Faith Alone is Dead

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ernest T. Bass

Jan 14, 2014
out in the woods
Which is to say, Faith and works are separate things.

Faith is no more separate from works, than is light from it's shining.

Faith only separate from works is dead and dark.
Leviticus 17:11 For the life of the flesh is in the blood:

.....blood gives life to flesh, take away the blood the flesh dies. Obedient works gives life to faith, take away those works and faith dies. For it takes both flesh and blood to have life as it takes both obedience with faith to have eternal life.

Reactions: robert derrick

Abigail

Jan 29, 2022
Brookside
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
your belief that faith is dead.

Faith alone without works is dead, not the faith of Jesus, which is the only faith that saves the soul, and is the only gift of God's faith we are saved by.

What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?

No.

Faith only without works produces neither fish nor salvation, but is dead, being alone with neither fish nor salvation.
What you don't understand is that faith is commensurate with works. They're synonymous. That's what you don't understand. You hold someone needs faith and.... faith and works, to be saved.
And you live that. And you start discussions to shout that from the rooftops. "THIS IS WHAT I BELIEVE!"
And you do it in a forum wherein you're going to garner attention to your herald. FAITH IS DEAD! Because you know you'll garner responses. Because you know you'll meet people who disagree.

If it's all true all the time and that's it, why do you need to invite a debate? This is the debate forum.

You want to shove your opinion down others throats.

I have news for you. Good news for you. FAITH IS NOT DEAD! Because FAITH IS GOD GIVEN! So when you say faith alone is dead, you're dead wrong.
Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Romans 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Faith alone is dead?
Imagine 12 deluded Disciples having no Bible but the living scripture that they walked with and learned from being fed that load of fish guts. Now imagine 13 men feeling sorry for anyone who thinks faith alone is dead.
Sadly, through the pride of men, They are incapable of removing their good deeds, their hard work. Their sacrifices from the equation.

Its why the religious jews could not see their messiah,

Its why the pharisees had Christ crucified

Its why Religious works plus faith is the most popular religious foundation throughout the earth since the fall.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What you don't understand is that faith is commensurate with works. They're synonymous. That's what you don't understand. You hold someone needs faith and.... faith and works, to be saved.
And you live that. And you start discussions to shout that from the rooftops. "THIS IS WHAT I BELIEVE!"
And you do it in a forum wherein you're going to garner attention to your herald. FAITH IS DEAD! Because you know you'll garner responses. Because you know you'll meet people who disagree.

If it's all true all the time and that's it, why do you need to invite a debate? This is the debate forum.

I have news for you. Good news for you. FAITH IS NOT DEAD! Because FAITH IS GOD GIVEN! So when you say faith alone is dead, you're dead wrong.
Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Romans 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Amen

There is no such thing as faith void of works.

We work BECAUSE we have faith

You do not say you trust (have faith) in someone, yet never do anything they say or ask or do. Thats not a real faith that is a claimed faith.

You may believe a man can walk you across a tightrope over the Niagara Falls. But when it comes down to it. You show your true faith when you are called on.

One who does not trust will pass. One who does have faith will gladly climb in and enjoy the wonderous view from above

As james said, even demons believe. Mere belief is not faith. It lacks true faith. That is why there are no works.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

FAITH IS DEAD!

Who said faith is dead? So far, the only one I've read speaking of 'faith is dead' is you.

You need to learn what a debate is. A debate is understanding what someone else is putting forth and addressing it accurately, to either agree or correct it.

There is no debating someone like you, because you plainly refuse to understand anything of others, and choose rather to lie about it, and so are 'debating' something else.

I have already corrected you once in this, and so I will no more:

Faith alone is dead. This is Scripture, therefore this is true. Only unbelievers refuse to believe Scripture as written.

FAITH IS NOT DEAD!

The faith of Jesus is not dead. The faith of man alone is dead.

The faith of Jesus is in the heart of them that obey Him.

The faith of man alone remains dead between the ears, until He is obeyed.

Last edited:

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Leviticus 17:11 For the life of the flesh is in the blood:

.....blood gives life to flesh, take away the blood the flesh dies. Obedient works gives life to faith, take away those works and faith dies. For it takes both flesh and blood to have life as it takes both obedience with faith to have eternal life.
Obedient works gives life to faith, take away those works and faith dies.

