Failing God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even the greatest had failed in the Old Testament. Enoch is about the only one who had some kind of good report, and God took him. I'm sure if he would have stayed around he would have failed miserably as well. I have had to think about my own Understanding, is God going to give his only begotten Son and than suddenly depend on those that believe and are born again now, is he going to depend on them like they are some kind of different stock. Men esteeming men over what God has done, what do we mean by that; I like to use the term; celebrity mentality. We will hold certain flesh appealing, charismatic, well versed men as being special to God. Like he chose Sampson, or David, or one of the other great men of God from the Old Testament. I remember that feeling of thinking you were something special that the world had never seen. Being used of God (God uses men) and everyone telling you how wonderful you are and come from good stock. Purely accolades of man, if that is 15 minutes of fame then I have had mine. It was the worse feeling ever and at the same time felt good. You knew it wasn't right but could not stop it, my own grandfather who spent his entire life in full-time ministry from age of 22, saved at 11 and fulltime by 22. Moved 17 times the last month of my grandmother's pregnancy with my mom.

The miracle's and things they observed is fascinating and made a good book. But in reality God is no respecter of persons. That means we are all equal in our fathers eyes and it does not matter who he uses, who he uses is not the message. What they say is what really matters when you have a feel for what God would have you do in life. We all have gifts and talents, we are created to be used as an instrument of the father to reach back in the world once you have come out of the world. So the catchy and the flamboyant can be used but are no different to the father than anyone else. It only matters to me when I judge someone's ministry or life, it does not matter to the Lord.

I hated being compared to my grandfather, they said he is a great man of God and you will be a great man of God. What in the world is a great man of God. Some great being used of God, I have seen households torn apart but he was a great man of God we say. No he wanted to be different and it shows he is not. This is not the calling of Samuel, or Saul, or some other great used of God, that is Old Testament way of handling humanity it is not the new way thank God.

This is a chosen generation to walk in this world with Christ in them. We live in a time like no other because they had no choice, they could not walk around in the world with Christ in them claiming God is their father. You know Christian's are the only ones that can be double minded, and that simply comes from the choice you have, OT saint's they had no choice it was one way only. Sounds like what Jesus said and they crucified him because he said he was the Son of God. Now we are the son's of God because we have been born again, not because of what parents you may have been born into this world too. That is immaterial in the world we live in. Bless you.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Addressing the OP. good topic, and a thought. but consider this. Romans 8:20 "For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope," so no one gets any accolades but the Lord Jesus, God himself. and two, since we all are subject to vanity here in this natural flesh, one thank God for grandaddy, for every man in his own order. but the best thing I love about God is his "HOPE" we have in him, Romans 8:20b "but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope". God always have a plan, or a ram in the bush, .. :D .. so to say. for in that hope of us to be like him is wonderful to know, for as said there is no respect of person with God. in his hope, all of us have a crown that are laid up for us in heaven, and they are, "ONE SIZE FIT ALL". so there is no BIG HEADS, nor competition, nor anyone to strive to be like except God. so that HOPE we have in the end, erase any failures I might have in this life, because as the scriptures states, "not willingly, but by reason of him" I trust his reasoning ... :cool: as the Holy Ghost by his apostle Paul said, Philippians 3:12 "Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus."
Philippians 3:13 "Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,"
Philippians 3:14 "I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 3:15 "Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you."

where there is failure today, victory in Christ Jesus is just around the corner tommorow.

