Ezekiel 37 I can't wrap my head around this, any help would be a blessing

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If I held to the same view as unbelieving jews, I would not believe Jesus is Lord...but you can't be saying dispies do not believe Jesus is Lord so...I obviously have not understood you.
I omitted in their eschatology...concerning Israel. My mistake.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
In all fairness, the problem of men not picking up their cross cannot be placed on the shoulders of Darby. The majority of christianity, even those who do not believe in a pre trib gathering, take offense at the notion of picking up their cross.

But it sounds like it would have been nice to meet The Open Brethren huh? :)

Darby was closed brethren I think...excommunicating anyone who disagreed with him.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
In all fairness, the problem of men not picking up their cross cannot be placed on the shoulders of Darby. The majority of christianity, even those who do not believe in a pre trib gathering, take offense at the notion of picking up their cross.

But it sounds like it would have been nice to meet The Open Brethren huh? :)

Darby put it into a system of belief. And the dispie beliefs have permeated a lot of churches.

Of course a lot of people avoid the cross...even in holiness churches. But they aren't usually teaching others to do so.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Darby was closed brethren I think...excommunicating anyone who disagreed with him.

Yes, that is what I just read too. It's a shame. When you read about men from history who seem to have loved God, you often find some hard stone in them in a certain area or a prejudice or hatred they never conquered in life. A blind spot if you will...

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes, that is what I just read too. It's a shame. When you read about men from history who seem to have loved God, you often find some hard stone in them in a certain area or a prejudice or hatred they never conquered in life. A blind spot if you will...

true...like the personality flaw of burning people at the stake like Luther or Calvin. :eek:

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Darby put it into a system of belief. And the dispie beliefs have permeated a lot of churches.

Of course a lot of people avoid the cross...even in holiness churches. But they aren't usually teaching others to do so.

Well, I haven't read the Plymouth Brethren Practices, though it does sound like I could get my hands on it if I wanted to. So I don't know what they taught about picking up your cross.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
true...like the personality flaw of burning people at the stake like Luther or Calvin. :eek:

Yes. Or like...sending a ma n to war and instructing that he must be on the front lines, hoping he will be killed so you can have his wife.

And then, to have used fig leaves/ justifications to hide from yourself what you have done so that God has to send another man to bring you to honesty about it.

Last edited:

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
A quick story: We live with a cemetary behind our property and a farmer's field on one side. My grand-daughter was spending the night. I was doing dinner dishes and she asked me if I was scared living so close to the cemetary. I said no, they are good neighbors. She said, what about the zombies, does that scare you? I laughed and said no, I'm more afraid I will look out my kitchen window and a ufo is goung to be in the field. She laughed and ufos ha.. I laughed and said zombies ha.
( definately a generation gap there) :)

Now although I'm past this book in my studies, (ezekiel), I can't seem to understand it. Strange both the zombie and ufo analgy comes up in this book. Any insight to chapter 37?
I think we need to bear in mind the truth of the Resurrection; and being Old Testament, it's likely Israel rather than the church in view in Ezekiel. (Yes, I'm dispensational.)