Perfect point, because eating His flesh and drinking His blood is doing His will and obeying His Word of faith.

Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.

Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.

Eating and drinking are deeds, works, doing, not just hearing and seeing and believing only.

Only hearing the food is ready and seeing the food prepared does nothing for the body, but only doing the works of eating and drinking gives life to the soul.

Salvation by faith only apart from works is only for the hearers and seerers only who refuse to eat and drink to the full:

Blessed are they that keep judgment, and he that doeth righteousness at all times.

The faith of the Lamb is not in the heart and soul, until the work of eating the sacrifice of burnt offering is done.

Until we do the faith, then the faith is only between our ears.

Hearing and seeing only saves no man, who seeks to justify himself by his own faith alone, and turns back with them that were offended at hearing Jesus say:

Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.

Last edited:

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Being saved and justified of God is only by obeying Him.

Who argues against being saved and justified by obeying God? Them that know they are not: the hypocrites of faith only between the ears.

It is impossible to obey God without believing Him:

But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

But there is a whole boat load of people in the world talking about believing in God, and yet not obeying Him.

And the worst are them who talk all about being saved by faith only without works, and are ever-ready and glad to declare how they too are continuing to sin and disobey Him in the flesh like any other sinner.

Someone wants to 'get saved' by God? Obey Him.

Every soul knows what obeying God is.

And every person knows what lukewarm rubbish is just believing in Him is.

"How do I get saved?" "Oh, just believe in Him, that's all!!!"

And so now, they walk away the same as before trying to believe they are saved.

But when one is told to obey Him, they either walk on to do so, knowing what salvation of God truly is, or they walk away sad, knowing obeying Him is the last thing they want to do:

And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?

Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.

But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions.

The young man believed in Jesus, but He was not saved, because He did not obey Him:

What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?

No.

Jesus did not correct him, as faith aloners would, and tell him there was no good thing to do to be saved, but rather gave him a commandment to obey to have eternal life.

Only them that obey Him have eternal life, because eating His flesh and drinking His blood is doing His faith, keeping His commandment, obeying Him:

Salvation by faith only Christians make for sorry Christians indeed, especially when told they must obey Him to be saved and justified of Him.

What good thing can any believer do to be saved? Obey Him.

Last edited:

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For the commandment is a lamp; and the law is light.

The commandment and law of God is the lamp and the light, obeying God is the shining thereof.

faith only is knowledge of the commandment and law of God between the ears only, but obeying Him is with the heart.

The faith of God is not recieved into the heart from the ears, until His faith is obeyed.

By whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, for his name.

Faith only between the ears, having heard thereof, is dead, and salvation thereby is man's, not God's eternal salvation which is only for them that obey Him.

Them that believe they are saved by faith only apart from works, are trusting in a dead lamb and a dark indeed light of knowledge only:

If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness!

Abigail

Jan 29, 2022
Brookside
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
FAITH IS DEAD!

Who said faith is dead? So far, the only one I've read speaking of 'faith is dead' is you.

You need to learn what a debate is. A debate is understanding what someone else is putting forth and addressing it accurately, to either agree or correct it.

There is no debating someone like you, because you plainly refuse to understand anything of others, and choose rather to lie about it, and so are 'debating' something else.

I have already corrected you once in this, and so I will no more:

Faith alone is dead. This is Scripture, therefore this is true. Only unbelievers refuse to believe Scripture as written.

FAITH IS NOT DEAD!

The faith of Jesus is not dead. The faith of man alone is dead.

The faith of Jesus is in the heart of them that obey Him.

The faith of man alone remains dead between the ears, until He is obeyed.
You aren't able to correct anyone here. You simply don't understand. You are myopic.

You're not making a structured argument like happens in debates. You're making statements pertaining to absolutes. That precludes an open debate. There are sites that instruct as to how to participate in an actual debate. I checked. You should too.

When you say faith alone is dead, that's ridiculous. That's why when you state that you're stating faith is dead. Because you think there is something more. That's because you don't understand how Christians come to know the truth of God through Christ.
That's what and why you don't understand your proclamation is contrary to scripture. And you'll never see that because you don't read the scripture that informs you of that fact first else you'd never think to make a thread declaring faith alone is dead.

You've no idea. That's why you're unable to debate. That's why you get mad when people don't concede to your errant proclamation about faith.

And the Christians here that are wasting their time trying to guide you to the truth maybe don't realize that when that truth doesn't reach you from the pages of the Bible, they're not going to reach you through typed font on a discussion board.

And it just occurred to me due to someone I read in a different discussion. You're but one of a few here who assume the same attitude against scripture and inspired truth and doctrine. They insist it all means something else. And argue that point against all proof shown through actual and correct posting of scripture.

Abigail

Jan 29, 2022
Brookside
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen

There is no such thing as faith void of works.

We work BECAUSE we have faith

You do not say you trust (have faith) in someone, yet never do anything they say or ask or do. Thats not a real faith that is a claimed faith.

You may believe a man can walk you across a tightrope over the Niagara Falls. But when it comes down to it. You show your true faith when you are called on.

One who does not trust will pass. One who does have faith will gladly climb in and enjoy the wonderous view from above

As james said, even demons believe. Mere belief is not faith. It lacks true faith. That is why there are no works.

This is how I see it. God's grace given faith which alone justifies is never an isolated event. The grace filled God given faith we are blessed to be gifted with bears with it transformative fruits of and from the Holy Spirit that is God within. Therefore, it isn't that we simply have faith and that's it. It's a matter of our being regenerated and transformed to now follow the guidance of God and serve his will.

Therein lies the difference between those who think they need to earn the kingdom of God after they're dead by making an exhibition of what they believe to look like they have faith in God while alive in this world.

And those who live in the peace of God realizing his kingdom is within all of creation if we are graced with the eyes to see. And as such that's where we live all the time. And that's why we serve God's purpose for us day to day. Because we're not in that world we once knew anymore. We have new eyes, a new consciousness, and a new purpose.

Those who don't see that think if they go to church on Sunday, wear a cross, say their prayers even in public before eating a meal in a restaurant, that those behaviors and appearances will show people they're a Christian. And they'll earn their way to heaven by following some self-prescribed rules they've eked out of scripture God knows how, because they're afraid they can do something that will damn them again.

That's not living the eternal peace of Christ. That's acting the part.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Abigail

Jan 29, 2022
Brookside
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sadly, through the pride of men, They are incapable of removing their good deeds, their hard work. Their sacrifices from the equation.

Its why the religious jews could not see their messiah,

Its why the pharisees had Christ crucified

Its why Religious works plus faith is the most popular religious foundation throughout the earth since the fall.
“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cain believed in God; in point of fact Cain believed in the same God that his
brother believed in and he worshipped the same God as his brother's.
However, Cain's belief was dead to God because it wasn't garnished with
piety.

Gen 4:7a . . If you do what is right, will you not be accepted?

Cain no doubt felt very strongly that his rituals were adequate enough for
him to be counted a true believer, but that has never been true. One's
conduct is far and away more important than one's rituals.

Cain's situation is well illustrated at Isa 1:11-20. Moses' people were offering
all the covenanted sacrifices, they were praying up a storm, and observing
all the God-given feasts and holy days; bit He rejected all of it, even though
He himself required it, because the people's personal conduct was
unbecoming. That's still the rule today.

1John 1:6 . . If we claim to have fellowship with Him, yet walk in the
darkness, we lie and do not live by the truth.
_

Reactions: robert derrick

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

Backsliding is dead faith.

"Demas left the ministry loving this present world".......is dead faith.

But here is the good news..

Faith is not the Savior.......God is the Savior.
So, if God has saved you through your faith, then you are now His..

If later you have some issue with your faith, this does not affect your BIRTH, as you have already been born again.

Here is another good news.

"Jesus is the author and finisher of your Faith"........so, if you have faith issues.....>He does not, which means your faith is in His hands once you have BELIEVED, exactly as your Salvation will be finished by God.

Philippians 1:6. "God, who began salvation in all the born again, will HIMSELF.....be faithful to complete it".

So, your faith and your salvation, are going to be completed by Christ and God.

Your only part, is to give God your faith.......>"the will of God is that you believe on JESUS, WHOM GOD SENT"..

