FACT:BIRTH

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes, and I think leaning on the support of my mother may have been a contributing factor to my fraility in continuing with God.

He wants ALL our full love, ALL our full faith, ALL our full confidience and trust, no half TRUTHS with God.

It is a SOLD OUT EVENT to be truly born again. I dont believe in the word " christian " anymore, for all call themselves by such word.

Even those who are full of the devil, attend church regularily and yet are seriel killers like BTK, GREEN RIVER KILLER & OTHERS.

Pedophiles go to church and call themselves christian some even preachers, teachers, preist and bishops as do liars, theives and adulterers.
it's shocking! :eek:....do you think we need to tie all those tares into bundles and use them as fagots? We could start a business? Ohhhh, wait, there's plenty of those underway already:oops:

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The key to following God is believing in Jesus and his sacrifice.

Through Jesus, we can be born again. By his blood he paid the wages fo our sins. Accepting him puts us in standing with God the Father and by God the Holy Spirit we can build our relationship with the almighty sovereign LORD.

His word is our world, his Son our foundation. Through the leading of the Spirit we can build a tower of stength, faith and love that shines a bright light in the darkest corners of sin.

A light that will lead to the TRUTH and the truth will set them free.
The word is truth !

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, and I think leaning on the support of my mother may have been a contributing factor to my fraility in continuing with God.
He wants ALL our full love, ALL our full faith, ALL our full confidience and trust..

Right, making God take second place in our lives is a no-no..:)
I never married and have always been a loner and wouldn't have it any other way; Paul was spot on when he said about single men and women-
"A married man is concerned about the affairs of this world—how he can please his wife—
and his interests are divided.
An unmarried woman or virgin is concerned about the Lord’s affairs: Her aim is to be devoted to the Lord in both body and spirit.
But a married woman is concerned about the affairs of this world—how she can please her husband." (1 Corinthians 7:32-34)

However some of the disciples were married, so he wasn't actually advising all people to stay single, the gist was "whatever floats your boat"..:)

Last edited:

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@L3astAm0ngManyB13ss3d Although the term is abused, the term is Biblical:

"And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch." (Acts 11.26)

Yes I know in like what 2, at the most 3 places, in scripture.

It became a slur the Romans used to taunt the " christians " with as they were being crucified like Jesus, burned on stakes, torn by wild beast.

The believers tried to utilize the word for good to mean a follower of Christ. As you say the abuse is so rampant by evil ppl that it disgust saint and sinner alike.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said NO let them grow together and God will seperate the godly from the ungodly at the time appointed !

That is not my work but rather to spread the love of God to as many as will hear the gospel of Jesus Christ !

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jesus said NO let them grow together and God will seperate the godly from the ungodly at the time appointed !

That is not my work but rather to spread the love of God to as many as will hear the gospel of Jesus Christ !
and do we start by telling them how big a sinner they are?....or how wrong they are and that we have enlightenment which they need to listen to.....because we are soooo....right?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Getting to know somebody is less about 'facts' than vulnerability.....and vulnerability is not communicated by 'facts'. How's that for a paradox?

Crucifixion Roman style was done naked....yup, with the dangly bits for all to fill their eyeballs with. In Jesus case, he was beaten to a pulp....the scripture tells us 'barely recognisable as a man'

....and why did he allow this? ...so that we could get to know him. It definitely wasn't to show the world about theological 'correctness'

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No we do not pull the tares up from among the wheat!

We begin by telling them how great is God's love toward us and how he longs to be a part of our lives by making him the whole of our life.

On this forum and many others, most ppl identify themselves by either stating their faith & beliefs or by asking about the TRUTH.

I believe that if an unbeliefer is to be witnessed unto then the Spirit does the work on both parties. He will draw that persons desire to know God forefront, just as I believe he will give the right words unto the one witnessing.

Everybody truly knows what they are doing that is against God. Whether it be adultery, robbery, murder, lying, sexual immorality or any sin or wrong unto another. We dont need to shove their sin down their throats.

We CANNOT condemn any for so were we before Christ. LOST WITHOUT A SAVIOUR ! We also CANNOT CONVICT OF SINS, the HS works to draw ppl to God through truth.

We DO have to have a rightly divided ,correct understanding of the word and be yeilded to the Spirit to understand his unction or moving through us.

Last edited:

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
No we do not.

We begin by telling them how great is God's love toward us and he longs to be a part of our lives by making him the whole of our life.

On this forum and many others, most ppl identify themselves by either stating their faith & beliefs or by asking about the TRUTH.