PICJAG

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Addressing the OP. good topic, and a thought. but consider this. Romans 8:20 "For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope," so no one gets any accolades but the Lord Jesus, God himself. and two, since we all are subject to vanity here in this natural flesh, one thank God for grandaddy, for every man in his own order. but the best thing I love about God is his "HOPE" we have in him, Romans 8:20b "but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope". God always have a plan, or a ram in the bush, .. :D .. so to say. for in that hope of us to be like him is wonderful to know, for as said there is no respect of person with God. in his hope, all of us have a crown that are laid up for us in heaven, and they are, "ONE SIZE FIT ALL". so there is no BIG HEADS, nor competition, nor anyone to strive to be like except God. so that HOPE we have in the end, erase any failures I might have in this life, because as the scriptures states, "not willingly, but by reason of him" I trust his reasoning ... :cool: as the Holy Ghost by his apostle Paul said, Philippians 3:12 "Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus."
Philippians 3:13 "Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,"
Philippians 3:14 "I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 3:15 "Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you."

where there is failure today, victory in Christ Jesus is just around the corner tommorow.

PICJAG
Thank you for adding to the OP, good word. Always open to what others have to say.

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even the greatest had failed in the Old Testament. Enoch is about the only one who had some kind of good report, and God took him. I'm sure if he would have stayed around he would have failed miserably as well. I have had to think about my own Understanding, is God going to give his only begotten Son and than suddenly depend on those that believe and are born again now, is he going to depend on them like they are some kind of different stock. Men esteeming men over what God has done, what do we mean by that; I like to use the term; celebrity mentality. We will hold certain flesh appealing, charismatic, well versed men as being special to God. Like he chose Sampson, or David, or one of the other great men of God from the Old Testament. I remember that feeling of thinking you were something special that the world had never seen. Being used of God (God uses men) and everyone telling you how wonderful you are and come from good stock. Purely accolades of man, if that is 15 minutes of fame then I have had mine. It was the worse feeling ever and at the same time felt good. You knew it wasn't right but could not stop it, my own grandfather who spent his entire life in full-time ministry from age of 22, saved at 11 and fulltime by 22. Moved 17 times the last month of my grandmother's pregnancy with my mom.

The miracle's and things they observed is fascinating and made a good book. But in reality God is no respecter of persons. That means we are all equal in our fathers eyes and it does not matter who he uses, who he uses is not the message. What they say is what really matters when you have a feel for what God would have you do in life. We all have gifts and talents, we are created to be used as an instrument of the father to reach back in the world once you have come out of the world. So the catchy and the flamboyant can be used but are no different to the father than anyone else. It only matters to me when I judge someone's ministry or life, it does not matter to the Lord.

I hated being compared to my grandfather, they said he is a great man of God and you will be a great man of God. What in the world is a great man of God. Some great being used of God, I have seen households torn apart but he was a great man of God we say. No he wanted to be different and it shows he is not. This is not the calling of Samuel, or Saul, or some other great used of God, that is Old Testament way of handling humanity it is not the new way thank God.

This is a chosen generation to walk in this world with Christ in them. We live in a time like no other because they had no choice, they could not walk around in the world with Christ in them claiming God is their father. You know Christian's are the only ones that can be double minded, and that simply comes from the choice you have, OT saint's they had no choice it was one way only. Sounds like what Jesus said and they crucified him because he said he was the Son of God. Now we are the son's of God because we have been born again, not because of what parents you may have been born into this world too. That is immaterial in the world we live in. Bless you.

What Paul said about having treasure in clay jars or earthen vessels comes to mind. We should never think of ourselves as the source of this treasure or the source of God's power!

2 Cor 4:5-7--For we are not proclaiming ourselves but Jesus Christ as Lord, and ourselves as your slaves because of Jesus. For God who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of God’s glory in the face of Jesus Christ. Now we have this treasure in clay jars, so that this extraordinary power may be from God and not from us.

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What Paul said about having treasure in clay jars or earthen vessels comes to mind. We should never think of ourselves as the source of this treasure or the source of God's power!

2 Cor 4:5-7--For we are not proclaiming ourselves but Jesus Christ as Lord, and ourselves as your slaves because of Jesus. For God who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of God’s glory in the face of Jesus Christ. Now we have this treasure in clay jars, so that this extraordinary power may be from God and not from us.

Good scripture!