HAVE YOU ??
If you have, then God has you and you can rest in God's Grace..........never again worrying about your salvaiton.

Get busy now working it out, which means to learn how to have a "renewed mind" always, and to be dependable and available for God to use.
That is your Discipleship that you offer because God has SAVED YOU already.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You aren't able to correct anyone here. You simply don't understand. You are myopic.

You're not making a structured argument like happens in debates. You're making statements pertaining to absolutes. That precludes an open debate. There are sites that instruct as to how to participate in an actual debate. I checked. You should too.

When you say faith alone is dead, that's ridiculous. That's why when you state that you're stating faith is dead. Because you think there is something more. That's because you don't understand how Christians come to know the truth of God through Christ.
That's what and why you don't understand your proclamation is contrary to scripture. And you'll never see that because you don't read the scripture that informs you of that fact first else you'd never think to make a thread declaring faith alone is dead.

You've no idea. That's why you're unable to debate. That's why you get mad when people don't concede to your errant proclamation about faith.

And the Christians here that are wasting their time trying to guide you to the truth maybe don't realize that when that truth doesn't reach you from the pages of the Bible, they're not going to reach you through typed font on a discussion board.

And it just occurred to me due to someone I read in a different discussion. You're but one of a few here who assume the same attitude against scripture and inspired truth and doctrine. They insist it all means something else. And argue that point against all proof shown through actual and correct posting of scripture.
And the Christians here that are wasting their time trying to guide you to the truth...

I have learned to be patient with people, which is not so convenient in formats such as this, where we want to say everything we have to say at once, and so the details of the argument gets lost in the weeds.

And so, I will try once more with you.

I give you an open chance to correct my reading of Scripture:

I say Scripture is teaching that faith alone without works is dead: faith alone is dead.

Do you agree? If not, then give a different understanding of it, and correct my conclusion from it.

Thanks.

Reactions: Wynona

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cain believed in God; in point of fact Cain believed in the same God that his
brother believed in and he worshipped the same God as his brother's.
However, Cain's belief was dead to God because it wasn't garnished with
piety.

Gen 4:7a . . If you do what is right, will you not be accepted?

Cain no doubt felt very strongly that his rituals were adequate enough for
him to be counted a true believer, but that has never been true. One's
conduct is far and away more important than one's rituals.

Cain's situation is well illustrated at Isa 1:11-20. Moses' people were offering
all the covenanted sacrifices, they were praying up a storm, and observing
all the God-given feasts and holy days; bit He rejected all of it, even though
He himself required it, because the people's personal conduct was
unbecoming. That's still the rule today.

1John 1:6 . . If we claim to have fellowship with Him, yet walk in the
darkness, we lie and do not live by the truth.
_
You have hit the nail on the head.

Cain not only believed in God, but talked with God personally. His faith however was dead to God, because Cain wanted to be justified with God without doing the works of God's righteousness.

Cain wanted to be accepted with God by offering up his own sacrifice to God, and so doing his own righteousness rather than God's.

This is what Scripture with Paul was rebuking, which the Jews of old had fallen into: seeking to do God's righteousness by their own will and faith, and not by God's Word of faith. They thought themselves justified with God by the works of their own righteousness.

Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost.

Then there is the faith alone crowd, that want to reject any works of righteousness at all to be justified with God, which is what Scripture James rebukes. They consider any and all works to be anathema to their salvation and justification, which is not God's but their own.

There are two ways to self-righteousness of man:

The self-righteous thinking to be be made righteous by their own works of righteousness, which Paul rebuked, and the self-righteous thinking to be made righteous without any works of righteousness at all.

Scripture is teaching us that believing in God does not necessarily mean we believe in Him as He is, and seeking to do our own works of righteousness is not obeying Him according to His commandment. Man can believe in the one true God, but in another way of their own faith and making, which is neither pleasing, accepted, nor justified with God.

Only them that believe God according to His Word, and do it in deed and in truth, are saved and justified with God.

Only them that have the faith of Jesus in the heart and obey Him with the whole heart are saved and justified of God.

Any other kind of faith, with or without deeds, falls short of the glory of God and shall not obtain eternal salvation at the end.

It's the same with Scripture of God. Man can believe the Scriptures are true, but then go about teaching something false of their own making about God, that they want to believe is true, but is not.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost.

