Faith-based tattoo: as a result of one, did you ever talk with someone? (Poll included)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Faith-based tattoo: as a result of one, did you ever talk with someone?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@Dropship Thanks for the 'like'; here's the quote:

QueenCat said:
Around here (Bible Belt), it is common, especially among evangelical Christians, for the girls under about 40 to have religious tattoos. More do than don't, especially when you get to the under 30 crowd. I hardly know any female at church that is under 30 that does not have a tattoo.
forums dot thewelltrainedmind dot com

SERVANTedu

May 31, 2022
Midwest-ish
teenchallengetx.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@SERVANTedu So kind of, inviting ppl to ask you what the Hebrew letters are? giving you a testimony opportunity.............

Pretty much. . . I'm not sure I want to do it though, although I work in full time ministry none of my tattoos are visible and I'm not sure I want to get one that can be seen out of the "t shirt line"

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I should think it's fine for people to have christian tattoos but the danger is that their boyfriend/girlfriend might not know whether to kiss them or read them..:)

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
My sons have never expressed a desire for a tattoo. In fact, they both have expressed that they didn't intend on getting one.
@TLHKAJ In a sense I'm all in favor of the idea of swimming against the tide, so to speak. Just because others have it done is not necessarily a reason to contemplate doing it oneself.

But also it's good to remember that it's so widespread, and for ppl around the age of 18 it's such a widely practised thing. All the young ppl with Bible verses tattooed with whom I have spoken have seemingly done it for witness tool reasons.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
She went to a professional and covered to not have a skull seen.
@Taken
I can understand that she might indeed have changed her mind about a past tattoo design.

Ppl do change their minds about that sort of thing if they have had a change of heart.

Of course, sometimes a tattoo can still be gracious and womanly:

aa4a1e4f537f14bc1c9ee64b231e7aa6--psalms--tattoo-fall-tattoo.jpg

HeatherA

May 16, 2022
Carson City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi @HeatherA Sorry the poll expired already.....You're from Nevada, right?

I think Nevada has a lot of tattoo parlors, right?
Yes, among other stuff Reno also has a lot of tattoo places. Carson City has a few. Most people travel to Reno or Las Vegas for it.

I have 1 tattoo and I got it in Reno.

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Yes, among other stuff Reno also has a lot of tattoo places. Carson City has a few. Most people travel to Reno or Las Vegas for it.

I have 1 tattoo and I got it in Reno.
@HeatherA Oh so it's not nearly all just in Vegas that there are tattoo parlors, then. (Maybe you did check out the portfoli artwork in some of the Vegas parlors when you've visited, though...)

So you too wanted a tattooing experience; so maybe was it for a faith based design?

(Faith based tattoo designs have become very widespread and sought after.)

Last edited:

HeatherA

May 16, 2022
Carson City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@HeatherA Oh so it's not nearly all just in Vegas that there are tattoo parlors, then. (Maybe you did check out the portfoli artwork in some of the Vegas parlors when you've visited, though...)

So you too wanted a tattooing experience; so maybe was it for a faith based design?

(Faith based tattoo designs have become very widespread and sought after.)
I have never been in any tattoo shop in Vegas, I just go there to see family at my aunts house.

I do have a cross tattoo.

Reactions: farouk