I believe that if an unbeliefer is to be witnessed unto then the Spirit does the work on both parties. He will draw that persons desire to know God forefront, just as I believe he will give the right words unto the one witnessing.

Everybody truly know what they are doing that is against God. Whether it be adultery, robbery, murder, lying, sexual immorality or any sin or wrong unto another. We dont need to shove their sin down their throats.

We CANNOT condemn any for so were we before Christ. LOST WITHOUT A SAVIOUR ! We also CANNOT CONVICT OF SINS, the HS works to draw ppl to God through truth.

We DO have to have a rightly divided ,correct understanding of the word and be yeilded to the Spirit to understand his unction or moving through us.
@L3astAm0ngManyB13ss3d The work of the Spirit in bringing conviction is essential, indeed. Reminds me of Acts 16; 'Lydia, whose heart the Lord opened'.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only rightness a believer should have is the rightness in believing in God, applying the sacrifical blood of Jesus for salvation. Believing that the word is our standard for believing and living.

Their unbelief in what saith the word rightly divided offered if they refuse the TRUTH in the word then you just have to turn them over to God. He is merciful, faithful and just. He knows ALL.

Last edited:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The only rightness a believer should have is the rightness in believing in God, applying the sacrifical blood of Jesus for salvation. Believing that the word is our standard for believing and living.

Their unbelief in what saith the word rightly divided offered if they refuse the TRUTH in the word then you just have to turn them over to God. He is merciful, faithful and just. He knows all.

You know what, you are right, I cannot help anyone. Soooo I'm not going to try. I'll just stick to frivolous fun threads and my own I've started.

So goodbye to all stuck in heretical beliefs, led astray by false doctrine, false teachers and preachers..........QT has shown me I can only live by the TRUTH OF THE WORD GOD HAS SHOWN ME !
Sounds like we gotta be right again. Escape is futile as long as we focus on 'doing' masquerading as piety......either us or them.......and frivolity, well that just qualifies any punter as doubly foolish!

There is one however who outshines the Sun......dare we look? can we look? or will what promises to be seen threaten how and what is currently seen from the favourite perspective of doing?

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
When the sperm fertiliezes the egg, gestation begins.
Nine months later labour begins to expel that which was formed in gestation.

Genesis 2 :7 ( cxt 5-8 )
And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and MAN BECAME A LIVING SOUL.

The soul of man comes from God at the breath of infants at birth. This begins the living process but we are born dying physically yet we are born dead unto God.
It becomes apparent from reading the posts here on CF that many have no real understanding of the words "soul" and "spirit" as they were understood by the men who wrote the books of the Bible that contain them. All the writers were Jewish and wrote from their Jewish perspective. Jesus too was sent only to the Jews and he used Jewish scripture to instruct them.
Jesus was not a "Christian" but later his disciples came to be identified as such....as followers of his teachings. He had not come to start a new religion, but to clean up the one that governed the Jews at that time. All were still under the Law including himself, and all relied on the same scriptures. Jesus showed the "lost sheep of the house of Israel" how the Pharisees had got it so wrong. (Matthew 23)

Jesus told Nicodemus in John 3:3 ( cxt 1-6 ), ......except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. Poor old Nicodemus did not understand that through ALL HIS OWN RIGHTEOUSNESS; keeping the law, obeying its precepts and being a good Pharisee, a ruler of the Jews, he was excluded from heaven. Simply bc he was dead.

Jesus said we must be BORN AGAIN to enter the kingdom of God.v5. ..........except a man be born of water [ natural, physical birth ] and of the Spirit, [ renewal of the heart and mind by conviction of the HS for sin ] he was not an applicant for heaven.
I was wondering also what people think this means, and whether all have the same experience or understanding of what it means to be "born again"?

When Jesus told this to Nicodemus, it is clear that he had no idea what Jesus meant.....from the things people say here, I have a feeling that many do not understand what Jesus was referring to either.

To be 'born from water' is the first step on the path of salvation. It is our water baptism, not our physical birth since everyone experiences that.
Only those desiring to become disciples of Jesus Christ will undergo full immersion water baptism. No one can be 'born again' unless they are first baptized as disciples of Jesus Christ.

The expression "born again" is really "born from above" and involves two words..."gennaō" which means...
  1. of men who fathered children
    1. to be born
    2. to be begotten
      1. of women giving birth to children

(Or metaphorically....)
    1. in a Jewish sense, of one who brings others over to his way of life, to convert someone
    2. of God making men his sons through faith in Christ's work"
The other word is "anōthen"......
ἄνωθεν ánōthen, an'-o-then; from G507; from above; by analogy, from the first; by implication, anew:—from above, again, from the beginning (very first), the top."

