Explain please ...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Explain please ...

(the title says, "Another ridiculous Catholic ritual", though, even I have no idea what this person is doing to these kids (not sexual, I think ...)) - See this Link

What is the 'theology' behind this practice of this individual 'priest'?

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Explain please ...

(the title says, "Another ridiculous Catholic ritual", though, even I have no idea what this person is doing to these kids (not sexual, I think ...)) - See this Link

What is the 'theology' behind this practice of this individual 'priest'?
Looking for explanation, from 'catholic' or non-catholic as to what this ritual is, or where it originated, and what the purpose is.

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If any of them were my child, that bozo of a priest would be in the hospital.
I was thinking it was some sort of part of a mass exorcism rite. I still haven't quite figured it out yet, as I have never seen anything like it before, and am looking for real explanation on this one.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was thinking it was some sort of part of a mass exorcism rite. I still haven't quite figured it out yet, as I have never seen anything like it before, and am looking for real explanation on this one.
There is no excuse for that kind of treatment.... even if that idiot is a hireling of the Catholic organization.

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no excuse for that kind of treatment.... even if that idiot is a hireling of the Catholic organization.
No disagreement here, and in full agreement with the sentiment uso Willie. Surely he learned it from somewhere, and either kept it as was told him, or altered it to its present action. In either case, I still would like to know what the intent and purpose is, as it is very dangerous to do what he is doing, especially with the head/brain of children.

Reactions: Willie T

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I doubt you will EVER get anyone to say that is any sort of "authorized" abuse.
Probably not, and don't know that it is, but I am interested in what it was supposed to be for, and the 'reasoning' behind it.

B

brakelite

I suspect that the only reasoning behind this 'ceremony' lies with the man himself. Perhaps he managed to convince his parishioners that it was a good idea, but that would simply reveal the inordinate power that Catholic priests have over their churches, and that through the various dogmas that accentuate the belief that without the Catholic church, her priests, and in particular her Pope, the common herd is destined for hell. So they believe anything, and submit themselves to anything that the corrupt priests suggest... Which may go a very long way toward explaining the sex crimes as well.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Probably not, and don't know that it is, but I am interested in what it was supposed to be for, and the 'reasoning' behind it.
You don't think what he was doing was not both physical and emotional abuse? Especially kicking that one tiny child who tried to crawl away?????? Some real damage could be done to the necks of some of those children.
I have to say it again.... As old as I am, I would have unleashed some serious punishment on that fool's head that he would not soon forget.

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don't think what he was doing was not both physical and emotional abuse?
Of course I do, uso Willie. What I was saying, "Probably not, and don't know that it is ...", is in response to the statement, "... that is any sort of "authorized" abuse."

In other words, I agreed with you, in that I "Probably [will] not [get anyone to say] that [it] is any sort of "authorized" abuse." Meaning, I do not think anyone of the 'Catholic' heirarchy will own to it, as doctrinal practice.

And to the second part, "... don't know that it is ...", meant that I do not know for certain, having no proof (only what is seen in video), that the action/behaviour of the 'priest' was in any way 'authorized' by 'Catholic' heirarchy. I did not desire to assume that such behaviour was 'authorized', when there are rogue factions within 'Catholicism', that are either 'sedevacantists', 'order of this, that and the other', etc. 'Catholicism' is not this monolithic unified body that they put out as propagandistic front, but really is an amalgamated mess of factions, that is sort of heading in the same direction.

Especially kicking that one tiny child who tried to crawl away??????
Yea, that is most egregious. I had one person, a 'catholic', in response, tell me, "... Good grief, he's only rubbing the heads of some folks in a vigorous manner ...", to which the response immediately came, "... Pardon, your ignorance, but the video shows more than "rubbing the heads", as some are violently shaken from side to side with both hands of said 'priest'. Watch it again. It even shows him kicking a child with his foot, who is on the ground after the head shaking. It even shows the children covering their heads before approaching, as if in fear of what is coming. At the end of each shaken child, the priest then smacks them on the head, or back of the head with force to send the head flying forward. ..."

