowledge” used here is NOT the usual word (oida). This is talking about a full, experiential knowledge (epignosei). This verse is about CHRISTIANS who had an EPIGNOSIS of Christ and who can fall back into darkness and LOSE their salvation by their own doing.

2 Peter 2:20-22
For if they, having escaped the defilements of the world through the KNOWLEDGE of our Lord and savior Jesus Christ, again become entangled and overcome by them, their last condition is worse than their first.
For it would have been better for them not to have KNOWN the way of righteousness than after knowing it to turn back from the holy commandment handed down to them.

Here, Peter illustrates that those who had a full, experiential knowledge (epignosei) of Christ – CHRISTIANS – who can fall back into darkness and LOSE their salvation by their own doing.

Matt. 5:13
You are the salt of the earth. But if salt loses its taste, with what can it be seasoned? It is no longer good for anything but to be thrown out and trampled underfoot.

This one is self-explanatory . . .

1 Cor. 9:27
"I pummel my body and subdue it, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified."

Paul is saying that he wrestles with his own fleshly desires so that he might not fall back into sin.

2 Peter 3:17
Therefore, dear friends, since you already know this, be on your guard so that you may not be carried away by the error of lawless men and
fall from your secure position.
Peter is warning the faithful not to fall back into sin and lawlessness.

1 John 2:24
See that what you have heard from the beginning remains in you. IF it does, you also will REMAIN in the Son and in the Father.

This is an admonition to try to remain faithful.

Rev. 3:5
He who overcomes will, like them, be dressed in white. I will never blot out his name from the book of life, but will acknowledge his name before my Father and his angels.

God cannot blot out a name that was never there in the first place. He is talking about CHRISTIANS who are already saved and how they can LOSE their salvation.

Rev. 22:19
And if anyone takes words away from this book of prophecy, God will take away from him his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book.

How can God “take away” somebody’s “share” of heaven if they never had it to begin with? This is about CHRISTIANS who may or may NOT make it into Heaven.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte