Faith Alone is Dead

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus was tempted in all points such as we, yet without sinning.

Are you sinful?
Being tempted. and having sin are two different things.

Jesus did not sin because he NEVER LUSTED, He NEVER PUT SELF OVER OTHERS, and he HAD PERFECT LOVE

You and I can not make this claim. Thats why if we say we have no sin, we are deceived.

Reactions: mailmandan

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Being tempted. and having sin are two different things.

Jesus did not sin because he NEVER LUSTED, He NEVER PUT SELF OVER OTHERS, and he HAD PERFECT LOVE

You and I can not make this claim. Thats why if we say we have no sin, we are deceived.
When you actually went to Scripture to make a discreet answer, I had hopes for you, and so tried further to give you every opportunity to answer honestly and plainly.

And you refused to answer, and so instead acknowledge:

Your heart is still not pure, but is still full of lust.

You still have unclean hands.

You are still sinful and unrighteous.

The unpurified heart and unclean hands shall never stand in the congregation of the righteous, obtain eternal salvation, nor see God:

But God shall wound the head of his enemies, and the hairy scalp of such an one as goeth on still in his trespasses.

Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame.

Who shall ascend into the hill of the LORD? or who shall stand in his holy place? He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully.

Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart.

Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.

Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord.

You are a hearer only, trusting in a faith only salvation of the god of this world.

You have only heard the word, but have not yet become begotten of the word in your heart, because you yet refuse to obey the word with the heart and do it: to purify your heart from the lust of the world, and to cleanse your hands from sins of the world.

Because the Light of Christ's commandment and law does not shine in your heart to obey it in all things, you are still blind and walking in darkness, and your light of faith alone is so dark, that you do not even see how you spend all your time and energy to argue against being pure of heart, against doing His righteousness at all times, against purifying your soul by obedience to the faith, against obeying His faith to be justified of Him, against fleeing lusts of the world, against calling on God with a pure heart.

All your arguments against awaking unto righteousness and sinning not, will never be justified by your faith only, that is only between your ears, and not in the kingdom of God:

Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived.

Until you repent and obey God and purify your heart of the lust of the world, you will never see God:

Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If we had no more lust, we would be sinless. Because we would never be tempted.

This is a lie of the devil taught for doctrine of Christ, and is contrary to Scripture, in order to justify the hypocrite Christian that still keeps lust in the heart and continues doing sins of flesh:

For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

Jesus had no lust in His heart, and yet He was tempted as we.

And so, being tempted is not because of lust in the heart, but being drawn to temptation and doing the sin is because of lust in the heart:

But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.

Them without lust in the heart are tempted and enticed by temptation.

Them with the pure heart of Jesus and the mind of Christ, are tempted in all points like as He was, yet without sin, because they as He is without lust in the heart:

Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.

And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

Them that have a pure heart purified of lust of the world, endure and overcome temptation of the flesh, when it comes knocking at the door of the heart:

Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.

And only them that endure temptation and obey Him unto the end shall be saved and obtain His eternal salvation.

The Christian hypocrite is one who hears of Christ only, but has never obeyed Jesus to purify their hearts as His is pure in this life, and so go about all the time to argue against doing so, and to believe devils' doctrines about being saved and justified in their ongoing lust and sins of the devil.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When you actually went to Scripture to make a discreet answer, I had hopes for you, and so tried further to give you every opportunity to answer honestly and plainly.

And you refused to answer, and so instead acknowledge:

Your heart is still not pure, but is still full of lust.

You still have unclean hands.

You are still sinful and unrighteous.

The unpurified heart and unclean hands shall never stand in the congregation of the righteous, obtain eternal salvation, nor see God:

But God shall wound the head of his enemies, and the hairy scalp of such an one as goeth on still in his trespasses.

Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame.

Who shall ascend into the hill of the LORD? or who shall stand in his holy place? He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully.

Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart.

Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord.

You are a hearer only, trusting in a faith only salvation of the god of this world.

You have only heard the word, but have not yet become begotten of the word in your heart, because you yet refuse to obey the word with the heart and do it: to purify your heart from the lust of the world, and to cleanse your hands from sins of the world.

Because the Light of Christ's commandment and law does not shine in your heart to obey it in all things, you are still blind and walking in darkness, and your light of faith alone is so dark, that you do not even see how you spend all your time and energy to argue against being pure of heart, against doing His righteousness at all times, against purifying your soul by obedience to the faith, against obeying His faith to be justified of Him, against fleeing lusts of the world, against calling on God with a pure heart.

All your arguments against awaking unto righteousness and sinning not, will never be justified by your faith only, that is only between your ears, and not in the kingdom of God:

Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived.

Until you repent and obey God and purify your heart of the lust of the world, you will never see God:

Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.

1. Your all over the place
2. You can not stick to the subject, You ask me an invalid question. then attack me saying I am something you have not yet proven.

Its ok if you do not wish to look at reality. I understand.

But the fact is unless your 100 % sinless. according to Gods standard, you are impure and worthy of death (apart from Grace)

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1. Your all over the place
2. You can not stick to the subject, You ask me an invalid question. then attack me saying I am something you have not yet proven.

Its ok if you do not wish to look at reality. I understand.

But the fact is unless your 100 % sinless. according to Gods standard, you are impure and worthy of death (apart from Grace)

You do know that just because you want to think 'everyone else is doing it', doesn't justify you in your sins and trespasses from a heart full of lust, correct?

Yet ye have not known him; but I know him: and if I should say, I know him not, I shall be a liar like unto you: but I know him, and keep his saying.

Even if I were to repent of doing God's righteousness at all times from a pure heart of His faith, and return to being impure, sinful, unrighteous in word and in deed, and worthy of death as you, you would still be walking in darkness as you are now.