So the expression is literally "born from above" and indicates something special with regard to that person's destiny. Their baptism in water is followed by baptism with holy spirit.
Jesus told his apostles...."for John, indeed, baptized with water, but you will be baptized with holy spirit not many days after this.”
That was at Pentecost when the 120 disciples received the promised holy spirit.

Paul wrote at Romans 6:4-5...
"We were buried therefore with him by baptism into death, in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, we too might walk in newness of life.

5 For if we have been united with him in a death like his, we shall certainly be united with him in a resurrection like his."
(ESV)
So just as Jesus was "put to death in the flesh but made alive in the spirit", so too would Christ's elect experience the same death and resurrection as Jesus did. Being "born again" therefore means a new birth as a new creation, from a body of flesh to a body of spirit, just as Jesus was. This new birth takes place at their resurrection, not whilst in their sinful flesh. They become a whole new being, in a whole new body.....leaving all earthly ties behind.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
John 4:24 ( cxt.22-25 )
GOD IS A SPIRIT: AND THEY THAT WORSHIP HIM MUST WORSHIP HIM IN SPIRIT AND IN TRUTH.
I capped all the above but the spirit is in a lowercase letter bc it is the spirit of man. We are all born with spirit after our kind, man of man, beast of beast, fowl of fowl and sea creatures after their kind. We are NOT BORN NATURALLY WITH THE SPIRIT OF GOD !
Again, this is not what the word "spirit" means when it refers to living things. According to Solomon, all have but ONE spirit. We all breathe the same air and all die the same death when we stop breathing. (Ecclesiastes 3:19-20) That is the "spirit" in all living things....that inexplicable spark of life that animates every living thing.....(not to be confused with God's spirit.)

To those who say I was born a christian; nay, you were not. To those who say they as infants they were baptized as a christian; NO you were not, the above proves such.
Romans 8:9 ( cxt 7-10 )
But ye are NOT in the flesh, but in THE SPIRIT, if so be the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have NOT the Spirit of Christ, he is NONE of his.10.AND IF CHRIST BE IN YOU, THE BODY IS DEAD BECAUSE OF SIN; BUT THE Spirit IS LIFE BECAUSE OF RIGHTEOUSNESS.

Please let us explore new birth in peace and in truth. If you cannot I will report you and ask this thread be locked.
Yes, no one is born into Christianity....it is a personal choice, followed by the act of public baptism. No one can be baptized without their knowledge and consent. (like an infant) This is a dedication to God by vowing to do his will from that day forward. No one can make that dedication for you.

I thought when I first started christian forums it was to minister to those deceived and misled by false teachers and doctrines; it is NOT that only but more to minister to the readers seeking TRUTH. Whether in or outside the forum.
The purpose of these forums as I see it, is to give people a witness and some decisions....then to do as Jesus did....allow the person reading to respond as their hearts impel them....not forcing their views, but simply presenting them and allowing God to do what he does best....

John 6:44, 65....
"No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him. . . . .“This is why I told you that no one can come to me unless it is granted him by the Father.”
So we do not have to worry about anyone....they will either be "drawn" to the truth....or they won't. God decides that, not us.
That to me is comforting. :goodn: What about you?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Again, this is not what the word "spirit" means when it refers to living things. According to Solomon, all have but ONE spirit. We all breathe the same air and all die the same death when we stop breathing. (Ecclesiastes 3:19-20) That is the "spirit" in all living things....that inexplicable spark of life that animates every living thing.....(not to be confused with God's spirit.)

Yes, no one is born into Christianity....it is a personal choice, followed by the act of public baptism. No one can be baptized without their knowledge and consent. (like an infant) This is a dedication to God by vowing to do his will from that day forward. No one can make that dedication for you.

The purpose of these forums as I see it, is to give people a witness and some decisions....then to do as Jesus did....allow the person reading to respond as their hearts impel them....not forcing their views, but simply presenting them and allowing God to do what he does best....

John 6:44, 65....
"No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him. . . . .“This is why I told you that no one can come to me unless it is granted him by the Father.”
So we do not have to worry about anyone....they will either be "drawn" to the truth....or they won't. God decides that, not us.
That to me is comforting. :goodn: What about you?
Ahhhhh AJ....trying to straighten us all out theologically according to your truth which you claim is the truth.....is wearisome because it requires a truck load of words and misses the point anyway.
.....anyway, you probably won't read this because you've blocked me .....but others will.
There ya go, its off my chest! :D

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for your input Jane.

