Explain please ...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yet, under the system of Roman Catholicism, the priest has power/authority above that of parents, and holds such an unnatural sway as to overwrite natural love.

I've heard it is not a long hard path to brainwashing.
Personally, I believe the Lord charges Parents to be the caretaker of their children.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: Willie T

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... maybe curious why you quote "church fathers" if you arent Catholic ...
Simple. I cite them as historical witnesses (not as authority) to extant texts which agree with the KJB text type (TR, etc) that they were citing from in their own day and area, in their various languages, Latin, Greek, Hebrew, Syriac, etc. It's quite simple really. They (ECF [easily confused fellows]) are useful in their citation of texts to a certain extent, as they prove that such texts as agree with the KJB text type were in existence then in their day, and existed from earliest times unto the present, even though all the mss didn't survive. They are additional weight along with the lectionaries, hymn books, psalteries, poetry, letters, etc that others wrote, all citing scripture. It would be like referring to a witness of a birthday card today that cited the KJB, and 50 years from now, I can show that the KJB text type was in existence through it, and other witnesses that all agree, along with the mss evidence still extant.

Reactions: brakelite

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Simple. I cite them as historical witnesses (not as authority) to extant texts which agree with the KJB text type (TR, etc) that they were citing from in their own day and area, in their various languages, Latin, Greek, Hebrew, Syriac, etc. It's quite simple really. They (ECF [easily confused fellows]) are useful in their citation of texts to a certain extent, as they prove that such texts as agree with the KJB text type were in existence then in their day, and existed from earliest times unto the present, even though all the mss didn't survive. They are additional weight along with the lectionaries, hymn books, psalteries, poetry, letters, etc that others wrote, all citing scripture. It would be like referring to a witness of a birthday card today that cited the KJB, and 50 years from now, I can show that the KJB text type was in existence through it, and other witnesses that all agree, along with the mss evidence still extant.
"Easter"

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Easterlambe - Tyndale, Luther, Matthews, Genevans, etc. = 1 Cor. 5:7. It is a reference to the passover sacrifice, the lamb slain, who would later be raised.

Last edited:

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yeh good point, guess it isnt required eh.

But the point was not about the actual goddess, so much as the KJB replacing Passover with "Easter"
Do you know who coined the word "passover" in English? Do you know what the Anglo/Saxon/German word "ostern" means? Tyndale, loved to use multiple words in English, etc to translate from one Hebrew, Syriac or Greek word.

The words are defined by scripture, not by man's present use.

'Easter' (shortened form of 'easterlamb' 1 Cor. 5:7, and a carry over use/translation from Tyndale, Matthew, Genevans, Luther) is passover. You might find this article helpful, though I do not necesarily agree with everything in it - Riches of Grace: Easter

There is no mystery here. Simply trace the word in any concordance, and let the Bible define the word. It isn't hard, or complicated to the serious and prayerful student of God's word.

Reactions: Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Do you know who coined the word "passover" in English? Do you know what the Anglo/Saxon/German word "ostern" means? Tyndale, loved to use multiple words in English, etc to translate from one Hebrew, Syriac or Greek word.

The words are defined by scripture, not by man's present use.

'Easter' (shortened form of 'easterlamb' 1 Cor. 5:7, and a carry over use/translation from Tyndale, Matthew, Genevans, Luther) is passover. You might find this article helpful, though I do not necesarily agree with everything in it - Riches of Grace: Easter

There is no mystery here. Simply trace the word in any concordance, and let the Bible define the word. It isn't hard, or complicated to the serious and prayerful student of God's word.
1 Corinthians 5:7 Lexicon: Clean out the old leaven so that you may be a new lump, just as you are in fact unleavened. For Christ our Passover also has been sacrificed.

sorry, i see no "easter" there either, and while i grew up with the goddess myself i just am no longer able to justify the altering of Scripture to remove our Passover and replace it with a fertility goddess myself.

I also understand that no one thinks "fertility" when april rolls around or when they are rolling eggs or buying bunnies for their children (instead of doing what Passover would indicate), and dont mean to condemn anyone who chooses to continue with the fertility rites as long as they feel comfortable doing so ok, my whole family still decorates pine trees at xmas and rolls eggs at easter and they are basically two women now with very kind hearts that pretty much everyone else loves, even though they both drive me insane lol, and remind me of Imelda Marcos, only more religious

imo do as you feel led, but dont expect your justifications to impact others, or the truth, which your justifications just are not, right, no matter how unreservedly they are stated?

Reactions: Giuliano

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you ever seen the re-enactment called "Oranges and Sunshine"

How would anyone explain these actions taken not merely by a religious organization, but also by multiple state-entity sanctions/approval (UK, Australia, etc) involving the removal of children and their life-long abuse and held in secrecy?