Faith Alone is Dead

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

Those who do the righteousness of God at all times, by faith and love of God from the heart, are them that have confidence they will endure temptation unto the end, because they take refuge and comfort in the law of the Lord to love and obey it from the heart.

O how love I thy law! it is my meditation all the day. I hate vain thoughts: but thy law do I love. I hate and abhor lying: but thy law do I love.

The shadow of death is temptation for sin, which the faithful overcome while walking through in the steps of their forerunner Jesus.

Them with faith only to continue in their sins and trespasses are not enduring temptation in the shadow of death, but are walking unashamed in the darkness of them that are still dead their sins, having no fellowship with Jesus in the Light.

Their dead faith between their ears does not enlighten the eyes of their hearts to obey God in all things.

Then Jesus said unto them, Yet a little while is the light with you. Walk while ye have the light, lest darkness come upon you: for he that walketh in darkness knoweth not whither he goeth.

They claim to be knowing where they are going by being saved through faith alone.

Those wilfully continuing still in submission to sin in this life will not walk in white worthy of the Lord, which is only for them that overcome all flesh unto the end, even as He overcame in the days of His flesh.

Last edited:

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen, He said he NEVER KNEW THEM.

Because He no longer remembers their names.[/qiote]
lol

NEVER KNEW you

and FORGOT YOU

are two different things.

Jesus did not say I forgot your name. or I no longer remember you

He said HE NEVER KNEW YOU

He also said they practiced sin. The only person who practices sin is someone who has NEVER KNOWN GOD (1 John 3: 6)

Reactions: mailmandan

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
lol

NEVER KNEW you

and FORGOT YOU

are two different things.

Jesus did not say I forgot your name. or I no longer remember you

He said HE NEVER KNEW YOU

He also said they practiced sin. The only person who practices sin is someone who has NEVER KNOWN GOD (1 John 3: 6)
Jesus did not say I forgot your name.

No, He blotted it out, and remembers their righteousness no more.

Just as He never knew the old man of sin, when any come to Him by faith of the heart to do His will unto the end.

The only person who practices sin is someone who has NEVER KNOWN GOD.

So, I have you all wrong?

Your heart is purified of lust of the world, so you call upon Him from a pure heart?

You do His righteousness at all times? You hands are cleansed of sins of the flesh?

Last edited:

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus did not say I forgot your name.

No, He blotted it out, and remembers their righteousness no more.

That is not what he said, He said I NEVER KNEW YOU.

Please do not take the words of CHrist and turn them into something else.
Jesus as He never knew the old man of sin, when any come to Him by faith of the heart to do His will unto the end.

The only person who practices sin is someone who has NEVER KNOWN GOD.

So, I have you all wrong?

Your heart is purified of lust of the world, so you call upon Him from a pure heart?

You do His righteousness at all times? You hands are cleansed of sins of the flesh?

So you practice sin? I have you all wrong. You claim to know God but practice sin?

As for me, I just told you what John said, Whoever practices sin, or continues in sin, Or lives in sin has never seen or known God.

Just like Jesus said whoever he does not know practices sin.

It is the same things, said from a different view. from two different people. One who happens to be God. the other who happens to be the disciple he loved.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Faith as wide as the ocean and deep as a puddle.

Many even claim that obedience to God is works salvation.

It's all in an effort to attack and diminish the Word of God.

It is Heresy that no longer bothers to wear a disguise.

The wolf strolls proudly among "professed" Christians now. Packs of his kin lead the masses.
Many even claim that obedience to God is works salvation.

And obeying God at all times is pride, because that is not possible in this life.

The wolf strolls proudly among "professed" Christians now. Packs of his kin lead the masses.

I've been among them that are real wolves with teeth. They are the super-righteous with holiness rules of men that would condemn the apostles as compromisers of the world. Their Jewish counterparts had the Lord crucified.

But the faith aloners are of a different breed from the other side. They attack the blameless in Christ with their gums.

The wolves with teeth shred the sheep apart with iron-clad commandments of men.

The wolves with gums make the sheep want to stab themselves to death and get it over with already.

Last edited:

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is not what he said, He said I NEVER KNEW YOU.

Please do not take the words of CHrist and turn them into something else.