I can tell you do a seperate study than on just what you are taught by you denomination..........
Terrible word denomination, isnt it, almost sounds like demon nation.

One part we disagree on is baptism. It comes after repentance and the re- birth.

It is a testimonial of the faith we are receiving. It states to all, I am being buried in death with Christ under the water. Upon rising, I am stating I am rising as a new born child of God!

John 4:24 ( cxt 22-25 )
God is A Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in
spirit and in truth.

Yes ma'am I stated the same . It is the spirit within us as I also stated and not the Holy Spirit of God.
However in the God is a Spirit it is inclusive of his Spirit the Holy Ghost as it is in capital letter S.

I too do not understand the difficulties ppl have with receiving God's TRUTH in his word.
If it can be received as children for that is how we must become, then someone is desperately clinging to their carnality.

John 6:44 ( cxt 41-47 )
This was the day after Jesus had fed many of the ppl on a small amount of fish and bread. He and his disciples were going to the other side of the waters.

He began to rebuke the ppl for they came not for the Truth but for the miracle of the loaves and fishes.

Jesus had just declared to them his status of being the bread of life in which they would never hunger and believing in him, not the miracles, they would never thirst.

So as ppl do they began to murmur and complain; for they ONLY knew him as a man, the son of Joseph. They rebuked him in saying he came down from heaven.

In verse 44 , Jesus follows it with this statement v45. It is written in the prophets, And they shall all be taught by God.Every man therefore that hath HEARD, and hath LEARNED of the Father cometh unto me..

Jesus went on to then explain to them EXACTLY what he meant. He being God knew who would believe and follow him and who would not. His 12 chosen disciples were with him as well as many self proclaimed disciples. He said, in v 63, It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: THE WORDS THAT I SPEAK UNTO YOU, they are the spirit and they are life.
He knew the very disciples who would not follow for they thought his saying was hard. He also knew who would betray him.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Upon reflection QT, I want this thread taken seriously.

I want ppl to understand without God we are nothing and without him our destination we determine by rejecting the truth.

You are most welcome to share any thoughts on the word. I have also decided to refrain from correcting others errors, heresies and false doctrine.( unless they come to one of my threads )

Last edited:

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Heed his warning, ye must be born again to enter the kingdom of God !FB_IMG_1661785537024.jpg

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The soul of man comes from God at the breath of infants at birth. This begins the living process but we are born dying physically yet we are born dead unto God.
I would have to disagree!
The soul is given at the same time life is given, at conception. Some day you will see miscarriaged and aborted infants growing in heaven ... maybe even your own. Wow how shameful and embarrasing that moment will be.. Jesus will why away your tears. Just think of a name - you'll ha e to name them,, they don't have one yet.. One particular young boy who was near death on the operating table, claimed to have witnessed them operating on him, his father in the Chapel yelling at God and his mother in another room crying on the phone. He was greeted by angels , who sag to him and then he was in heaven, much like eart only more colorful and perfect. He met his great grandfather whom he identified in a photo as a young man. He said no one is old in heaven. Then a young girl came up to him and hugged him. He didn't understand until she explained that she died in our mommy's belly, a miscarriage in the first trimester. He was four years old and no one ever told him about the miscarriage. He told his mom and she cried happy tears. "What's her name", she asked? He said, she did 't have one, you didn't give her one? It appears that time is different in have be ause he experienced so much in only an hour on the operating table.
Great book and movie: "Heaven is For Real". I believe it.
Okay, here us where I think you erred. The soul and spirit are not exactly the same. We all have souls, but are born with a dead spirit that needs to be given life. A soul is your mind, emotions, will, creativity, talents, the invisible you. Animals have souls. They don't have a spirit.
When we are born again, our spirit is the New Creature, the pure essence of who we our, separate from our flesh. I know it is complicated and incomprehensible because body, soul and spirit are highly integrated, they seem like one.
We are fearfully made. But one scripture tells us that the soul and spirit can be divided by "the Word, which is sharper than a double edged sword..." and able to penetrate and even "divide both soul and spirit". Just like the veil separated the Most Holy Place from the rest of the Old Temple, we have a New Temple where God dwells, our spiritual compartment, separated from the flesh. So when we die, our pure spirit leaves our bodies and goes to be with he Lord, leaving behind the fallen part of us.
Peace!