You have not known Him in the heart, because you have not obeyed Him with the heart, but I both know and obey Him to keep His saying, to both purify my heart of lust and to guard and keep myself from the lust of the world and the sins of the flesh, that the wicked one touch me not.

You neither purify your heart from lust, nor keep your body from sins, because you have neither known Him nor obeyed His word in the heart.

And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.

He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

The lust of the world and the sins of the flesh do not walk with the Lord, but abide in darkness even now. Only them that are purified even as He is pure, walk in His steps with Him in the Light, having no fellowship with the sinful world, which is enmity with God.

And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.

Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

Hypocrites are them that declare their lust for fellowship with the world of sins, yet claim to be a friend of God, having no need to be justified by works of His righteousness:

Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked.

How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she saith in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow.

You have neither known Him nor obeyed Him to purify your heart from lust. I both know Him and obey Him to love Him with all the heart and body.

Them not of pure heart cannot call upon the Lord from the heart, nor shall see God in the resurrection of the just.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.

No man can be saved and not know Him.

No man can know Him, until he obeys Him.

If we obey Him, only then do we know Him.

Until we know Him by obeying Him from the heart, we cannot be saved nor justified by Him.

No man knows Him nor is justified by Him, until he obeys Him and doeth works of His righteousness from the heart:

What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?

He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

Them that say the are saved by faith only, before obeying Him, are liars. The word of truth is not in their hearts to obey Him, but only between their ears to talk about Him only.

My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For I say unto you, That unto every one which hath shall be given; and from him that hath not, even that he hath shall be taken away from him.

How can we both have not and have?

Them that hear the faith, have knowledge of the faith by hearing only.

Them which do the faith have the faith buried in their hearts.

They that have faith to obey shall given faith to do all things, but them that have not faith to obey shall be taken away even the faith of hearing.

Them that have shall be given: have obedience to the faith.

Them that have not, shall be take away even that which they have: faith by hearing only.

Thgem that have obedience to the faith, have the faith in their hearts.

Them that have not obedience to the faith, have nothing in the end: faith only is dead, being alone without obedience to the faith.

In the end, them that hear only will be robbed of even that which they heard:

Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.

None of the hearers only, that repent not and do the work, will have any remembrance of the faith at the last day.

We use it or we lose it.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Faith is both the substance and the evidence: the substance is hope, and the evidence of the hope is works:

And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

Where there is no evidence of faith unseen, there is no faith at all.

Faith without works is faith without evidence, and is dead being alone without works to be seen by all.

Until we do it, we don't believe it, but only agree with it.

Faith only is agreeing with God, but not obeying God.

Doers of the word are justified with God, not agreers only.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, for his name.

But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.

Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

The faith of Jesus is the gift of God that keeps on giving, so long as it is obeyed.

If we obey not the faith, faith is no more given by God, who is not mocked by the double minded who ask but obey not.

Faith alone that is dead, is man's faith in his own salvation, not the faith of Jesús that saves souls to obey Him.

Faith without works is man's faith, not God's gift.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
The faith of Jesus is the gift of God that keeps on giving, so long as it is obeyed.

You are confusing commandments and law with "faith".

You KEEP the law. You KEEP the commandments

Faith, is not what you keep, its what you BELIEVE. And once you have given your FAITH to GOD, ... God then keeps you as "born again".
You can never stop being born again, as GOD caused this, not you.
FAITH does not keep you saved just like faith does not save you.
GOD saves you, and God SAVED you = when you give God your faith in Christ, just once.
He accepts this faith to GIVE YOU Salvation, as : being born again.
You can never stop being born again.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are confusing commandments and law with "faith".

You KEEP the law. You KEEP the commandments

Faith, is not what you keep, its what you BELIEVE. And once you have given your FAITH to GOD, ... God then keeps you as "born again".
You can never stop being born again, as GOD caused this, not you.
FAITH does not keep you saved just like faith does not save you.
GOD saves you, and God SAVED you = when you give God your faith in Christ, just once.
He accepts this faith to GIVE YOU Salvation, as : being born again.
Faith, is not what you keep, its what you BELIEVE.

Since your faith is not according to Scripture, then you don't even know it, when you contradict Scripture to preach your ignorant faith:

Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

By whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, for his name: Among whom are ye also the called of Jesus Christ.

And Jesus answering said unto them, Do ye not therefore err, because ye know not the scriptures, neither the power of God?

when you give God your faith in Christ, just once. He accepts this faith to GIVE YOU Salvation,

This is particularly ignorant. So, God gives you His gift, because you gave Him your gift first. He loves you, because you first loved Him.

Your personal faith is not only dead to God, but ignorantly proud.

But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness!

Especially if you've never been born again by your own foolish faith, that has nothing to do with the faith and word of Jesus Christ.

Seriously, you need to receive the faith of Jesus into your heart to obey His word only, and repent of trusting and leaning to your own understanding and imagination about faith and salvation.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

There is no believe and be saved, and then do good.

There is only believing to do good, being saved unto the end, and then we may obtain eternal salvation in the end.

Believing and obeying are the same within the heart, which is why faith alone is dead without keeping and obeying the faith of Jesus.

Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

By whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, for his name: Among whom are ye also the called of Jesus Christ.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Faith, is not what you keep, its what you BELIEVE.

When You "Believe The Gospel"... you have faith in Christ, and you have performed the work of God.
"The Work of God, is that you BELIEVE on the One, whom God sent".
God then accepts this Faith, as : "Faith is counted as righteousness".
God then gives you the new birth, through the Holy Spirit, and you become a Son of God, having been born again as "One with God" "in Christ".
No water required. No Commandment keeping required, no Mary involved.... as "Salvation is a GIFT" given by God.
= "Justification by Faith" = Pauline Theology.