So you practice sin? I have you all wrong. You claim to know God but practice sin?

As for me, I just told you what John said, Whoever practices sin, or continues in sin, Or lives in sin has never seen or known God.

Just like Jesus said whoever he does not know practices sin.

It is the same things, said from a different view. from two different people. One who happens to be God. the other who happens to be the disciple he loved.
So you practice sin?

No.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you practice sin?

No.
Good neither do I

Why are you asking me this for?

Have I ever said I practice sin or even hinted at the fact I might.

I think your trying to sidestep the issue of what Jesus said about those who practice sin, and about what John said about them.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good neither do I

Have I ever said I practice sin or even hinted at the fact I might.

I think your trying to sidestep the issue of what Jesus said about those who practice sin, and about what John said about them.

I answered your direct question with a direct answer?

Why do you not do the same?

Do you have a purified heart? A heart without lust of the world, and so call upon the Lord from a pure heart?

Are you saying such a question is invalid for a Christian to ask? It is a question that ought not be asked of Christians?

What do you say? Yes, or no? Do you still have the lust of the world in your heart?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I answered your direct question with a direct answer?

Why do you not do the same?

Do you have a purified heart? A heart without lust of the world, and so call upon the Lord from a pure heart?

Are you saying such a question is invalid for a Christian to ask? It is a question that ought not be asked of Christians?

What do you say? Yes, or no? Do you still have the lust of the world in your heart?
What does that have to do with the question at hand. Did Jesus said he NEVER KNEW THEM or not?

You trying to change the subject so you can sidestep the discussion and try to turn it to something else is not going to help

If we say we have no sin we deceived ourselves. Am I sinless? No. I am not deceived and think I am something I am not. Thats what the pharisees did, I have no desire to be like them

That however has no bearing on what Jesus said.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
True. I never knew the import of that verse until I encountered such people on this forum.
Its funny how Jesus is making legalism here (the pharisees and those who think they must or can earn salvation by their deeds or how good they are.

Yet they try to use this verse to counter true grace believers who trust solely in Christ and his work to save them.

Reactions: Abigail

Abigail

Jan 29, 2022
Brookside
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its funny how Jesus is making legalism here (the pharisees and those who think they must or can earn salvation by their deeds or how good they are.

Yet they try to use this verse to counter true grace believers who trust solely in Christ and his work to save them.
I see it as God's work. Showing us once again what we already know but yet reiterating it for the sake of others who may be new at this. It sends the message, his word is eternal, truth, and always on time. :)

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see it as God's work. Showing us once again what we already know but yet reiterating it for the sake of others who may be new at this. It sends the message, his word is eternal, truth, and always on time. :)
Amen to that sister

Also shows we have to keep our eyes open. So easy to interpret the word to fit us and not fit us to the word.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What does that have to do with the question at hand. Did Jesus said he NEVER KNEW THEM or not?

You trying to change the subject so you can sidestep the discussion and try to turn it to something else is not going to help

If we say we have no sin we deceived ourselves. Am I sinless? No. I am not deceived and think I am something I am not. Thats what the pharisees did, I have no desire to be like them

That however has no bearing on what Jesus said.
Am I sinless? No.

Not the question asked.

You have the lust of the world still in your heart?

Your heart is not purified from the lust of the world?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Am I sinless? No.

Not the question asked.

You have the lust of the world still in your heart?

Your heart is not purified from the lust of the world?
If we had no more lust, we would be sinless. Because we would never be tempted.

Be honest with yourself and admit, your sin issues is because of lust, in serving the flesh.

As paul said in Romans 7, Its not that we desire to serve the flesh, Its that the flesh is still there and we spend the rest of our lives crucifying that flesh.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Be honest with yourself and admit, your sin issues is because of lust, in serving the flesh.

As paul said in Romans 7, Its not that we desire to serve the flesh, Its that the flesh is still there and we spend the rest of our lives crucifying that flesh.

A discreet answer. Good.

Then Jesus had lust in His heart?

For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

Last edited:

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

A discreet answer. Good.

Then Jesus had lust in His heart?

For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.
Jesus was sinless was he not?

Are you?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@Abigail I love how Isaiah 55.11 says that God Word 'shall accomplish that which I please'.... It's active and living, indeed... :)