Some real damage could be done to the necks of some of those children.
Indeed, even as 'shaken baby' syndrome would do.

I have to say it again.... As old as I am, I would have unleashed some serious punishment on that fool's head that he would not soon forget.
I cannot afford to be so violent, but understand your sentiment. In my own case, immediate words of vocal disapproval and physical restraint of the person would be enough to keep the situation calm, and not to bring further harm to anyone. In such situations, things tend to escalate rather than de-escalate.

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Has anyone found out what this may be yet?

What about these practices?, are these normal in these countries?

Jer_10:5 They are upright as the palm tree, but speak not: they must needs be borne, because they cannot go. Be not afraid of them; for they cannot do evil, neither also is it in them to do good.

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did anyone desire to take a guess as to what might be happening in the original OP?

B

brakelite

Has anyone found out what this may be yet?

What about these practices?, are these normal in these countries?

Jer_10:5 They are upright as the palm tree, but speak not: they must needs be borne, because they cannot go. Be not afraid of them; for they cannot do evil, neither also is it in them to do good.
Have no idea what some of them were up to, but it was entertaining, particularly when it looked like the bearers at one stage looked up and recognised an imminent collapse and started high tailing it down the street to get to church before disaster struck. I can't quite get into mocking as Elijah did on mount Carmel but I did laugh.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did anyone desire to take a guess as to what might be happening in the original OP?
The closest thing I could come to a guess is that since Catholics attribute tons of "power" to priests...… is that parents were bringing their children to this phony supposed Holy Man to have him "shake" bad thoughts out of their children's minds.
To me, it is both very, very "sick" and probably potentially dangerous.

As for the other "statue" worship, I have seen the statue-carrying in the streets of the "3rd Ward" Italian Quarter of Milwaukee, WI. It is especially prevalent during their celebration at the Lakefront Summerfest Grounds. They call it "Festa Italiana." (You can probably find photos and videos online.)

Last edited:

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The closest thing I could come to a guess is that since Catholics attribute tons of "power" to priests...… is that parents were bringing their children to this phony supposed Holy Man to have him "shake" bad thoughts out of their children's minds.

To me, it is both very, very "sick" and probably potentially dangerous.
I had similar thought, in regards what Roman Catholicism has on teachings and practices about 'evil spirits', 'possession' and 'exorcism'; all of which are erroneous (that is not to say that 'evil spirits', 'possession' and 'casting out' are erroneous), but speaking of what Roman Catholicism teaches and practices about those things.

As for the other "statue" worship, I have seen the statue-carrying in the streets of the "3rd Ward" Italian Quarter of Milwaukee, WI. It is especially prevalent during their celebration at the Lakefront Summerfest Grounds. They call it "Festa Italiana." (You can probably find photos and videos online.)
Interesting. There are similar marches on the one road on American Samoa also, where a group of Catholics march around in 'procession' and doing similar things.

I know that such 'processions' take place in other countries, and not just by Roman Catholics, as here is one by an 'Orthodox' group:

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well perhaps rather than gossiping or mocking that which one does not understand, one should make an effort to learn what it is they are doing?

As for the op, not sure what that is. The use of icons would suggest an eastern rite church, and I expect that it shows some local custom..

Peace!

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well perhaps rather than gossiping or mocking that which one does not understand, one should make an effort to learn what it is they are doing?

As for the op, not sure what that is. The use of icons would suggest an eastern rite church, and I expect that it shows some local custom..

Peace!
*Re-Choired* has obviously been trying hard to find out.
And I was not "mocking." I seriously stated that I very definitely think their minds have been affected by a spirit of religion, and that their "leader" needs some serious attitude adjustment... preferably with the right fist of fellowship.

Reactions: ReChoired