Here is where many faith aloners are in error about the Scriptural doctrine of justification with God by doing works of His righteousness.

This Scripture is not speaking of any works of righteousness at all, but is rebuking works of righteousness of our own, our own works of righteousness that is not God's righteousness.

We are justified by works of His righteousness which we do by His faith with the heart.

We are not justified with god by works of righteousness which we have done of our own will and making:

Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began.

For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge. For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

It is the self-righteousness that seek God's righteousness, but not by the faith of God found in Scripture only:

But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness. Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone; As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

The Jews of old were not seeking righteousness of God by faith in the Scriptures as written, but by their own faith in their own traditions wrested from Scripture, so that they stumbled and rejected Jesus as the Christ, who came to confirm the promises of Scripture, and always spoke of Scripture only.

Unlike the scribes and priests of the day, who spoke only of their own traditions and according to their own minds, Jesus spoke to all who would hear with authority of Scripture, which is what offended the false leaders.

So it is with Christians seeking to be justified of God without doing His righteousness, but as it were by faith only.

And when they are corrected by Scripture, they become just as offended at the Rock of Scripture, the truth of the salvation and justification of God by the faith of Jesus obeyed with the heart:

Only them believing and obeying Him are justified of Him and will obtain eternal salvation at the end of this life.

There is no salvation nor justification of God by faith only separated and apart from doing the works of God's righteousness.

We are saved from our sins to do His righteousness at all times, not saved in our sins and justified by faith only.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are saved by faith that trusts in Jesus Christ alone for salvation (Romans 4:5-6) and not by an empty profession of faith that demonstrates by the lack of works that it’s dead. (James 2:14)
Are we not ALSO saved by baptism: 1 Peter 3:21, Titus 3:5

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’
Amen, He said he NEVER KNEW THEM.

That should speak loudly. Sadly I fear hearts are hard, and seeing they can not see and hearing they can not hear

Reactions: Abigail

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

This is a primary principle in life among all the living in matters of faith, that is confirmed in Scripture.

This is not, as some suggest, a teaching of Scripture pertaining only to being a blessing to others, but is not pertaining to God saving our souls.

The principle is simple: there is no such thing as 'faith' in any matter nor for any purpose, that is alone without works.

Among men it's called being all talk and no show, all mouth, puts on a good show only, plenty of faith on the inside and nothing on the outside, he talks a good game but does nothing about it, and finally there is Missouri the Show Me state:

Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

God simply sums it up as dead, being alone.

The principle confirmed in Scripture therefore concludes that no man is saved by any faith alone:

And there is no faith of God that is alone, because God is not the God of the dead but of the living: the just that live by faith, not the dead that have faith alone.

Just remember that James contrasted "saving" faith with mere mental assent. He spoke of the demons who have "faith" which causes them to tremble.

we are saved by grace through faith, that apart from any works! but true faith works!

Phil. 2: 13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

A true believer has god working in them to 1. desire to do Gods Will and 2. is empowered to do gods will.

But this is a sign of their salvation but not anything that is needed to be, stay or maintain their salvation.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

That should speak loudly. Sadly I fear hearts are hard, and seeing they can not see and hearing they can not hear

Because He no longer remembers their names.

He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

Sadly I fear hearts are hard, and seeing they can not see and hearing they can not hear.

Hard heartedness is for stiff-necked believers with ears-only for the Word of God, but no obedience in the heart: they reject doing the righteousness of God at all times in favor of a self-justification by a faith, that is only between the ears.

That should speak loudly. Sadly I fear hearts are hard, and seeing they can not see and hearing they can not hear[/QUOTE]
When I shall say to the righteous, that he shall surely live; if he trust to his own righteousness, and commit iniquity, all his righteousnesses shall not be remembered; but for his iniquity that he hath committed, he shall die for it.

And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

Hypocrites in the faith have no problem with God no more remembering the sins of them that repent, but have no ears nor eyes of the heart to acknowledge the same for them that turn from His righteousness to the sins of the world.

Of course, many believers in faith-only never have their names written in the Lamb's book of life at all, since they never received the faith of God into their hearts by obeying Him.

Their own faith alone remained dead between the ears on the wayside of this life.